The father says the patient has cystic fibrosis.
病人的父亲说他患有囊性纤维病
Really? I didn't hear anything.
是吗 这我倒没听说
Well,he's on supplemental oxygen,so...
他现在在吸氧 所以
as long as his airways are clear,shouldn't be a problem.
只要他的气管通畅 应该不成问题
Boy,I'll tell you
孩子 我要告诉你
if we'd have had access to...
如果我们能用上
modern hospitals and labs,
现代化医院和实验室的话
we could have this all figured out in a matter of hours.
只需几小时的功夫就能解决所有问题
As it was,it's just educated guesses...
事实上 这也只是有根据的推测
and trial and error.
只能反复尝试
What can I do to help?
我能帮什么忙
Uh,you can stay out of my way.
别挡我路就行
All right,get ready to lift the harness,please.
好了 请准备抬起脊甲
The whole idea behind this
抬起脊甲是为了
is to expose as much needle as possible.
让尽可能多的针头露出来
Pulling those out kills them.
把这些取出来只会要了他们的命
Yeah,well,that's why we've been cutting them instead.
没错 所以我们一直是切断它们的
Learned that the hard way.
学会这招费了很大的劲
So did a lot of people.
谁不是这样呢
Wouldn't you rather be outside?
你就不能在外面待会吗
I like to expose...
我将要让针头至少
at least an inch of needle.
露出一英寸
Start the drip,please.
请开始挂点滴吧
How far? All the way.
挂多久 一直挂
Lift up the harness,please.
请抬起脊甲
Okay.
好的
You know,the first few times
你知道 最初几次
we cut the needles...
我们切断针头之后
We lost the patients.
病人就死去了
Why?
为什么
Look at his eyes.
看看他的眼睛
Pinpoints.
瞳孔严重收缩