Chris! Quit throwing cotton balls all over the place! Chris!
别把棉球扔的哪儿都是!
Now what are y'all arguing about?
你们吵什么那?
Nothing.
没什么
Drew said there's no such thing as Santa Claus.
Drew说根本没有圣诞老人这么回事
What are you talking about, boy?
你胡说什么那 孩子?
Of course there's a Santa Claus, baby.
当然有圣诞老人了 宝贝
- Hey. What's up Drew? - Hey.
嘿 你好吗Drew? - 嘿
Mama, we're having a food drive at school.
妈妈 学校有个捐罐头活动
Can I bring some canned goods?
我能拿几个罐头吗?
Okay. But don't take generic brands.
可以 但别拿那些杂牌儿的
Only store brands.
那些名牌儿的
I do not want those people thinking we can't afford to donate food.
我不想让那些人觉得我们捐不起
My mother would give away all the food we had if she
我老妈可以把我们 所有的食物送出去
thought it would prove we didn't need it.
如果她觉得这样 可以证明我们衣食无缺
How come you say my list is stupid?
你为什么说我的礼物单白痴?
Because, everybody knows there's no Santa Claus.
因为 每个人都知道没圣诞老人
Come here, let me show you something.
过来 我给你看点东西
Where are we going?
我们这是去哪儿?
I'm taking you to the toys.
我带你去看玩具
Santa doesn't come down the chimney.
没有圣诞老人烟囱里进来
We don't even have a chimney, we have radiators.
我们甚至都没烟囱 只有散热器
Have you ever heard of Santa Claus coming through radiators?
你听说过有圣诞老人 从散热器里进来吗?
But how can we have our toys already if I haven't even finished my list?
可是我们的玩具怎么可能准备好呢 我的礼物单都没写完呢
Because.
因为...
Hey, man.
嘿 儿子
What you doing?
在干嘛?
I'm taking canned goods to school for the needy.
把罐头带到学校给穷人
Man, that's $2.89 cent worth of food.
儿子 这些罐头总价2块8毛9呢
What you trying to do,
你在想什么那
feed the needy or be the needy?
救穷人还是当穷人?
- Rochelle! - Julius!
Rochelle! - Julius!
My parents tried not argue in front of the kids,
“你怎么还想法乱花”
so instead, they just made faces.
“我不想让人觉得我们破产了” 所以他们就用脸色交流
They make curse out faces, too,
他们还能用脸诅咒彼此
but we can't show you those.
但不能给你们看
Meanwhile, Drew was showing Tanya something no kid should see.
与此同时 Drew在给Tanya 看一些孩子不该看的东西
See, I told you.
看到没 告诉过你了
Whoa! Cool!
哇噢! 酷!
Tonya wasn't the only one having a bad day.
有糟糕一天的不止是Tonya
Is there something wrong?
有什么问题吗?
Have a seat, baby.
坐下来 宝贝
The last time they asked me to sit down before they told me something,
上一次他们让我坐下来 是听他们宣布
The Jackson Five broke up.
杰克逊五人组*解散的消息 (*MJ小时候和兄弟们组的乐队)
Hey, Chris.
嘿 Chris
Um, baby, look, I know you've been looking forward to getting
呃 宝贝 听着 我知道你早就盼着
that new Walkman for Christmas.
圣诞节能得到随身听了
And, Chris, I've always wanted my kids
还有 Chris 我一直希望我的孩子
to have a better Christmas than I had growing up.
能比我小时候圣诞节过的好
But the older you get,
但你越长大
the more you learn about the sacrifices you have to make.
所要做的牺牲也就越多
Sacrifices?
牺牲?
Uh...
呃...
Uh...
呃...
Like not getting a new pair of work boots so you kids can have shoes.
比如不能买新的工作靴 这样你的孩子就能有鞋穿
Or like taking the subway to work so your wife can use the car.
再比如你乘地铁去上班 这样你老婆就能有车开
Mom, Dad, I'm 13.
妈妈 爸爸 我13岁了
Well, you're not getting a present for Christmas.
那 你圣诞节收不到礼物了
He said that like we're out of bacon.
他说这个时 就好像我们培根吃光了
We got to buy a new water heater.
我们必须要买个新热水器
Well, then, we need a plan to tell Drew and Tonya.
好吧 那我们得想想怎么 告诉Drew和Tonya
Tell them what?
告诉他们什么?
That they're not getting any presents for Christmas.
圣诞节得不到任何礼物啊
Who said they weren't getting anything for Christmas?
谁说他们圣诞节得不到礼物了?
Wait, they're getting stuff and I'm not?
等等 他们有东西拿我没有?
You're older, Chris.
你比他们大 Chris
They wouldn't understand.
他们不理解
Am I gonna get anything?
我什么都没有吗?
Oh, baby, you'll be able to use up all the hot water you want.
哦 宝贝 热水你想用多少就用多少
So all I'm getting is a clean ass?
这么说我得到的 就只是干净屁股了?
Steaming hot.
热气腾腾
Everybody hates Chris.
人人都恨克里斯
So you're not getting anything for Christmas?
这么说圣诞节你什么都得不到了?
Nope.
是滴
Man, nothing for Christmas?
哥们 圣诞节没礼物?
Isn't that considered child abuse?
这算不算虐待儿童啊?
Sure does feel like it.
确实有这种感觉
They're at least gonna put something in your stocking, right?
至少他们会在你袜子里放些什么吧?
Maybe some leftover sausage.
可能是根剩香肠什么的吧
There's got to be a law against this.
应该立法来阻止此类事发生
Oh, Chris, look at you.
哦 Chris 看看你
You didn't have to bring any food.
你不用带食物来的
Sometimes I forget how strong your people are.
有时我忘了你们的人民有多坚强
What do you mean how strong my people are?
你说我们的人民有多坚强 是什么意思?
"What do I mean how strong your people are?"
"我说你们的人民有多坚强 是什么意思"?
You shall overcome someday.
总有一天你会明白的
See me after class.
下课后来找我
I have something for you.
我有东西送给你
Okay. Ok
好
We shall overcome
我们会明白的
We shall
我们会
overcome...
明白的...
Tonya, I thought you were gonna put up the decorations.
Tonya 我以为你在挂装饰物呢
I don't want to now.
我现在不太想
Why not?
为什么呀?
Because... you and Daddy lied to me.
因为 你和爹的骗我
We lied to you? About what?
我们骗你? 什么啊?
I know there's no such thing as Santa Claus.
我知道没有圣诞老人这回事
When my mother heard Tonya say those words,
当我老妈听到 Tonya说出这几个字
it was like she wasn't her baby anymore.
就好像Tonya不再是 她的宝贝女儿一样