Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
请听下面两位学生讨论这封信。
Woman: Hey, did you read that letter? What do you think?
女:你看了那封信没有?你觉得怎么样?
Man: Yeah, I read it. I understand what she's saying but I really don't agree with her suggestions.
男:恩,我看了。我知道她的意思,但是我实在不同意她的建议。
Woman: How come?
女:怎么呢?
Man: Well, students often need to borrow the bikes for longer periods of time, sometimes a whole day.
男:恩......学生们经常需要借用自行车更长时间,有时候甚至一整天。
Woman: What for?
女:为什么?
Man: Well, like, to do stuff off-campus, for instance, my friends and I on the weekends, sometimes we like to ride bikes to the state park outside of town and do some hiking there.
男:在校外做一些事情啊,比如,我和朋友有时候周末喜欢骑车去城外的国家公园,在那儿走走。
And it basically takes a whole day. It's night time by the time when we get back.
这样的话基本要花一整天的时间。等我们回到学校的时候已经是晚上了。
Woman: So if you had less time you wouldn't be able to do that.
女:所以如果你时间不够的话就没办法这么做了。
Man: Right, and also her other suggestion doesn't seem practical to me.
男:没错,而且我觉得她其他的建议也不现实。
Woman: The card thing?
女:你说卡的事儿?
Man: Yeah, that's not gonna work. What if you want to enter a campus building?
男:对啊,没用的。如果你想进学校大楼怎么办?
Even though you can get into most of the classroom buildings without a card, there are certain buildings on campus where you need to show your card to get in, like the library and dining hall.
虽然大部分教学楼都可以无卡进入,但是校内有些大楼还是需要有卡才能进去的,比如图书馆和食堂。
Woman: Yeah, that's true, so students wouldn't be able to go to any of those places till they got their cards back.
女:对,没错。如果学生们拿不回他们的卡的话,他们就去不了那些地方了。