Jack. Come in.
杰克。进来吧
I'm sorry. Um... I was just, uh...
不好意思。我只是...
In the neighborhood.
走到这附近
Yeah, something like that.
对,差不多是这样
How's Mrs. Crawford?
克劳福德太太怎么样
Yeah, that's why I was in the neighborhood. She's fine.
对了,所以我才来这附近。她很好
Well, she tells me that she's fine and she tells me when she's not.
但她每次跟我说她很好时,真实情况往往很糟
You expect me to tell you more?
你希望我能多给你透露一些吗
Look, Bella's at a NATO conference.
听着,贝拉正在参加北约的一个会议
I can't talk to her. She's working.
我没法和她说话,她在工作
I doubt I could talk to her if she was here.
我想如果她在这,也没法跟她谈
About her condition?
关于她的病情吗
Yeah. About her cancer, about her dying. She doesn't want to talk to me about it.
是的,关于她的癌症,她快死了的事。她根本不想跟我提这事
I am prohibited from talking about it-- doctor-patient confidentiality.
医患保密协议禁止我谈论任何有关话题
You talk to me about Will Graham.
但你跟我说过威尔·格雷厄姆
Will Graham is not officially my patient. We have conversations.
严格来说,威尔·格雷厄姆不算是我的病人。我们聊过天
What do you consider this?
那你觉得我这是什么
Desperate coping.
绝望之下的应对
You don't think I have a right to know what's happening with my wife?
你觉得我无权知道我妻子经历了什么吗
You have every right to know what's happening, but not from me.
你完全有权知道发生了什么,但我不能说
Well, I'm not just gonna stand outside my marriage and watch this happen.
我不会就这么对婚姻撒手不管,对此无动于衷
If that's what she wants, too bad. She married the wrong guy for that.
如果她希望那样,很抱歉。她肯定嫁错人了
I'll offer one insight.
我来说明一下
She doesn't think she married the wrong guy.
她没觉得自己嫁错了人
I can't stop thinking about when my wife is gonna die.
我一直在想我妻子什么时候会死
I look at her side of the bed and I think, "Is she gonna die there?"
我望着她睡的那半边床就想"她会死在那吗"
I can't stop thinking about it, you understand? I can't stop.
我就是忍不住,一直在想,你懂吗?停不下来
You're dreading the loss of your wife.
你害怕失去你妻子
Yes. And I'm thinking about other losses too.
是的。我还在想失去过的其他人
What other losses are you dreading?
你还怕失去什么
Jack, you can't save her. She won't let you.
杰克,你救不了她。她不会让你这么做的
The cancer won't let you.
癌症不会让你这么做的
Who else couldn't you save?
还有谁你没能救回来