Very good, dear. Very nice. Yes.
写得好,亲爱的。是的,非常好。
You might be a bit late for the post.
可是现在才寄是不是晚了点。
First class might just get there.
第一班车可能刚刚到。
You know what the post is like these days.
你也知道最近邮政服务很差。
But I must do this list.
可是我必须按照这个清单做。
"Dustbin, calendar, books, games, paper, pencils, shovel, spade, crowbar, axe, hatchet,
“垃圾箱,日历,书,游戏,纸,铅笔,铁锹,铁棍,大斧头,轻便斧,
saw, whistle and/or gong for alarms,
锯子,口哨或者警钟,
suitcases for furniture or evacuation,
撤离时可以用的箱子,
string, pliers...
线,钳子...
...first-aid kits, safety pins, scissors, flints, aspirins, diarrhoea remedy,
...急救箱,安全别针,剪刀,打火石,阿司匹林,止泻药,
tweezers, calamine lotion, war crisis editions, lice-flea powder,
镊子,外用药水,袖珍版战争危机手册,跳蚤粉,
rodent poison, insulin, blood-pressure tablets,
毒剂,胰岛素,血压药,
rubber gloves, sanitary towels, mirror, toilet paper, eyewash.
" 橡胶手套,清洁毛巾,镜子,厕纸,眼药水。”
I wonder if it's true about the paper bags.
我想知道真的需要纸袋吗,
I never know if it's just a joke or not.
我从来搞不清楚这是笑话还是认真的。
Or is it a joke?
还是只是个笑话?
What's that, dear?
那是什么,亲爱的?
Well, they say you should get into a paper bag just before the bomb goes off.
噢,据说你应该在炸弹爆炸前躲进纸袋里。
Whatever for?
这有什么用?
I suppose it's like the white paint. It er... deflects the heat a bit.
我想跟涂白漆是一样的效果吧。呃...使辐射偏向别的地方。
Sounds silly to me. - There are some paper bags.
听起来真傻啊。 这儿有些纸袋。