I cold-call a lot of customers, you know, just call up potential clients to try to make sales.
我经常给陌生人打推销电话,他们都是潜在客户。
Mainly when I cold-call somebody I try to set up an appointment, nobody's going to buy your product or service over the phone, you know?
通常我打推销电话主要是想和对方预约见面,单单通过电话你不可能说服别人买你的产品。
The key for me is to make sure I do some research beforehand, and try to add a personalized twist.
我的一个技巧就是事前做一些调查,然后再加入一些自己的东西。
Like I'll try to have some background on the company.
比如我会对一个公司做背景调查。
Ideally, I try to find any recent news they may have generated, that works really well as a conversation starter.
理想情况下,我会去找这些公司最新的相关新闻,这通常是很好的话引子。
If I can't find something on the company, I'll try to find something on the company's industry.
如果我找不到公司的相关信息,我回去找一些它所在行业的消息。
A lot of times, I'll make them aware of an article they might be interested in.
多数情况下,我能够让他们对我找到的文章产生兴趣。
If they haven't seen the article, I offer to bring it by their office, and while I'm there, tell them about our services.
如果他们没有看过我的文章,我会带去他们办公室。去了之后我会给她们介绍我们的服务。
At any rate, the cold-call gets my foot in the door, which is all I can really hope for.
无论如何,推销电话能够帮我敲开客户的大门,这对我来说就足够了。
74.What is the speaker mainly talking about?
74.说话人主要说了什么?
75.What does the speaker advise doing?
75.说话人建议做什么?
76.What strategy does the speaker recommend?
76.说话人推荐了什么策略?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习和交流使用,未经允许不得转载