手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福词汇 > 胡敏读故事记托福短语 > 正文

胡敏读故事记托福短语(MP3+中英字幕) 第65期:公司里的兄弟

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

65.Brother in the Company

65.公司里的兄弟
"So what are you going to do about Jack?"
"你准备对杰克采取什么行动?"
Kelly asked Tom as she was doing her hair in the bathroom.
凯利一边在卫生间整理头发一边问汤姆。
"Well,I guess I'll have to do away with him!"
"嗯,我想我得开掉他!"
Tom replied as he came into the bathroom to do his teeth at the same time.
汤姆问答道,他也进到卫生间准备刷牙。
"He's become quite a nuisance in the office.
"他在办公室已经非常讨人厌。
Always doing his own thing,never doing his best.
他总是按自己的意愿行事,从来都不尽最大的努力。
It's really too bad though, he was doing such a good job in the beginning!"
真是太糟糕了,可开始的时候他却干得那么出色!"

65.jpg

"You mean before he started doing damage to your equipment?"

"你是说在他损坏你的设备之前吗?"
Yeah! That's when it started.
是的!他就是从那个时候开始变的。
I had to relieve him of a couple of his duties and he didn't take the new division of labor well.
我不得不解除他的一些职务,他对新的工作分配有意见。
I just wish I could do more than just fire him," Tom frowned. "He is, after all, my brother!"
我真希望我能做的不仅仅是开除他。"汤姆皱起了眉头。"毕竟他是我的兄弟! "
"I know," Kelly sighed."
"我知道。"凯利叹道。
But you have to do your duty to your company, especially before he does harm to your reputation!
"可你必须对你的公司尽你的本分,尤其是在他损害你的名声之前!
Isn't there some way that you could move him to another position where he doesn't relate to anyone?
没有办法把他调到另外一个职位,让他不跟任何人发生关系?
Or get into any trouble? You know, maybe send him out to do business with outside retailers?"
或者不让他闯祸吗?你知道,也许可以把他派出去让他和外面的零售商做生意? "
"Hey, That's not a bad idea! I could have him do duty for our promotions department!
"嘿,这个主意不错!我可以让他在我们的推广部门做事!
Then he could work out on the road where he would have to rise or fall on his own!
那样的话他 就可以在路上工作了,是升是降就完全靠他自己啦!
If he would want to succeed he would have to do it himself! Great, that's what I'll do!
如果他想成功,他就得亲力亲为!太好了,就这么办!
I think I can even make it seem like a move up for him!"
我想我甚至还可以让他觉得好像是高升了!"
Tom leaned over and gave his wife a kiss.
汤姆靠过去给了妻子一个吻。
"Thanks honey, you're the best!"
"谢谢你,亲爱的,你是最棒的! "

重点单词   查看全部解释    
escape [is'keip]

想一想再看

v. 逃跑,逃脱,避开
n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃

 
relieve [ri'li:v]

想一想再看

v. 减轻,救济,解除

联想记忆
reputation [.repju'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 声誉,好名声

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。