Tony: Wow! That's ah, that's pretty nice.
哇,这柜子还不赖嘛。
Joey:"Pretty nice"?
还不赖?
Chandler: You'll have to pardon my roommate, he wanted to marry this.
原谅我的室友,他简直想娶它。
Tony: We don't have 50 bucks, but would you be willing to trade for it? We got a canoe.
我们没有50块钱,你们愿意交换吗?我们有一艘独木舟。
Chandler: Y'know, I, I, I really don't think we need a canoe.
那个,我们不需要独木舟。
Tony: You gotta take the canoe.
你们一定要收下独木舟。
Chandler: All right, just, just take the entertainment center. And then when you get home, throw the canoe away.
你们就把柜子搬走吧。等你们到家,再把独木舟扔掉。
Peter: We're not throwing it away. I built that canoe.
我们不会扔的,那是我亲手造的。
Joey: Good for you!
说得好!
Rachel: You guys, you're never gonna believe what I just found tacked up on a telephone pole. Look kinda familiar?
伙伴们,你们看我在电线杆上发现了什么。眼熟吗?
Ross: Apparently Phoebe's mother also goes by the name "Julio."
很显然菲比的母亲也叫胡里奥。
Chandler: Wait a minute. This is not the same cat. This cat's only this big.
慢着,不是那只猫吧,这只才这么小。
Rachel: You guys, there's a little girl in Soho looking for this cat. I mean, you know what that means?
你们啊,一个小女孩在找这只猫,知道这代表什么吗?
Joey: Yeah! $200 reward split five ways!
知道,五个人平分2百元赏金。
Rachel: Do we have to tell her?
要告诉她吗?
Ross: Yes, we have to tell her.
当然要告诉她。
Monica: Oh, but it's made her so happy.
但菲比现在好开心。
Ross: Little girl misses her cat. Crazy lady thinks her mother is in a cat.
想念猫咪的小女孩。觉得猫是母亲附体的痴女人。
Okay, y'know what, I have to go have dinner with my son, can I trust that when you see Phoebe, you will tell her?
好吧,我要去跟我儿子吃饭,你们见到菲比会告诉她吧?
All: Yeah. Yes.
会。
Ross: Thank you.
谢谢。
Rachel: I hate when Ross is right.
我讨厌罗斯是对的时候。
Monica: He is right, isn't he?
他是对的,不是吗?
Chandler: Y'know what, I mean this might be one of the times when he's wrong.
你们知道吗,搞不好这一次他错了。
All: You think?
是吗?
Chandler: Oh, no. He's right.
不,他说得对。
Phoebe: Hi.
嗨。
Monica: Hi!
嗨!
All: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Uh, Pheebs, about your mom.
那个,菲比,关于你的母亲。
Phoebe: Yeah?
怎么了?
Joey: How's that going?
你们处得好吗?
Phoebe: So great. Oh, we took a nap together today, my mom fell asleep on my tummy and purred.
太好了。我们今天一起睡午觉呢,妈妈在我肚子上睡着了,还打呼。
Joey: That's so sweet. I'm gonna get some coffee.
真温馨,我去倒点咖啡。
Monica: Huh? What'd you say, Joe? I'll be right there.
啊?乔你说什么?我马上过去。
Rachel: Pheebs...
菲比
Phoebe: I just feel so, uhh...
我觉得好
Rachel: All right! Jeez!
好的!天!
Chandler: I'm coming already!
马上到!
Monica: Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet!
还没好,没好,没好
Rachel: Hello, Chip.
你好啊奇普。
Chip: Hey, Rach! How ya doing?
嘿,瑞秋,你好吗?
Rachel: I'm great! I'm great. I got a great job at Bloomingdale's, have wonderful friends. And even though I'm not seeing anyone right now, I've never felt better about myself.
很好!很好。我有一份好工作,一群好朋友。而且即使我现在没有见过任何人,我也从没感觉到那么好。
Chip: So ah, Monica ready yet?
哦,莫妮卡好了吗?
Rachel: She'll be out in a second. So, Chip, how's umm, Amy Welsh?
她马上就好。奇普啊,艾米·韦尔奇好吗?
Chip: Amy Welsh? Wow! I haven't seen her since...So, Monica about ready?
艾米·韦尔奇?我一直没见她,自从 莫妮卡快好了吗?
Monica: Hi.
嗨。
Chip: Hey! Wow, you look great.
嘿!你好漂亮。
Monica: Thanks.
谢谢。
Rachel: Aww, well, you guys have fun.
玩的开心点。
Chip: Catch you later.
再联络。
Rachel: Bye, Chip.
再见,奇普。
Monica: Are you sure you're okay about this?
你确定你不介意?
Rachel: Actuall...
其实
Monica: Okay, great.
太好了。
Joey: This is the unit for you my friend.
买这个柜子就对了,哥们。
Sturdy construction, tons of storage compartments, some big enough to fit a grown man.
坚固耐用,容量超大,都能塞得进一个大人。
Guy: What?
什么?
Joey: Oh, yeah, I got in there myself once. My roommate bet me 5 bucks that I couldn't, and then he stuck a board through the handles that locked me in.
没错,我就进去过一次。我的室友赌5元说我进不去,然后他拿了条木板穿在把手上,把我锁在里面。
It was funny till I started feeling like I was in a coffin.
开头很好玩,直到我开始觉得自己像在棺材里。
Guy: Nah, you, you can't fit in that thing. that's not deep enough.
你进不去的,它不够深。
Joey: Oh yeah? If I can't, I'll knock five bucks off the price of the unit.
你不信?要是我进不去我就以5美元把它卖给你。
Guy: All right, you have yourself a deal.
