-Raj: Excuse me. Oh, it's my assistant, Trevor.
抱歉。是我的助理Trevor打来的。
Go for Koothrappali.
我是Koothrappali。
-Wolowitz: They gave him an assistant. If I want a new pen, I have to go to the bank with wire cutters.
还给他配个助理?我想要根笔,还得拿着钳子去银行。(就是银行办理业务的柜台那里,那种供客户签字用的笔不是用线系在柜台上的么?这里是说偷笔的时候拿钳子把线剪断)
-Sheldon: Have we at this point met our social obligations?
咱们已经尽到所有该尽的社会责任了吧?
-Leonard: Not yet.
还没。
-Raj: ......
All righty? Koothrappali out. God bless that boy. I don't know what I'd do without him
.
哦了么,我挂了。上帝保佑那孩子。没有他我非忙死不可。
-Leonard: You just got him this afternoon.
你今天下午才有的助理啊。
-Raj: Yes, but I'm finding that having a lackey suits me.
没错,但我觉得我是得有个仆人。
-Leonard: A lackey?
仆人?
-Raj: Oh, I'm sorry. Is that politically incorrect?
不好意思,是不是法律不允许这么叫啊?
In India, we just call them untouchables.
在印度,我们称其为贱民。
-Sheldon: Now?
现在吗?
-Leonard: Almost.
快了。
-Raj: Speaking of untouchables, I've got great news for you guys.
说到贱民,我给你们带来了好消息。
People magazine is having a reception this Saturday.
这周六《人物》杂志要举行个招待会。
And I managed to get you invited.
我设法让你们也被邀请了。
-Wolowitz: Oh, gee, thanks.
切,谢了。
-Raj: Oh, you're welcome.Of course, I couldn't get you into the VIP section.Because, you know, that's for VIPs. And you guys are just, you know... P's.
不客气。当然我没法让你们去贵宾席,因为那是设给“贵宾”的。你们只是“宾”。
-Sheldon: There's a tribe in Papua New Guinea, where, when a hunter flaunts his success to the rest of the village, they kill him and drive away evil spirits with a drum made of his skin.
在巴布亚新几内亚有一个部落,当一个猎人向其他部民炫耀他的战利品时,他们宰了他,并敲打他的皮做的鼓,以驱逐他邪恶的灵魂。
Superstitious nonsense, of course, but one can see their point.
当然是迷信而无道理的,但某人可以明白他们的用意。
adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会