How would you describe this man, his character?
您要怎么描述这个人,他的性格特点?
First mistake. James Moriarty isn't a man at all.
第一个错误。首先,詹姆斯?莫里亚蒂根本不是一个人。
He's a spider.
他是一只蜘蛛。
A spider at the centre of a web, a criminal web with a thousand threads and he knows precisely how each and every single one of them dances.
他蛰伏于蛛网的中心,可是蛛网却有千丝万缕,他对其中每一丝的震颤都了如指掌。
And how long...? No, no. Don't, don't do that. That's really not a good question. Mr Holmes!
那时间上……别,你别这样问。这真是个蠢问题。福尔摩斯先生!
How long have I known him? Not your best line of enquiry.
你是要问我认识他多久了是吧?你下次问的时候建议你换个方法。
We met twice, five minutes in total. I pulled a gun, he tried to blow me up.
我们总共见过两面,加起来共五分钟。我拿枪指着他,他想把我炸死。
I felt we had a special something.
我觉得我们之间还算有渊源吧。
Miss Sorrel, are you seriously claiming this man is an expert?
索若小姐,你还坚持认为这位是专家吗?
After knowing the accused for just five minutes? Two minutes would have made me an expert, five was ample.
在你知道他只和被告见了五分钟之后?成为专家两分钟足矣,五分钟就绰绰有余了。
Mr Holmes, that's a matter for the jury. Oh, really?
福尔摩斯先生,这要留给陪审团决定了。哦,是吗?
One librarian, two teachers, two high-pressure jobs, probably the City.
两个图书管理员,一个老师,两个工作压力颇大,可能在市政厅工作。
The foreman's a medical secretary, trained abroad, judging by her shorthand. Mr Holmes?
福尔摩斯先生?陪审团主席是医药秘书,从速记手法看,她在国外受的培训。福尔摩斯先生!
Mr Holmes? Seven are married, two are having an affair with each other. Oh, they've just had tea and biscuits.
其中有七人已结婚,两人相互有染。哦,原来他们还刚刚一起喝茶吃点心。
Would you like to know who ate the wafer? Mr Holmes!
您想知道是谁吃了华夫饼干吗?福尔摩斯先生!
You've been called here to answer Miss Sorrel's questions, not to give us a display of your intellectual prowess.
您被传召是来回答索若小姐的问题的,而不是来卖弄您的智力的。
Keep your answers brief and to the point.
请您不要赘述,回答切题。
Anything else will be treated as contempt.
若您再有违规行为,将被视为蔑视法庭。
Do you think you could survive for just a few minutes... Without showing off?!
您难道歇几分钟不卖弄……就活不下去了吗?!