He had a very long and lucrative career as a stage actor...
角色中他拥有一个非常棒很能赚钱的职业
playing the same role over and over again in The Count of Monte Cristo
一次一次的表演。
Why? ’Cause he was good at it, and it made him rich.
为什么 因为他擅长这些 并使他富有
But by the end of his life, he realizes that by doing so..
但在他快死的时候 他回首过去 .
it cost him the chance to be a truly great artist.
他失去了成为一个真正伟大的艺术家的机会
I don’t wanna be that guy.
我不想重蹈覆辙
You’re aware you may not make the same kind of money...
你是在提醒我不该和他一样去赚钱...
you’ve grown accustomed to, all right?
你已经适应了这些 知道吗
And Getting published That’s Gonna be a challenge.
出版的话 那会是种挑战
I don’t need to remind you
不需要再提醒你
whatJ.F.K. said about second acts, do I?
关于刺杀肯尼迪的第二个例子 是吗
It Was F. Scott FltzGerald.
是菲茨杰拉德
Are you gonna break my balls about particulars? The point is
你不用再跟我这么废话了 关键是
The point is, he said there are no second acts.
关键是 他说 没有第二幕戏了
I don’t believe that, and I don’t think you do elther.
我不相信 我认为你也同意我的看法
Or else Why Would you be throwing this party...
那你为什么要办这次的聚会
for Kate’s college friends lust to Get her to come?
找来凯特的大学同学 就是为了让她来参加吗?