Not quite the education my father had in mind.
不是父亲教的都要记在脑子里
Why do you always go?
你为什么总要走?
For sleeping dictionary, it is proper.
对睡觉的字典来说,这是应该的
if a man and a woman wake up together five nights in a row,
如果男人和女人在一起睡觉同时起床五次
For the Iban,
对依班人来说
they are engaged.
就说明他们订婚了
You don’t want that, do you?
你不希望那样,是吗?
Cecilia’s got a degree in anthropology, you know?
你知道吗? 赛希尔获得了人类学学位
She did her thesis on the Iban.
她的论文是关于依班人的
Really? Mmm.
真的? 对
Why did you choose the Iban to study?
你为什么选择研究依班人?
I lived here until I was five.
我在这一直住到5岁
Till Mother and Father couldn’t stand me any longer
直到父母再也受不了我了
and shipped me off to school.
就把我送上船去上学了
But I always remembered them.
但我会一直记得他们的
The way you’d never see them arrive,
你从不会注意他们的来到
but then suddenly there they’d be, standing beside you
但他们突然就在那里了,站在你身边
as if they’d been there since...
就好像他们从时间一开始
time began.
就在那里
Although, for them, of course, time only began 53 years ago.
尽管 对他们来说 时间仅仅从53年前才开始