DANIELLE: Why can't we ever have normal soup?
我们为什么不能喝普通一点的汤?
BREE: Danielle, there is nothing abnormal about basil puree.
Danielle,罗勒汤没什么不正常的啊。
DANIELLE: Just once, can we have a soup that people have heard of? Like, french onion or navy bean.
只要一次就好,难到我们不能喝点大家都知道的汤?就像法国洋葱或者是菜豆?
BREE: First of all, your father can't eat onions, he's deadly allergic. And I won't even dignify your navy bean suggestion. So. How's the osso bucco?
你们的父亲不能吃洋葱,他对这个极度过敏。还有,你那个关于菜豆的建议我是不会考虑的。那么……炖小牛胫怎么样?
ANDREW: It's OK.
可以。
BREE: It's OK? Andrew, I spent 3 hours cooking this meal. How do you think it makes me feel when you say it's OK, in that sullen tone?
可以?Andrew,我花了3个小时准备晚餐。你觉得如果我听到有人用那种闷闷的口气跟我说“可以”我是什么感觉?
ANDREW: Who asked you to spend 3 hours on dinner?
没人让你花3个小时做晚餐?
BREE: Excuse me?
什么?
ANDREW: Tim Harper's mom gets home from work, pops open a can of pork and beans, and boom, they're eating, everyone's happy.
Tim Harper的妈妈下班后才回家,开一罐猪肉大豆罐头,他们就这么吃,每个人都吃得很开心。
BREE: You'd rather I serve pork and beans?
你情愿我给你们做大豆或是猪肉?
DANIELLE: Apologize now, I am begging.
现在给我道歉。
ANDREW: I'm just saying, do you always have to serve cuisine? Can't we ever just have food?
我是说,你干嘛总要弄这些来显示你的厨艺呢?难道我们不能就是吃饭而已?
BREE: Are you doing drugs?
你磕药了么?
ANDREW: What!?
什么?
BREE: Change in behaviour is one of the warning signs, and you have been as fresh as paint for the last 6 months. That certainly would explain why you're always locked in the bathroom.
怪异的行为是一种信号,之前半年都很正常。这个就是你总是把自己关在浴室里的原因么。
DANIELLE: Trust me, that is not what he is doing
相信我,他绝对没有那么做。
ANDREW: Shut up. Mom, I'm not the one with the problem here, alright? You're the one always acting like she's running for mayor of Stepford.
闭嘴。妈妈,这儿有问题的人不是我,明白么?你总是搞得好像你要去竞选Stepford市市长一样。
BREE: Rex. Seeing as you're the head of this household, I would really appreciate you saying something.
Rex... 你是一家之主,你不应该说点什么么?
REX: Pass the salt?
把盐给我?
NARRATOR: Three days after my funeral, Lynette replaced her grief with a much more useful emotion indignation.
葬礼后的3天,Lynette调试了自己的心情,不再悲痛,而是愤怒。
LYNETTE: Tom, this is my 5th message and you still haven't called me back. Well, you must be having a lot of fun on your business trip. I can only imagine. Well, guess what, the kids and I wanna have some fun too, so unless you call me back by noon, we are getting on a plane and joining you.
Tom,这是我的第五通留言了,你还不给我回话。我相信你在外面一定玩得很开心吧。我可以想象。猜猜看……我和孩子们也要出去玩玩。除非你中午之前给我回电话,我们正在飞机上,马上就加入你们。
PRESTON: Mom!
妈妈!
LYNETTE: Not now, honey, Mommy's threatening Daddy.
等等,宝贝,我正在威胁你爸爸。
PRESTON: Mom!
妈妈。
LYNETTE: No, I am not... Where're your brothers?
不,我……你兄弟呢?
PORTER: Noodles, my favourite!
面条,我的最爱。
SHOPPER: Lynette Scavo?
Lynette Scavo?
LYNETTE: Crap. Natalie Klein, I don't believe it!
废话。Natalie Klein. 真不敢相信。
SHOPPER: Lynette! How long has it been?
Lynette. 我们多久没见了?