159.Thinking Back
159.回忆往事
Every now and then I think back to my childhood!
我时不时会回想起我的童年!
It was nothing of the kind that you write a book about.
我的童年故事不是可以大书特书的那种。
It was not that exciting, just the normal, common place childhood noted for playing on the streets, fighting with bullies, and skipping school!
因为它没有那么激动人心,只是那正常、普通的童年,最有名的事就是在街上玩、打群架、逃学!
But it was my childhood and, to me, it was nothing short of stupendous!
但那是我的童年,对我来说,它同样是那么了不起!
I wished I could go back and do it all over again!
我希望能时光倒流,重新体验一下我的童年!
I would not necessarily change anything, but maybe I would!
我不一定会做任何改变,但是也许我会!
I know I would still not to have a dog's chance of dating pretty Minnie Myers!
我知道我还是可能没有机会和漂亮的明妮·迈尔斯约会!
She would not think much of me no matter how much I tried!
不管我怎么试,她都不会对我有很高的评价!
I would have to have changed into nothing less than a football star for her to notice me!
我得差不多变成足球明星才有可能让她注意到我!
No! I wouldn't do anything different for her!
不!我才不会刻意为她改变自己呢!
But maybe I would have been different to Ursula Choin!
但我可能会对厄休拉·舒安不一样!
She was also nothing more than an average girl,but I think that she secretly loved me!
她也完全是个普通女孩,但我认为她暗恋着我!
And now that I know how important that could have been, I might have talked to her some more!
既然我知道那可能有多重要,我也许会跟她多做些交谈!
When she loved me I was a wild child who could not sit still for a minute!
她爱我的时候,我还是个不能安安静静呆一分钟、无法无天的小孩!
I got in trouble, had bad grades, and terrible clothes, not to mention horrible body odor! I was a boy and not yet a man!
我惹事生非, 成绩不好,穿得破破烂烂,更别提身上有股难闻的味儿!我是个小男孩,还没有长大。
But if I would have paid attention to her, I think there would have been nothing to it-we would have been boyfriend and girlfriend.
但如果我注意过她,我想可能会不费什么事——我们可能成了男朋友和女朋友。
And so I think of how it might have been! Oh, well, I'll never know!
所以我常想结果可能会怎样!不过话说回来,我永远也不会知道!