Who is my client?
我的委托人是谁
Take a look at where you're standing, and make a deduction.
看看你站的地方 演绎推理一下
You are to be engaged by the highest in the land, now, for God's sake!
你受雇于全国地位最高的人 所以拜托
Put your clothes on!
给我把衣服穿上
I'll be mother.
我来做妈妈吧 (意为"我来做东道")
And there is a whole childhood in a nutshell.
一句话概括了我们整个童年
My employer has a problem.
我的雇主遇到个麻烦
A matter has come to light of an extremely delicate and potentially criminal nature,
出了一件极为敏感可能引发犯罪的事件
and in this hour of need, dear brother, your name has arisen.
在这危急之秋 亲爱的弟弟 我们想起了你
Why?
为什么?
We have a police force of sorts,
我们有支算是警察的队伍
even a marginally secret service.
甚至还有勉强机密的特工局
Why come to me?
找我干什么?
People come to you for help, don't they, Mr Holmes?
不是有很多人找你帮忙吗 福尔摩斯先生?
Not to date anyone with a navy.
至今还没遇见自家有海军的
This is a matter of the highest security, and therefore of trust.
事关最高机密 必须找可信的人
You don't trust your own secret service?
你连你自己的特工局都信不过?
Naturally not.
当然信不过
They all spy on people for money.
那些人拿钱就窥探别人
I do think we have a timetable.
我们有时间表要遵守的
Yes, of course. Erm...
对 当然 呃...
What do you know about this woman?
关于这个女人 你知道什么?
Nothing whatsoever.
一无所知
Then you should be paying more attention.
这就是你太不留心了
She's been at the centre of two political scandals in the last year,
去年一年她就卷进了两起政治丑闻
and recently ended the marriage of a prominent novelist by having an affair with both participants separately.
最近还终结了一位著名小说家的婚姻 方法是与双方分别发生外遇