I mean, I remember freshman year...
我记得大一的时候
the first time I read one of her stories.
第一次读到她的一篇作品
Holy shit. I mean, she could really
太差了,我意思 她真的是
transport you, you know?
身临其境的感觉 不是吗?
Transport you?
身临其境?
Whoo! You’re in it thick, brother.
喔! 你真的陷得太深了 兄弟
I mean, no knock on him or you
我是说 不管是他…还是你…
but life is too short to spend it writing about lawyers.
都不应该把短暂的生命浪费在写律师身上
Why? Because those actually sell?
为什么? 因为那些才卖得出去?
Because Wlth those you can actually make a living?
因为有了这些你们才能养家糊口?
Look, I know you and Brian want to be these literary giants
听着 我知道你跟布莱恩想成为文坛巨子
but guess what.
但你猜怎么着
Nobody reads that shit anymore. I mean, think about it.
没人再会看那些狗屁了 好好想想吧
You’re on the train going to work...
你正坐着火车去上班
or you’re enjoying your one week’s vacation down the shore.
或是你在海边享受着难得一周的假期
You really wanna suffer through Faulkner?
你还会想遭福克纳(美国小说家)的罪吗?
Or do you want to kick back with a little John Grisham?
又或是跟小约翰葛雷森共度?
So I take it you didn’t like Brian’s book.
我懂了 你不喜欢布莱恩的书
Are you klddln’me? I couldn’t even finish it.
你说笑吗? 我甚至都没能看完它
Bored me to tears. Why? What about you?
无聊得我都快哭了 怎么了? 你呢?