Penny:What? Your... Your mother's coming? When?
什么?你……你妈要来?什么时候?
Leonard:Tomorrow.
明天。
Penny:When were you going to tell me?
你想到什么时候再告诉我?
Leonard:Um... tomorrow?
呃... 明天?
Penny:Why were you keeping this a secret?
为什么瞒着我?
Leonard: Well, I just... I thought...
嗯,我只是……觉得……
Sheldon:If I can interject here, obviously Leonard is concerned that his mother won't approve of you as his mate.
容我插上一句,Leonard显然是担心 他母亲不赞成你做他的配偶
Penny:Why wouldn't she approve of me? I'm adorable.
为什么不赞成?我很可爱啊
Leonard:You are, it's just...
你是很可爱只是...
Sheldon: If I can interject again. Leonard comes from a remarkably highachieving family, who have all chosen highachieving partners. He probably feels that it's doubtful that his mother will be overly impressed with his dating a woman whose most significant achievement is memorizing the Cheesecake Factory menu.
就是熟记奶酪蛋糕工厂菜单容我再插上一句Leonard出身名门他们挑选的配偶也都是成就极高的他可能有点怀疑他母亲会不会感到过度惊讶如果知道跟他交往的女人最显著的成就
Penny:Hey, it's a big menu.There's two pages just for desserts.
喂,那个菜单很大的好吧光甜点就有两页。
Leonard:I know. And those specials... They change every day.
我知道而且特餐……每天都换的。
Penny:Okay, you know what? It's lame when I say it. It's just ridiculous when you pile on.
我这样说,只是没说服力。但你再添油加醋就显得可笑了
Leonard:Okay. Sorry.
好吧。对不起。
Penny:So what did she say when you told her we were going out?
你告诉她我们拍拖时她怎么说的?
Leonard:Um...
呃……
Penny:You didn't tell her we were going out, did you?
你没告诉她我们在拍拖?
Leonard:Um...
呃……
Penny: Why not?
为什么不说?
Leonard:Um...
呃……
Sheldon:Leonard... I'm no expert on meditation, but if you're trying to calm yourself down,I believe the word is "Om."
我不是冥想默念(注:一种使人平静下来的心理疗法)这方面的专家Leonard……但你如果想要冷静下来我觉得正确的词是"唵"。