回家后
Home at last! 家是避风的港湾,只有在家里,一个人才能回归本色、完全放松。在家里,你可以恣意抱怨,可以睡得横七竖八,可以无所顾忌地看电视看到深夜…
开门!Open the door!
○ Open it! It’s me. 开门!是我。
我找不到钥匙了。I can’t find the key.
○ I lost the key.
我把钥匙弄丢了。
亲爱的,我回来了。Honey, I’m home.
= Honey, I’m back.
今天怎么样?How did it go today?
= How was your day?
○ Did you have a good time today?
今天过得愉快吗?
累死了!I’m exhausted!
○ A little bit tired.
有点儿累。
○ Too tired. 太累了。
★ exhausted a. 疲惫不堪的,精疲力竭的
倒霉透了。It’s just not my day.
= I had a bad hair day.
● not one’s day“不顺利,不如意,倒霉”
● bad hair day “不如意的一天,不愉快的一天”
和平常一样。Just as usual.
○ Nothing to mention. 没什么值得一提的。
★mention [] v. 提起,提及
● as usual“照常”
我现在情绪很低落。I’m feeling down.
= I’m feeling blue.
○ I’m a little down in the mouth.
我有些沮丧。
○ I’m in the doldrums.
我现在无精打采。
★ doldrums [] n. 忧郁
我饿死了,咱们出去吃吧。I’m starving, so let’s dine out.
○ Let’s eat out.
咱们出去吃吧。
★ starving [] a. 饿得要死的
● dine out = eat out“去饭馆吃饭”
我太累,不想做饭了。I’m too tired, so I don’t want to cook.
○Is dinner ready?
晚饭做好了吗?
跟家人见面的感觉真好。I feel so good to see my family.
○ It’s good to be at home.
还是在家好啊。
○ There’s no place like home.
哪儿也没有自己家好。
○ Home at last.
终于到家了。
我想先冲个澡。I want to take a shower first.