105.Last Minute Errand
105.紧急任务
"Oh what are you groaning about?
"你在抱怨什么呢?
I wrote all of the graduation announcements and organized the whole graduation party.
这些毕业请柬都是我写的,整个毕业晚会也是我组织的。
All you have to do is go to the grocery store at the last minute to pick up some drinks." Marge said to her husband, Bill.
你要做的事只是在最后一分钟去杂货店弄一些饮料来。"玛吉对丈夫比尔说。
Bill decided to grin and bear it. "All right, all right! Just give me the grocery list and I'll go!"
比尔决定苦笑忍受算了。"行啦,行啦!把购物单给我,我这就去!"
Marge handed the list to Bill and greased his palms with some money.
玛吉把清单给了比尔,往他手里塞了些钱。
"But hurry up with the grocery shopping! We can't be late to the graduation ceremony.
"可你得快点买这些食品!这个毕业典礼我们可不能迟到。
It's being held in the grand auditorium at 2:00!"
下午两点就要在大礼堂举行了!"
At the store Bill bumped into Jack in the greeting card section.
在杂货店比尔在贺卡区碰到了杰克。
Even though their kids were the same age and had grown up together, Jack's daughter was not graduating.
虽然他们的孩子同龄而且是一起长大的,杰克的女儿还没有毕业。
She had failed her final exams.
她没有通过期末考试。
"Oh hi, Jack!" Bill said uncomfortably.
"嗨,杰克!"比尔不安地打着招呼。
"Hi Bill," Jack said. "How's the graduation going?"
"嗨,比尔!"杰克说。"毕业的事进行得怎么样了?"
"Too much to do in too little time!"
"时间太紧而事情太多! "
"Well. I'll be there next year!" Jack replied with a face that showed he was green with envy.
"是啊,明年我也会赶上的!"杰克回答道,脸上流露出十分羡慕的表情。
"I hope my daughter will grow out of her rebelliousness to pass those tests next time!"
"我希望我女儿将长大懂事,下次考试能顺利通过!"
"Yeah. We all hope so! See ya later!" Bill said as be left.
是的,我们都希望如此!回头见!"比尔说着离开了。
Back at home Bill told Marge about seeing Jack.
回到家比尔把看到杰克的事跟玛吉说了。
"Yeah it was awful, Bill said.
是挺难为情的,比尔说。
"Jack was clearly depressed. Normally he's so jolly he's like a big grizzly bear.
"杰克明显有些沮丧。平常他总是乐呵呵的, 像只大灰熊。
I hope for his sake that his daughter passes next year!"
真希望看在他的份上,他女儿下次考试能通过!"
"Me too. Oh, look at the time. We're going to be late. Hurry!"
"我也希望是这样。啊,看这时间。我们要迟到了。快点!"