1. get something out of my head:忘记脑海中的事情,摆脱脑海中的事情
Eg. I wish I would get the picture of that awful accident out of my head
我希望能忘却那场可怕的意外事故的情景。
Eg. I'd get that idea out of my head, if I were you.
要是我是你的话,我就不打这个注意。
Eg. I couldn't get his words out of my head.
这句话总是萦绕在我脑海里。
2. a bunch of:很多
Eg. His friends are just a bunch of hooligans.
他的朋友们只是一群流氓。
Eg. He cut off a bunch of grapes to entertain us.
他剪下一串葡萄招待我们。
3. nothing but:只有,只不过
Eg. He did nothing but complain.
他除了抱怨以外,什么也没做。
Eg. He has nothing but money on his mind.
他思想上除了钱外没有别的。
4. what if:如果......将会怎么样
Eg. What if you were to run out of money? What would you do?
假设你的钱用完了呢?你将怎么办呢?
Eg. What if the rumor is true?
万一谣传真有其事呢?
5. a series of :一系列,一连串
Eg. We shall take a series of measures to stop air pollution.
我们将采取一系列措施制止空气污染。
Eg. Relations between us have become frayed through a series of misunderstandings.
我们之间产生了一连串的误解, 因而关系紧张了。
6. take back:收回
Eg. If you don't take back what you said about me, I'm going to knock your block off.
要是你不把谈论我的话收回,我就要狠狠揍你。
Eg. John told us to take back what we had said about his wife being unfaithful.
约翰要我们把说出他太太不忠实的言论收回。