Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.
但女孩偶尔总是会坠入爱河的
It gives her something to think of
让她有点东西可想
and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.
并让她与同伴有所不同
I'm sure that will cheer her up, Papa. - It's your turn now, Lizzie.
我相信这会让她开心,爸爸 - 现在轮到妳了,伊莉莎白
You've turned down Collins.
妳拒绝了柯林斯
You're free to go off and be jilted yourself.
妳可以自由地恋爱或被抛弃
What about Mr Wickham?
维克先生如何?
He's a pleasant fellow and he'd do the job credibly.
他令人愉悦且认真工作
Father... - And you have an affectionate mother
爸爸… - 妳还有个亲爱的母亲?
who would make the most of it.
会善加利用这点
Charlotte! - My dear Lizzie.
夏绿蒂 - 我亲爱的伊莉莎白
I've come her to tell you the news. Mr Collins and I are... engaged.
我要告诉妳一件事 柯林斯先生和我…订婚了
Engaged? - Yes.
订婚? - 是的
To be married? - What other kind of engaged is there?
要结婚? - 当然,不然还有哪种订婚?
For heaven's sake, Lizzie, don't look at me like that.
看在老天份上,伊莉莎白 别那样看我
I should be as happy with him as any other.
我跟他应该会很快乐的
But he's ridiculous. - Oh, hush.
但他很可笑 - 别太苛刻
Not all of us can afford to be romantic.
不是所有人都能享受浪漫
I've been offered a comfortable home and protection.
他提供我舒适的家和保护
There's a lot to be thankful for.
我已经充满感激了
I'm 27 years old. I've no money and no prospects.
我已经27岁 我没钱也没未来
I'm already a burden to my parents.
我已经是我父母的负担
And I'm frightened.
而且我很害怕