Susan. Long time no see.
Susan,好久不见了。
Mrs. Greenberg. Do you remember those two eggs I let you borrow last Christmas?
Greenberg夫人,你还记得上个圣诞节我借给你的两个鸡蛋吗?
I need those back.
我要你还给我。
Well gosh, honey, I’m fresh out, but if you want, I could run to the store.
哦,天啊,我忘了。如果你想要的话我现在就去超市买。
"Oh, forget about it, it’s not that important,
算了吧,这也没什么
but since I’m here, do you still have that old hatchback sitting in your garage?
但是既然我来了,你的车库里的那辆旧车还在吗?
Can I borrow it tomorrow?
明天我能借来用用吗?
You want to borrow my car?
你想借我的车吗?
Just for a couple of hours.
就借几个小时。
Well, I’m not sure. Do you know how to drive a stick?
我不敢肯定是否能借给你,你会开车吗?
Yes, I think so. I learned in college. It’s like riding a bike, right?
我想会,我上大学的时候学过,就像骑自行车一样对吗?
I’m not sure, dear.
亲爱的,我不敢借给你。
It’s not big deal. It’s just for a couple of hours.
没什么大问题,我就借几个小时。
I let you borrow my eggs for a whole year.
我把鸡蛋借给你整整一年。