Kathleen: What is that supposed to be? I am so sick of that. All that means is that wasn't personal to you, but it was personal to me it's personal to a lot of people. I mean, What's so wrong with being personal anyway?
凯瑟琳:那是什么意思?真讨厌别人这么说。那不是你的私事,是我的,是很多人的。我的意思是,是私人问题有什么不好。
Joe: Uh, nothing.
乔:哦,没什么不好的。
Kathleen: Because whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal. My head's starting to get fuzzy. Uhh, why did you stop by again, I forgot.
凯瑟琳:因为不论什么事,都是从私事开始的。我的头有点晕。对了,我忘了,你为什么到我这来着?
Joe: I wanted to be your friend.
乔:我想成为你的朋友。
Kathleen: Oh.
凯瑟琳:是吗?
Joe: I knew it wasn't possible. What can I say, sometimes a guy just wants the impossible. Can I ask you a question?
乔:我知道这是不可能的。怎么说呢,有时候人就是想要得到不可能得到的东西。能问一个问题吗?
Kathleen: What?
凯瑟琳:什么?
Joe: What happened with that guy at the cafe?
乔:你和在咖啡店等的那个人后来怎么样了?
Kathleen: Nothing.
凯瑟琳:没什么。
Joe: But you're crazy about him.
乔:但你对他很疯狂。
Kathleen: Yes, I am.
凯瑟琳:是的。
Joe: Well, why don't you fun off wini him. What are You waiting for?
乔:干嘛不追他,你在等什么?
Kathleen: I don't actually know him.
凯瑟琳:我根本就不认识他。
Joe: Really?
乔:是吗?
Kathleen: I only know him through the... You're not going to believe this.
凯瑟琳:我认识他是通过……你是不会相信的。
Joe: Oh, let me guess, through the internet?
乔:让我猜猜,是通过网络?
Kathleen: Yes.
凯瑟琳:对啊。
Joe: Hmmm, you've got mail.
乔:嗯,你有邮件。
Kathleen: Yes.
凯瑟琳:对啊。
Joe: Those are very powerful words.
乔:充满力量的提示语。
Kathleen: Yes.
凯瑟琳:对啊。
Joe: Well, I'm happy for him, although, could I just make a little suggestion?
乔:我真为他高兴,可以给你提个建议吗?
Kathleen: What?
凯瑟琳:什么建议?
Joe: I think you should meet him. No, I take that back. Why would you wanna meet somebody you're crazy about?
乔:我觉得你应该见见他,不,不,换个说法。为什么不去见三你为之疯狂的那个人呢?
Kathleen: Hey, I hardly think I need to take advice from a person.
凯瑟琳:嗨,我可不想听你的建议,你可是……
Joe: No, I can see that I brought out the worst in you. Let me just help you to not say something you're just going to torture yourself about for years to come. I hope you feel better soon. It'd be a shame to miss New York in the spring.
乔:别,我知道是我把你变得如此刻薄。我现在只是想帮你,多去说那些以后长时间让自己备受折磨的话。祝你早日康复。如喜错过纽约的春天就太遗憾了。
Kathleen: Thank you for the daisies.
凯瑟琳:谢谢你的雏菊。