Joe: I bought you flowers.
乔:我给你买了花。
Kathleen: Oh, thank you.
凯瑟琳:哦,谢谢。
Joe: Why don't I put these in some water? And, hey, you're sick, you should sit down.
乔:为什么不把花插到水瓶中呢?嗨,你是病人,应该坐下休息。
Kathleen: All right.
凯瑟琳:好的。
Joe: Okay, I need a vase, a vase.
乔:好了,我需要个花瓶……花瓶。
Kathleen: Above the refrigerator.
凯瑟琳:在冰箱上面。
Joe: Here it is. Hey, George says hello by the way.
乔:找到了,嗨,乔治向你问好呢。
Kathleen: Oh.
凯瑟琳:哦。
Joe: He's the one who told me you were sick.
乔:是他告诉我你生病的。
Kathleen: How's George?
凯瑟琳:乔治还好吗?
Joe: Great! Really great! He's revolutionizing the place. So you can't work in his department unless you have a P. H. D. in children's literature.
乔:好着呢!那个地方让他弄得快翻天了,以后如果你没有儿童文学的博士学位,可别想在他那工作了!
Kathleen: I love daisies
凯瑟琳:我喜欢雏菊。
Joe: You told me.
乔:你告诉过我。
Kathleen: They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?
凯瑟琳:它们是那么友善。你不认为雏菊是最友善的花吗?
Joe: I do.
乔:同意。
Kathleen: When did you break up?
凯瑟琳:你们什么时候分手的?
Joe: A couple of weeks ago.
乔:几个星期以前。
Kathleen: Everyone is breaking up, you, me, this other people I know broke up with someone in an elevator, or just after it, or just outside it, or they got stuck. I... I... When I saw you at the coffee place I was waiting for him and I was..
凯瑟琳:到处都是分手。你,我,还有一个我认识的人在电梯里和爱人分手,或者是从电梯出来之后,或者是在外面,或者他们被困在电梯里了。当我在咖啡店里见到你的时候,我正在等他,我当时很……
Joe: Charming.
乔:迷人。
Kathleen: Was not charming.
凯瑟琳:根本不迷人。
Joe: Well look charming. Tea?
乔:你当时看起来很迷人。要茶吗?
Kathleen: Yes. I was... I was upset and horrible.
凯瑟琳:要。我当时烦躁不安,令人讨厌。
Joe: Honey?
乔:要蜜吗?
Kathleen: Yes.
凯瑟琳:要。
Joe: I was the horrible one.
乔:我是那个让人讨厌的人吗。
Kathleen: Well, that's true, but I have no excuse.
凯瑟琳:你的确如此。我却没有道理那样。
Joe: Oh, I see. I see what you're saying. That's interesting whereas I am a horrible person therefore I have no choice but to be horrible. That's what you're saying. But that's alright, that's alright. I put you out of business so you're entitled to hate me.
乔:哦,我明白了,我明白你的意思了。非常有趣,因为我就是个讨厌的人,所以我没得选择只能让人讨厌,这就是你的意思。不过没有关系,是我把你的生意搞垮了,你有理由恨我。
Kathleen: I don't hate you.
凯瑟琳:我不恨你。
Joe: But you'll never forgive me. Just like Elizabeth.
乔:但你不会原谅我。就像伊丽莎白一样。
Kathleen: Who?
凯瑟琳:谁?
Joe: Elizabeth Rennet in Pride and Prejudice. She was too proud.
乔:《傲慢与偏见》中的伊丽莎白·贝纳特。她太骄傲了。
Kathleen: What? I thought you hate Pride and Prejudice.
凯瑟琳:什么?我以为你不喜欢那本书呢。
Joe: Or was she too prejudice and Mr. Darcy is too proud? Well, I can't remember. It wasn't personal.
乔:还是她太偏见而达西先生太傲慢了?我记不清楚了。这不是个私人的问题。