155.Moving
155.搬家
"Okay, okay. Name the day and we'll move off the campus!"
"行啦,行啦。确定一个日期,我们就搬出校园!"
Kelly groaned as she put her mystery novel down on the table.
凯利一边哼哼一边把她的侦探小说放在桌上。
"But you know that this dormitory is named after my father. They'll be hurt that I'm moving away!"
"可是你们知道这个宿舍是以我父亲命名的。我搬出去他们会伤心的!"
"My goodness. You've got to nail colors to mast! Declare your independence! They'll get over it!
"我的天!你得坚持!宣布独立吧!他们会没事的!
Think of all the parties we can finally have in our own place!" Jenny replied.
想想那些舞会吧,那些我们终于能在自己的地方举办的舞会!"詹妮回答说。
"And all the work!" Kelly added.
"还有所有的工作!"凯利补充道。
"I moved away from home to not have to wash dishes, vacuum, and wash windows anymore, you know!"
"我从家里搬出去,这样就不用洗碗、吸尘、擦窗户了,你知道吗?"
"You had to do chores at home?" Jenny asked in surprise.
"你得在家干家务活儿呀?"詹妮吃惊地问。
"I thought you were so rich. Didn't you have a maid?"
"我想你们家那么有钱。你们家没有佣人吗?"
"Yeah, but my parents were much less interested in having her do everything,
"有的,可我父母对让她包揽所有的活儿不那么感兴趣,
than in teaching me the value of hard work!
他们对教我树立劳动观念更感兴趣!
Now if we move out of the dorm, I'll have to do all of that work again!"
如果我们现在搬出宿舍,我又得干所有的活儿了!"
"Oh, Kelly! C'mon! We'll do it all together! I even have a place nailed down!
"啊,凯利,放心吧!我们会一起做的!我甚至确定了一个地方!
It's not much to look at with the naked eye, but it's great on the inside!"
它的外表用肉眼看并不起眼,可里面棒极了!"
"Alright?" Kelly sighed. "Move along. Let's start packing!
"好吧,"凯利叹道。"别停留,我们开始打点行李吧!"
"Great! And don't worry! You'll see!
"太棒啦!別担心。你会看到的。
We're moving on to bigger and better things, where we can move around and do whatever we want!
我们换的是更大更好的地方,在那里我们可以走来走去,想做什么就做什么!
And once we move into the place we can have our first party with all the cute boys we know!"
一搬进去我们就可以开第一个舞会,把我们认识的帅哥都请来!"
"Okay. Name names and I'll start moving faster …" Kelly said with a smile.
"好。说出他们的名字,我会动作更快一些……"凯利笑着说。