Looking down on our planet, it may come as a surprise to find just how much of it is blanketed in snow and ice.
俯瞰我们美丽的星球,可能会令人惊叹不已,我们可以找到很多被冰雪覆盖的大陆。
These vast frozen wildernesses cover more than a fifth of our planet
这些广阔的冰冻荒野,涵盖了地球五分之一以上的面积...
yet some areas are so remote and inhospitable that, even today, the closest we've come to exploring them is from space.
即使在今天,有些地区还是如此的偏远和荒凉,以至于我们只能从太空中探索它们的神秘。
More than a decade ago, the first series of Frozen Planet examined life in the Arctic and the Antarctic.
十多年前,《冰冻星球》系列的第一部探秘了北极和南极的生命。
In this series, we will explore all of Earth's frozen habitats...
在本系列中,我们将探索地球上更多的冰冻栖息地...
from its highest peaks, to its snowbound deserts, to deep beneath the ice.
从最高山峰,到白雪皑皑的沙漠,再到冰层深处。
Between them, they contain an astonishing array of animals... many that are found nowhere else on Earth.
在它们中间,生活着一系列惊人的动物...在地球上其他地方是绝无仅有的。
We will watch the extraordinary ways by which they manage to survive.
我们将观看到动物一直设法生存的非凡努力。
Using new technology, such as racer drones, we'll gain a new insight into their remarkable lives.
摄制组使用新技术,如赛车遥控式无人机,我们将会对动物们不平凡的生活有全新的认识。
But just as we're beginning to understand its wildlife, we are recognising an alarming truth.
但就在我们开始了解野生动物时,我们正在认识到一个令人震惊的事实。
Our frozen wildernesses are disappearing at faster rates than ever before.
我们冰冻的荒野正在不断消失,以比往更快的速度消失。
And never has it been more important to understand what is going on in these icy territories.
了解清楚这些冰冷的地区发生的事从未像现在如此重要。
In this first episode, we will travel from pole to pole...
在第一集中,我们将从一极到另一极,
to celebrate the precious wildlife found in our frozen wildernesses...
庆贺还有一些珍贵的野生动物在冰冻的荒野中能够被我们发现...
and witness their wonders... while there is still time to save them.
并见证它们的奇迹,而且仍有时间来拯救这些生命。