剧情简介
曾经风光无限的企业家沃尔特·布莱克(梅尔·吉布森饰)在经历了让他痛苦欲绝的金融风暴之后濒临破产,意志越来越消沉的他还患上了抑郁症,纵使妻儿一直对他不离不弃,但他自己早已放弃了自己,在他对自己的家人动粗之后,他被心灰意冷的家人拒之门外,流浪街头。在垃圾箱旁边喝得烂醉沃尔特准备草草结束自己的生命,但这个时候,一只自称是海狸的布偶出现了,沃尔特借着醉意和海狸打起了招呼,这只布偶甚至还让他放弃了轻生的念头。
随后,沃尔特在海狸的帮助下重新开始审视自己的生活,妻子梅瑞迪斯(朱迪·福斯特饰)和儿子珀特(安东·尤金饰)也开始接受了振作的沃尔特,而海狸更让沃尔特的公司起死回生,可是海狸的真实身份究竟是什么?沃尔特真的重新振作了吗
I'm sorry. I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to address you.
不好意思,我不是很确定该怎么称呼你
Well, you're doing fine, love.
你做的很好,亲爱的
Well, tools were always on your Christmas list,
你的圣诞清单上总是列有各种工具
but I had no idea that you knew how to actually make anything.
但是我不知道原来你真会做玩具
He's a beaver, Mom. That's what they do.
他是海狸,妈妈,他们都会
Yeah. Spot on, mate.
是的,完全正确,伙计
But, you know, Walter wasn't half-bad himself, at one time.
但是,沃尔特以前就很不错
Yeah? Who taught him
是吗?谁教他?
I suppose he taught himself.
我想他是自学的
He was about your age, yeah. Cub Scouts.
大概像你这么大的时候,参加童子军
He and his pop were supposed to make a racecar for a contest.
他和爸爸要做一辆赛车参加比赛
Except, his pop weren't around
但是,他爸爸没在
so he had to do it himself.
所以他得自己来
Where was his dad?
他爸爸在哪?
He got very sad and he had an accident.
他当时很伤心,然后就出了意外