Listen to a conversation between two students.
请听两位学生之间的对话。
Man: I don't know about you, but, I'm really looking forward to summer break.
男:我不知道你怎么想,不过我真的超级期待暑假。
Woman: I can't even think that far ahead.
女:我还没法想到那么远。
I've got so much to do before the end of the semester.
这学期结束之前我要做的事情太多了。
I've been feeling pretty stressed out lately.
最近我压力实在太大了。
Man: Why? What's going on?
男:嗯?怎么了?
Woman: Well, I just have so many assignments.
女:我的作业太多了。
I've got three major research papers to do and they all due, basically, at the same time, in two weeks.
我有三份专业研究报告要写,而且基本上都要在同一时间完成--两周内。
Man: Wow! Three? That is a lot. And research papers take a lot of time.
男:哇,三份?那确实很多,而且研究报告要花很多时间。
Woman: Right, and between my job and classes, there just aren't enough hours in the day to get them all done.
女:对啊,而且我每天还要上课和工作,根本没有足够时间把它们全搞定。
Man: Well, is there anything you could cut from your schedule, I mean, you're working part-time in an office in town, aren't you?
男:那...你的日程表里有没有可以删掉的活动?你在市里一家办公室兼职,对吗?
Why don't you just reduce your hours there for a while, at least till you get the papers done.
为什么不暂时减少一些在那上班的时间呢?最起码等你把报告搞定。
Woman: Well, I guess I could tell my boss I need to cut back on my hours for a couple of weeks, uh, but I don't know, I haven't been working there very long.
女:好吧,我想我可以跟老板说我这两个星期要少工作几个小时,不过我也说不好,我在那工作没多久。
I don't want to make a bad impression by asking for time off already?
现在就请假会让他对我印象不好吧?我不想这样...
Man: What else could you do?
男:那你还能怎么办呢?
Woman: Well, another option is I could get an extension on one of the papers.
女:嗯...还有一个选择就是我可以给其中一份报告申请延期。
I asked one of my professors about it, my History professor, and she said it would be OK if I handed the paper in a week late.
我问过其中一个教授了,我的历史教授,她说我晚一个周交报告也可以。
So, I guess I could just concentrate on getting the other two papers done first.
所以,我想这样我就可以先集中精神搞定另外两份报告。
Man: Oh, that's great.
男:哦,那很好啊。
Woman: Yeah, only she said she'd have to take a few points off the grade for the paper since it would be late, you know, to be fair to the other students.
女:是啊,只不过她说因为我交的时间晚,所以为了公平起见,要扣掉我几分。
Man: Oh, that's a drag. So what are you gonna do?
男:啊,那也是个问题。所以你打算怎么办?
Woman: Uh, I don't know yet.
女:我还没想清楚呢。