Zoe Barnes with the Washington Herald now reporting,
《华盛顿先驱报》的佐伊·巴恩斯报道
quoting a source close to the president,
据总统身边知情人士透露
as saying that Senator Catherine Durant will likely be the
迈克尔·科恩本周早些时候退出之后
new nominee for Secretary of State
凯瑟琳·杜兰特参议员
after Michael Kern's withdrawal earlier this week.
很可能会代替他成为国务卿提名人
The White House has remained silent on whether the president
白宫对总统是否会提名杜兰特
will tap Durant for a nomination,
不予置评
but a national Zogby Poll shows
但是一项全国左格比民调显示
wide support for Durant across party lines.
杜兰特深受两党支持
Catherine Durant has served ten years, on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee,
凯瑟琳·杜兰特在参议院外交委员会任职十年
made numerous diplomatic missions to South America...
曾多次在南美执行外交任务
We can place our faith in her,
我们可以相信她
knowing that we have a responsible, experienced,
并深知一位负责,杰出
brilliant woman representing our interests abroad.
有经验的女性,在海外维护我国利益
Middle of the road, team player, strong in defense.
中间路线,善于合作,善于辩护
If there's a woman that can
如果有哪位女性可以
work with the joint chiefs, she's the one.
跟军方高层合作,那就是她
Durant is the way to go. It's a nobrainer.
杜兰特可行,傻子都看得出来
The president should stop this pageant and simply make the call.
总统不应该再挑三拣四,选她就对了
Why are we still talking about,
我们为什么还在讨论
if they're going to nominate Durant?
他们是否会提名杜兰特
Why don't they just do it already
他们为什么不赶紧定下
so we can all stop talking about ifs
我们也可以停止猜测
and start talking about when and what
开始讨论杜兰特会何时
and how Durant's going to shape up foreign policy...
如何制定怎样的外交政策
So, history?
是历史吗
History.
是的
I'm very impressed, Frank.
真了不起,弗兰克
Good. With your goahead, I'll start the mockup.
好的,你点头了我就起草正式法案了
Have Birch and Rasmussen seen this?
博奇和拉斯姆森看过这个了吗
Not yet. I wanted you to be the first to have a look.
还没,我想先拿给你看一眼
I'll schedule a time for you to fill in the president.
我会找个时间让你给总统汇报
Oh, no, no, no. That is your turf, Linda. You should do that.
不用,那是你的工作,你去汇报就好
Thank you, Frank. My pleasure. Thank you.
谢谢,弗兰克,荣幸之至,该谢你
I so apologize for everything No, no, no, n
对这一切,我万分抱歉,不不不
it's not necessary.
没必要
Now for the real meeting.
现在来谈正事
So what is happening with Michael Kern?
迈克尔·科恩怎么回事啊
Oh, it's a total nightmare.
简直是场噩梦
You know who you're gonna tap next?
接下来要推选谁
Frank, we still need you in the house
弗兰克,我们需要你留在议会
No, no, no. I wouldn't dream of it.
不不不,我可不敢奢望
We've got our education bill. I was just curious.
我们还要忙法案呢,我只是问问
Somehow the rumor is flying around
不知为什么,到处盛传
that we're gonna nominate Catherine Durant.
我们将提名凯瑟琳·杜兰特
I'm sure you've noticed. Is the rumor true?
你一定注意到了,传言是真的吗
Well, we weren't considering her at first,
刚开始我们并未考虑她
but the president asked me to have her vetted
但总统让我审查她
in case we wanna go that route.
以备我们选择她
Interesting. What do you think?
有意思,你觉得呢
Well, she wouldn't be my first choice
她不会是我的首选
Who would be your first choice?
谁会是你的首选
She campaigned hard against us in the primaries.
初选时她跟我们斗得厉害呢
That's my reservation.
这也是我的顾虑
But you'd show yourself above party politics,
但这会显得你顾全大局
and I know she'd work all the harder for it.
而且我知道她会全力以赴的
Decent experience, respect across the aisle.
履历漂亮,在两党都受人尊敬
So you think we can seriously consider her?
所以她真的值得考虑吗
It's not the worst idea in the world.
反正不是最糟的选择
Where are you getting this shit?
你从哪搞来的消息
What?
什么
Your stories.
你的报道
I was just Who are you fucking?
我只是,你跟谁上床了
Nobody. Oh, come on.
没有,少来了
You're a metro scrub, and now look at you.
你不过是个小人物,现在瞧瞧你
You'd have to be fucking somebody important.
你一定跟某个重要人物上床了
I'm just doing my job, Janine.
我只是做了我的工作,简宁
Excuse me.
失陪了