Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》
Hi! Hi! I'm so sorry I'm late.
嘿!不好意思我迟到了。
No, that's fine. Wow, white gloves. What, are we having luncheon in the 1880s?
没关系。哇,白手套。我们复古到1880年了?
Well, it's a very elegant club.
这可是个很体面的俱乐部。
You know, Orson's been a member here for years.
奥森是这的会员好多年了。
It'll be even nicer when they finish the construction.
他们施工完会更漂亮的。
So you were very mysterious on the phone. Why did you wanna have lunch?
你电话里很神秘。为什么约我们吃饭。
Well, I wanted to invite you to a dinner that Orson and I are having this Saturday.
我想请你们这周六参加奥森和我准备的晚宴
So you asked us to a meal to announce another meal? That's so... Bree of you.
你约我们吃饭就是为了约下一次吃饭?真是典型布里的作风。
What's the occasion?
为了什么事情呢?
Oh, um, no occasion. Just a little get‐ ogether.
哦,没什么特别。只是小聚一下。
What are you being so coy about?
你干吗这么遮遮掩掩?
I'm not being coy.
我没有啊。
She said coyly.
你这句就说的很含糊。
If you don't tell us, we're not coming.
你不说我们就不去了。
Oh, all right. I wanted to wait and make a proper announcement, but...
好吧。我想等待时间正式宣布的不过?
Orson and I are engaged.
我和奥森订婚了。