1、starve
挨饿;饿死
A number of the prisoners we saw are starving.
我们看到的一些囚犯快要饿死了。
In the 1930s, millions of Ukrainians starved to death or were deported.
在 20 世纪 30 年代,有几百万乌克兰人饿死或被驱逐出境。
使极其缺乏;使迫切需要
The electricity industry is not the only one to have been starved of investment.
投资严重缺乏的不光是电力工业。
The most damaging thing the West could do is to starve Russia of new foreign capital.
西方能够祭出的最阴险一招就是不让俄罗斯得到新的外资。
使挨饿
He said the only alternative was to starve the people, and he said this could not be allowed to happen.
他说唯一的其他选择就是让人们挨饿,又说这是绝对不允许发生的。
Judy decided I was starving myself.
朱迪认定我在让自己挨饿。
2、get back
恢复(原来的状态)
Then life started to get back to normal.
随后生活又恢复了正常。
I couldn't get back to sleep.
我再也睡不着了。
对…进行报复
The divorce process should not be used as a means to get back at your former partner.
不应该在办理离婚手续上报复以前的伴侣。
I'm going to get you back so badly you'll never to be able to show your face again.
我要狠狠地还以颜色,让你从此无脸见人。
n. 轨道(track的复数);磁道;轮胎