I had a class of, uh of older kids,
我给高年级学生上了节课
and I had them brainstorming about the aliens.
让他们来了场关于外星人的自由讨论
And they came up with mostly, you know,
他们想出来的也都是
the stuff that we all talked about
我们之前都讨论过的东西
That the skitters must come from a planet
比如突击者
similar to ours, and...
来自一颗与地球相似的行星 而且
that they have a wide range of temperature tolerance.
他们的耐热性非常强
Anyway,
这么说吧
this one girl came up with something that made me think.
有个女孩提出了让我深思的东西
She said, you know, whenever we've dreamed up robots,
她说 当我们设想机器人的时候
we've always imagined them to sort of be
我们总会把他们想象成
basically like ourselves
跟人类本身差不多
A head, two arms, two legs.
一个脑袋 两个胳膊 两条腿
But the Skitters have six legs.
但突击者有六条腿
And yet, their robots, the Mechs, are bipedal.
而他们的机器人 械甲怪 都是两条腿
Why wouldn't they build robots
他们为什么不把机器人
that look like themselves, you know?
造得和自己一样呢
Well, chances are
估计是
they've been studying the earth for a while.
他们研究地球已经很久了吧
Maybe they built Mechs that way
也许他们这么造械甲怪
to have a bigger psychological impact on us.
是为了给我们带来更大的心理冲击
Maybe, huh?
没准儿