He's just a... symbol, that's all.
他只是一种 象征 仅此而已
Oh.
哦
Tonya...
Tonya
you're a big girl, and, now that you're old enough to know
你是大姑娘了 到了了解真相的岁数
the truth, it's your responsibility to not spoil it for other kids, okay?
为别的孩子不破坏这个秘密 是你的责任 好吗?
Because you want to give them something to believe in.
因为你想给他们一些东西来信仰
Exactly.
完全正确
That's my big girl.
这才是我的好闺女
Mwa!
亲下
So, you do understand.
那 你真理解了吧
Yeah. It's okay to lie.
对 撒谎没问题
Good night, Mommy.
晚安 妈妈
You think explaining Santa Claus to Tonya was hard,
你觉得向Tonya 解释圣诞老人很困难
you should have been there for the birds and the bees.
那你真该看看 跟她解释两性关系时的状况
Eww... that's nasty!
呦 真恶心!
Nobody ever seems to get any sleep on Christmas Eve.
圣诞节前夕似乎无人睡眠
Everybody's up for different reasons.
每个人都因为不同原因醒着
What you doing, baby?
你干什么 宝贝?
Setting out milk and cookies.
准备牛奶和饼干
We talked about this.
我们聊过这些了
We did... and they're not for Santa.
是聊过 但这不是为圣诞老人准备的
They're for you.
是给您的
Thank you, baby.
谢谢 宝贝
But since I wasn't getting anything,
但既然知道我什么礼物都没有
I didn't have that problem.
我就没这些问题了
On Christmas morning, I even took my time going downstairs.
圣诞节的早上 我甚至把时间花在下楼上
Now that Tonya knew there wasn't a Santa Claus,
现在Tonya知道了没有圣诞老人
her complaints went directly to my mother.
她的抱怨直冲着老妈就来了
Mama, I wanted a Cabbage Patch Doll with long hair.
妈妈 我要的是长发的揶菜娃娃
How about you have no doll with no hair?
给你来个没头发的空气娃娃怎么样?
Oh, thank you.
哦 谢谢
Okay.
Ok
Chris, this one is for you, baby. Chris
这是给你的 宝贝
- Is it a new album? - Open it and find out.
是新唱片吗? - 打开自己看
They were giving those away at the doctor's office I deliver papers to.
有家医院正在派发这东西 我往那儿送报纸
I thought you could use it for school.
我觉得你在学校也许用的上
Thanks. I will.
谢谢 我会用的
Hey, Chris, what'd you get?
嘿 Chris 你得到什么?
A calendar.
一本日历
A calendar?
日历?
Yeah, that's what I wanted.
耶 这就是我想要的
See, now, look here.
看看 看这个
Did you know that May is High Blood Pressure Month?
你知道五月是高血压发病高峰吗?
No.
不知
What if you had a calendar?
除非你们有这日历?
See?
看到没?
All y'all should ask for calendars next year.
明年你们全都得要日历
That's a good idea.
好主意
Hey, Chris, you want to go ride my bike with me outside later?
嘿 Chris待会想和我出去骑车吗?
By "later," he meant summer.
他说的"待会" 指的是夏天
Yeah, sure.
耶 当然
Hey, Chris...
嘿 Chris
you can have this.
这个可以给你
You sure?
你确定?
Yeah. I'm sure.
对 我确定
Baby, that's nice.
宝贝 这样真好
That's what I thought, too.
我也这么以为的
Yes! I won again!
耶! 我又赢啦!
In your face! Ooh!
赢死你! 呜!
What now? I don't get New Year's?
又怎样? 新年也没礼物?
Mwa!
亲下!
Thank you. - For what?
谢谢 - 谢什么?
For the way you've handled not getting what you wanted.
你没得到你想要东西的处理方式
You've really made us proud, man.
你真的让我们感到骄傲 儿子
Drew and Tonya are kids.
Drew和Tonya还是孩子
They need Christmas presents more than me.
他们比我更需要圣诞礼物
You know, you're really growing up, Chris.
知道吗 你真的长大了 Chris.
It's kind of nice having another man around the house.
家里又多了个男子汉感觉真好
It was weird.
说来奇怪
That morning with my parents felt better
那天早上父母给我的感受
than any gift I ever got.
比我收到过的任何礼物都好
Here you go.
给你这个
What's this?
这是什么?
Toy store coupon.
玩具店优惠券
50% off.
打5折
It's good till March.
三月之前都能用
By the end of the day,
那一天快结束的时候
it didn't even matter anymore that I didn't have a gift,
我没有礼物再不是 什么大不了的事了
because I had a good day.
因为我拥有了美好的一天
And right now, I'm with Mrs. Vivian Morello.
好了现在 我们来采访 Vivian Morello女士
Hey, that's my teacher. - And what are you doing tonight?
嘿 那是我老师 - 你今晚有什么安排?
Every year, my students collect food for the very poorest,
每年 我的学生都会收集食物 为那些最可怜的
most destitute and neediest families.
最缺少温暖的 最贫困的家庭
These people are so poor,
那些人太可怜了
they probably don't have anything but the clothes on their backs.
他们也许除了背上披的 衣服以外就一无所有了
Even though they're embarrassingly underprivileged,
即使他们很尴尬的处于社会底层
they're just too proud to ask for help.
自尊心不允许他们寻求帮助
Too proud to ask for help.
自尊心不允许他们寻求帮助
And they're poor.
而且他们很穷
And tonight, we're going to give a family this basket.
而今晚 我们将给予一个家庭 这一篮物品
Now, who wants somebody coming to their door on TV
有谁愿意在电视上看到被敲门
talking about how poor they are?
说出他们有多贫穷啊?
So exciting.
好兴奋
Hmm, I'll get it.
嗯 我去开门
You got it?
准备好了吗
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!
圣诞快乐! 圣诞快乐!
Chris!
Chris!
Everybody hates Chris...
人人都恨克里斯