46.Another Try
46.再试一次
When Gavin caught up to Michelle, he stopped first to catch his breath.
当加文追上米歇尔的时候,他首先停下来喘了口气。
"Michelle, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that! You caught me on the wrong foot!"
"米歇尔,对不起。我不是故意那么说的!你给我来了个措手不及!
"What, you don't say offensive things every day?"
什么,你不是每天说得罪人的话吗?
"No. No. I've really changed for the better.
不,不。我是真的有所改进。
Really, I don't cater to the whims of my old friends any more.
真的,我不在迎合那些老朋友的心血来潮的想法了。
I don't smoke, drink, swear or take drugs.
我不抽烟,不喝酒,不骂人,也不吸毒。
I've cleaned up, really.
我把坏毛病全都给改了,是真的。
Now I just want to be with you."
我现在只想跟你在一起。
He stopped, paused and then continued, " We caught a glimpse of how good our relationship could be this morning at breakfast.
他停下来,歇了一会儿继续说道,”今天早晨吃早饭的时候,我们看见了我们的关系可能有多好。
Please, look around you, the leaves are changing color, there's chamber music in the air.
请你看一看你的周围,树叶在变颜色,空气中飘动着室内乐。
It's a beautiful day.
这是一个多么美好的日子。
Let's walk a little and paint castles in the sky, talk and dream about the good life."
我们散散步,做做白日梦,说一说,想一想美好的生活。
As Michelle stoppedd to listen she did hear music.
米歇尔停下来听了听,还真的听到了音乐。
And it was a beautiful day.
这是个令人愉快的日子。
He had caught her on the nail.
他立即把她抓住了。
She decided to cave in and give Gavin another chance.
她决定投降,再给加文一次机会。
"Well that maple tree really does catch people's eye, doesn't it? It almost looks like it's catching fire!"
那棵枫树真的引人注目,对吧?它差不多看上去就像是着了火!
Gavin smiled and caught on to her skirt.
加文笑了。他抓住她的裙子。
"Yes. Here wear my jacket so that you don't catch cold."
是的。来,穿上我的夹克,免得你着凉。
Michelle took the jacket and wrapped it around herself.
米歇尔拿着夹克把自己过了起来。
Gavin put his arm around her and they walked down the path.
加文拥抱着她,两人一起沿小路走去。
"And if we walk around this corner we can just catch sight of the prettiest lake in the park."
“拐过这个弯我们就能看见公园最美的湖。”
"Ohhh." said Michelle as she saw the lake.
“啊……”米歇尔说,她看见了那个湖。
Central Park truly was beautiful in the fall.
秋天的中央公园真是漂亮。
"Okay. We'll give in another try." she said.
“好的,我们再试一次。”她说。