Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing.
请简单概括一下讲话人正在讨论的问题。
Then state which solution you would recommend. Explain the reasons for your recommendation
然后说明你会推荐哪种解决方案,并解释原因。
Listen to a conversation between two students.
请听下面两个学生间的对话。
Hey, Beth, how are things?
你好,Beth,最近怎么样?
Not great.
不怎么样。
Why? What's wrong?
怎么了?你遇到什么问题了吗?
I just found out I have to move out of my apartment, like, right away.
我才发现我必须马上搬出我的公寓,立刻马上。
You're kidding! Why?
你在开玩笑吧?为什么?
Well, my apartment, it's in a house, a kind of old house.
嗯...我的公寓在一栋房子里,一栋老房子。
And now something's wrong with the water pipes. I think some of the pipes burst or wore out or something.
现在房子里的水管出问题了。我想应该是有些水管爆了或者坏了什么的。
Anyway, we don't have any water in the house, and apparently it's gonna take two weeks to fix the problem.
反正目前房子里一点儿水也没有了,而且很明显,得两个星期才能解决这个问题。
So you need to find a place to live for what? two weeks or so?
所以你要找个地方住多久?两个星期左右?
Yeah, bad timing, huh? With mid-term exams coming up and everything!
对啊,时机太不好了是吧?正好马上要期中考试了!
So you've figured out what you're going to do?
那你想好怎么办了吗?
Well, some friends said I could stay at their place.
嗯...一些朋友说我可以去他们那儿住。
They don't have an extra bedroom but they said it'd be OK for me to sleep on their living room couch.
虽然他们没有多余的卧室,但是他们说我可以睡在客厅的沙发上。
You could probably handle that for a couple of weeks, right?
或许你可以这么凑合几个星期的,对吗?
I guess so. I mean it's really nice of them to offer. And it's free!
应该是吧。毕竟他们能这么说实在太好了,而且是免费的!
The only problem is they already have four people living there so it could be a little crowded.
唯一的问题是他们那已经住了四个人了,所以可能会有点挤。
And not ideal for studying for mid-terms.
而且也不适合准备期中考试。
Yeah, too many distractions.
对啊,太多干扰了。
Hmmm, any other options?
那还有别的选择吗?
Well, I did find this place. It's a small hotel over on 3rd street right near campus.
我找到了一个地方,是个小宾馆,就在离学校不远的第三条街上。
Oh, right! A lot of kid's parents stay there when they come for a visit.
对,没错。很多学生家长来玩的时候就会住在那儿。
Right. So I could get a room there. They have a weekly rate and it's pretty reasonable.
是的。我可以在那开间房。他们有一个一周的套餐,价钱也很合理。
But, I don't know...
不过,我也不知道...
At least at the hotel you'd have a space of your own, you know, so you could get more done.
至少在宾馆里你有自己的空间,可以完成更多事情。
That's definitely a plus. But I have to think about it.
那绝对是个优势。不过我还是要好好想想。
Even though it was pretty cheap, it'll still end up costing me some money.
即使已经很便宜了,但最后还是会花掉一些钱的。
And my budget is pretty tight right now.
而我现在的预算真的很紧张。