你一项指控都没有,要么确认是他杀,要么还回尸体。
We’ve got a court order which says until we're done with it, the corpse is ours.
法律上说明,知道我们结束案子,死尸就归我们。
He is not a corpse. He is a man named Rex Van de Kamp.
他不是死尸,他叫Rex van de Kamp。
He was a loving husband, a devoted father, and a successful doctor.
他是个好丈夫,好父亲,成功的医生。
So successful, in fact, that he left me enough money to sue the city, this precinct,
他太成功了。以致他留给我足够的钱,可以控告这个城市,这个管区,
and you two gentlemen personally just for the fun of it.
以及在座的二位,只是当为我自己找个乐子
Mrs. Van de Kamp, we don’t respond well to threats so if I were you
Van de Kamp太太,我们不对威胁做出回应,所以我…
Release the body.
还他们尸体。
What?
什么?
The evidence we have is minimal at best.
我们什么证据也没有,
Mrs. Van de Kamp was gracious enough to come down here and take that lie detector test.
Van de Kamp太太主动来这里做测谎试验,
I think it’s the least we can do for her.
这是我们唯一能为她做得。
Thank you. So, uh, what will happen now?
谢谢,那现在该干嘛?
Obviously, we will put Mr. Van de Kamp back just like we found him.
很显然,我们会把Van de Kamp先生放回去,就像我们挖他出土时一样。
Yes, and I’m sure you will bury him with all the dignity of a dead hamster.
是啊,而且我确信你们会像埋死老鼠一样埋了他,
No, I want Rex released to me and I will make all the arrangements.
不,把他交给我,我自己来安排。
Fine.
好吧。
And of course, you'll be paying all the costs.
当然,你们要负责全部开支。
Of course.
当然。
Detective Barton, you are clearly a gentleman.
Barton警长,你真是个绅士。