When I was alive, my friends and I came together once a month for a meeting of the Wisteria Lane Book Club.
我活着的时候,我和我的朋友每月聚会一次,这是Stere Alan的读书俱乐部。
We found the problems of literary characters so absorbing...
我们发现文学人物的问题如此吸引人。
the way they dealt with adversity... ...conducted illicit affairs...
她们如何面对困境…如何处理非法恋情...
endured domestic dramas... ...and planned romantic conquests.
忍受家庭内部矛盾…策划浪漫的追求方式。
But since my death, my friends had lost their interest in fiction.
我死后,我的朋友们对小说失去了兴趣。
So, what did everybody think?
你们觉得怎么样?
Their own problems had become absorbing enough.
他们自己的问题已经够吸引人了。
I thought the character of Madame Bovary was ... very inspirational.
这个人物形象很鼓舞人心。
Inspirational? She poisons herself with arsenic.
鼓舞人心?她服砒霜自尽。
Really?
真的?
You didn't read until the end?
你没有读完?
I stopped after page 50.
我读到50页。
Am I the only one who read the book?
我是唯一读完这本书的人?
I saw the movie. It was really good.
我看了电影,非常棒。
Ladies! I'm sorry, but what is the point of having a book club if we don't read the book?
女士们, 对不起, 但是…如果我们都不读书,那要一个读书俱乐部干什么?
More wine? So, uh, Reba, Emma and Laurie. Why don't you girls come to the kitchen and help me with the snacks?
再来点酒?那么, 哦, Reba, Emma和 Laurie,你们能到厨房帮我点忙吗?
Sure. I will be right in.
当然可以,我马上就过来。