Leonard: We're going to Switzerland to see the CERN supercollider! And ski. We'll also go skiing.
我们要去瑞士参观欧洲粒子物理研究所的超级对撞机!还有滑雪。我们还可以滑雪。
Penny: We're going skiing in Switzerland?!
我们要去瑞士滑雪?!
Leonard: Well, you'll ski, I'll fall, but, yeah...We will be in Switzerland for Valentine's Day.
哦,你滑,我摔,但是,是的...我们要在瑞士过情人节。
Penny: Oh, my God, Leonard! That's incredible!
哦,天呐,Leonard!太不可思议了!
Sheldon: Not so fast. You might want to hold off on lighting your Rabeliechtli, Penny.
别高兴那么早。先别急着点你的“萝卜灯笼”,Penny。
Penny: Rabewhatly?
什么“罗布灯笼”来着?
Sheldon: Rabeliechtli. It means turnip light and refer to a traditional lantern handcarved, from a root get able and used to celebrate certain Swiss festivals. Which you will not be celebrating, Because A: these festivals occur in the fall; and B: you will not be going to Switzerland.
萝卜灯笼。也就是萝卜做的灯笼,在瑞士的一些特定节日到来时,用根茎雕刻制成的传统手工灯笼。而这种节日你是庆祝不了的,原因一:这些节日通常是在秋天;原因二:你压根去不成瑞士。
Leonard: Sheldon, we've been through this. I'm taking Penny.
我们已经定好了。Sheldon,我要带Penny去。
Sheldon: Afraid not. Do you recognize this?
恐怕不行。认出这些东西了吗?
Leonard: Not the roommate agreement.
不会是室友约定吧。
Sheldon: Indeed, the roommate agreement. I call your attention to the Friendship Rider, in Appendix C: Future Commitments. Number 37: in the event one friends ever invited to visit the Large Hadron Collider, he shall invite the other friend to accompany him.
确实,就是室友约定。请注意“友谊骑士条款”,附录 C: “未来的承诺”。第37条: 当好友一方被邀请参观大型强子对撞机时,他应当邀请另一方与他一同前往。
Leonard: Oh, for God's sakes.
哦,看在上帝的份上。
Penny: You actually put that in an agreement?
你居然把这些写进约定里?
Leonard: Yeah. We also put in what happens if one of us wins a MacArthur Grant, or if one of us gets superpowers, or if one of us is bitten by a zombie.
是啊。我们还约定如果我们当中有人获得“麦克阿瑟天才奖”,或者有人获得超能力,还有如果有人被僵尸咬到...
Sheldon: He can't kill me, even if I turn.
即使我变成僵尸,他也不能杀了我。
Penny: Is there anything in there about if one of you gets a girlfriend?
有没有关于如果你们谁如果交到女朋友后的约定?
Sheldon: No, that seemed a little farfetched.
没有,那个有点不太现实。
Leonard: Sheldon, do you really expect to enforce this?
你真以为这些条款是要执行的吗,Sheldon?
Sheldon: I've lived up to all my commitments under the agreement. At least once a day I ask how you are, even through which simply I don't care. I no longer stage spontaneous biohazard drills after 10:00 p.m. And I abandoned my goal to master Tuvan throat singing.
我可是完全履行约定上的所有条款了。每天我至少问候你一次虽然我一点也不在乎。晚上10点之后连为应对生化危机的演练我也不做了...本来我是做一名“呼麦”大师但我放弃了。(注: 源于图瓦族用喉咙歌唱的技能)
Penny: Okay, I know I shouldn't ask, but what is...?
好吧,我知道不该问,但那到底是... ?
Sheldon: I'd be much further along if I been allow practiced.
允许练习的话我能持续更久些呢。
Leonard: Look, Sheldon, I know it's in the agreement, and if you turn into a zombie, I promise I will not kill you. In fact, I'll even let you eat my brains. But I am taking Penny to Switzerland.
听着,Sheldon,我知道协议里是这样写的,如果你变成僵尸,我保证绝不杀你。事实上,我不但不杀你还甘愿让你吸干我的脑子。但我要带去瑞士的人肯定是Penny。
Sheldon: Is that your final decision?
你不打算改变主意了?
Leonard: It is.
不改了。
Sheldon: Very well.
非常好。
Penny: It's not over, is it?
没这么容易搞定吧?
Leonard: What do you think?
你觉得呢?