我只是想确认她加入党卫军是否出于自愿。
ascertain: 确认,确定
I ascertain that he was murdered.
我确定他是被谋杀的。
I ascertained the disease to be diphtheria.
我确定该病为白喉。
I'm going to ascertain the truth.
我要查明真相。
► Hanna: I was working at Siemens when I heard the SS was recruiting.
我在西门子工作时,听说党卫军在招人。
recruit: 招募,征兵,招聘
We are having difficulties in recruiting well-qualified staff.
我们难以招募到素质好的职员。
His job was to recruit for the army.
他的工作是为陆军募兵。
We lower the standards in order to recruit real talents.
我们降低标准是为了招纳真正的人才。
► I started out believing in this trial. I thought it was great.
我一开始还相信这将是场伟大的审判。
Now, I think it's... it's just a diversion.
现在,我觉得这只不过是在转移视线。
-Rohl: Yes? Diversion from what?
是吗?从哪里转移视线?
diversion: 注意力(从工作、关心的事物等处的)分散
A smoke bomb created a diversion while the robbery took place.
劫案发生时,一枚烟雾弹转移了人们的视线。
One of the gang created a diversion in the street while the others robbed the bank.
一名匪徒在街上制造事端引人注目,其余匪徒则抢劫银行。
► You'd be charged, you might even be executed?
你们会受到惩罚,甚至处决?
execute: 处决
The general gave the word to execute the deserters.
将军下令处决逃兵。
► Lawyer: I don't see how that's appropriate.
我认为这不合适。
appropriate: 合适的
You will be informed of the details at the appropriate time.
在适当的时候将把详情告诉你。
Plain, simple clothes are appropriate for school wear.
简单朴素的衣服适合在学校里穿。