Most mothers will tell you their children are a gift from god.
大多数妈妈会告诉你,她们的孩子是上帝恩赐的礼物。
Most mothers would also tell you that the gifts their children give them are less than heavenly.
大多数妈妈也会告诉你,她们的孩子给她们的礼物,并不是那么的美好。
Lynette had suffered through art work made in kindergarten... ...spice racks made in summer camp... ...and jewelry made at the scout jamboree.
LYNETTE忍受着他的孩子们,在幼儿园里画的画……在夏令营里做的调味品架……在童子军少年团体大会里做的珠宝。
But this day, Lynette Scavo received a gift every mother dreams of.
但在这一天,LYNETTE SCAVO收到了一份。每一个妈妈梦寐以求的……
One she wasn't embarrassed to display.
不会令她羞于展示的礼物。
Where did you guys get this pot?
你们从哪儿弄来的这个花盆啊?
We made it!
我们做的。
Really? I love it.
真的?我太喜欢了!
Well this is the nicest present you boys had ever given me, and you know what?
这是你们给我的礼物里最好的一个。知道么?
I’m gonna put it out on the front porch so the whole neighborhood can enjoy it .
我要把这个放在前门的门廊,这样所有的邻居们都能分享我的快乐。
Lynette knew she would cherish the memory of that moment for the rest of her life.
LYNETTE知道,在她有生之年,她都会将那一刻的记忆铭记于心。
The memory of that moment was ruined the very next day.
然而那一份记忆在第二天就破灭了。
Mrs. McCluskey, why are you taking my flower pot?
McCluskey夫人,你为什么拿走我的花盆?
Because it’s mine. Your boys stole it off of my porch.
因为那是我的,你的儿子们把它从我的门庭偷走了。
No, no, no. My sons made that for me for Valentine's Day.
不,不,不。这是我儿子为情人节给我做的。
I bought this in Costa Rica on my last cruise. You see?
这是我上次去哥斯达黎加玩的时候买的。看到吗?
Still got the price tag on it.
价格标记还在上面呢。
Look. What?
看。怎么?
Nothing more to say?
说不出话来了?
Cat got your tongue?
猫咬到你舌头了?
You listen to me.
听着。
Keep your brats off my property.
让你家的小鬼离我的东西远点儿。
Yes, most mothers will tell you their children are a gift from God.
是的,大多数妈妈会告诉你,她们的孩子是上帝恩赐的礼物。
Most mothers will also tell you there are some days when you wish you could return them.
大多数妈妈也会告诉你,有时候,你会希望能把他们退回去。