背景介绍:
Howard钓到一个美女,偷偷带她到“火星探测者”飞船操控室。但飞船被卡在了沟里,惹下大麻烦,Howard只好找来三个好朋友帮忙。
-Howard:I need you and Raj to help me get the Rover out of the ditch
我要你和Raj帮我把火星探测器从沟里拖出来,
and I need you to get Stephanie out before somebody notices she's here.
你呢,在别人发现之前把Stephanie从这带走。
She doesn't exactly have clearance.
她进来都没开证明。
-Sheldon:Really? They don't let strange women from honky-tonks
真的吗? 这儿不许泡廉价酒馆的女人进来,
come in and play with $200 million government projects on distant planets?
拿遥远星球上价值2亿的政府装备当玩具玩?
-Howard:Yes, I was bad.
好吧,我错了。
......
-Howard:My mother is so gonna love her.
我老妈肯定会爱死她的。
-Sheldon:How nice. Maybe they can carpool when they visit you in federal prison.
多好啊,也许她俩会一起搭车去联邦监狱探视你。
Sheldon的本性啊,他的天才头脑总能用来挖苦别人,还一副无辜的样子。
......
-Howard:Hang on. There's got to be other options.
等等,总归有别的办法吧。
-Raj:You could try calling Triple-A.
你可以试试给美国汽车协会打电话。(让他们帮你把探测器拖出来)
But based on NASA's latest timetable, they won't get there for 35 years.
不过根据航空航天局最近的日程安排,他们35年后才能到那儿。
-Sheldon:Plus I understand you have to be standing next to the vehicle with your card when they arrive.
而且就算到了,你也必须在现场,带着你的会员卡。
这帮损友,在这么危急的关头还不忘拿Howard开涮。
注释:
NASA:美国国家航空和宇宙航行局
Triple-A “三个A”,即“American Automobile Association美国汽车协会”