好,就这么说定了。
Joey: Okay. See? I told ya! Sometimes I come in here just to get away from it. Hey, a nickel!
说定了。你看,我就说吧。有时我还玩密室逃脱呢。看有5分钱!
Chip: Here we are.
到了。
Monica: Oh my God! You still have the Chipper!
天哪,你还在骑奇车?
Chip: The what?
什么车?
Monica: That's what we used to called your ah, your motorcycle in high school.
那时高中你的摩托车的外号。
Y'know a motorcycle's a Chopper. And you're Chip. Never mind.
你知道有种摩托车叫Chopper,而你叫Chip。没事。
Chip: No, I think it's cute.
真可爱。
Monica: Wow! A lipper from Chipper.
喔~来自"Chipper"的唇。
Chip: So you still in touch with anyone from high school?
你还有跟哪些高中同学联络?
Monica: Umm. Well, there's Rachel...and umm, that's it. How about you?
嗯,有瑞秋,还有 嗯,就这么多了,你呢?
Chip: Oh yeah, I still hang with Simmons and Zana, Al, I see Spindler a lot. Devane, Kelly,
我还在跟西蒙斯和萨纳混。也常跟斯宾德、莱文、凯利见面,
and I run into Goldie from time to time. Steve Brown, Zuchoff, McGwire, J.T. , Breadsly.
还总能碰见高迪啊、史蒂夫啊,布朗、苏卡夫、马克奎尔、J.T.、比尔兹利。
Monica: Is that all?
就那么多?
Chip: Ehh, Y'know after high school, you just kinda lose touch. Oh yeah! I ran into Richard Dorfman.
嗨,自从高中毕业后,你就失去联系了。哦对了!我上次碰见理查德·多夫曼了。
Monica: Ohh, how is he?
他好吗?
Chip: Not so good, I mean Simmons and I gave him a wedgie.
不太好,之前我跟西蒙斯还给了他一双坡跟鞋。
Monica: Isn't he an architect now?
他不是建筑师吗?
Chip: Yeah, they still wear underwear.
建筑师也要穿内裤。
Chandler: Oh, my God!
天哪!
Joey: What?
怎么了?
Chandler: Are you all right?
你还好吗?
Joey: Yeah...
还好
Chandler: What happened?
怎么回事?
Joey: Awww, man, he promised he wouldn't take the chairs!
啊,混蛋!他答应不拿椅子的!
Chandler: What the hell happened? How were you locked in? And where the hell is all of our stuff?
到底怎么回事?你怎么会被关进去?我们的东西呢?
Joey: Well, this guy came by to look at the unit and...and he said he didn't think it's big enough to fit a grown man!
有一个人来看柜子,他说他不信这能装一个大人。
Chandler: So...you got in voluntarily?
所以你是自愿进去的?
Joey: I was trying to make a sale! Oh, man, if I ever run into that guy again, you know what I'll do?
我当时想把柜子卖出去!跟你说,要是再碰上他,你猜我会怎样?
Chandler: Bend over?
屈服于他?
Chip:...and then Zana just let one rip!
然后冼娜,就裂了道口!
Monica: Look, not that I don't enjoy talking about people who I went to high school with,'cause I do.
我不是不喜欢说高中的人,我喜欢。
But umm, maybe we can talk about something else. Like you, I don't even know where you work.
但或许我们可以聊点别的。像你,我还不知道你在哪工作。
Chip: You know where I work.
你知道啊。
Monica: I do?
我知道?
Chip: The movie theater. You used to come in all the time.
电影院啊,你以前常来。
Monica: You still work at the Multiplex?
你还在打散工?
Chip: Oh, like I'd give up that job! Free popcorn and candy, anytime I want. I can get you free posters for your room.
我怎么会换工作。爆米花和糖果随便吃。我可以帮你拿海报贴屋里。
Monica: Thanks, I'm set.
谢谢,我贴过了。
Chip: Oh, you know who came in the other night? Peters. Told me he just went out with Leslie Maskin. Got to third base.
对了,你猜那天谁来了?彼得斯。他说他刚才跟莱斯利·马斯金约会。还上了床哦。
Monica: Do you still live with your parents?
你还住和你父母一起住吗?
Chip: Oh Yeah, but I can stay out as late as I want.
对,但是我多晚回家都没事了。
Joey: You know, with all of our stuff gone, the unit doesn't seem that big.
你看,没了其他东西,电视柜显得不那么大了。
Chandler: Why couldn't he have been a kidnapper.
那人为何不把你绑走?
Rachel: Wow! They really got you guys. Your TV, the chairs.
喔,他们真是大搬家。电视、椅子。
Phoebe: Yeah, your microwave, the stereo.
微波炉、音响。
Joey: Oh, man, he took the five of spades! Oh, no-no-no, here it is.
天哪,他把黑桃5拿走了。啊没拿,在这呢。
Monica: Oh, my God! What happened?
天哪!怎么了?
Chandler: Oh, umm, Joey was born, and then 28 years later, I was robbed!
乔伊出生,28年后,我被抢了。
Rachel: So how was your date?
约会怎么样?
Monica: Well, you know how I always wanna go out with Chip Matthews in high school.
你知道我高中时一直想跟奇普约会。
Well, tonight, I actually went out with Chip Matthews in high school.
今晚,我真的跟"高中时的"奇普约会了。
Rachel: Oh honey, I'm sorry.
亲爱的,我好难过。
Monica: No, it's okay. Not only did I get to go out with Chip Matthews, I got to dump Chip Matthews.
不,挺好的。我不但跟奇普约了会,还甩了他。
Rachel: Ohh! That's so great!
太棒了!
Monica: I know.
我知道。
Ross: Hey, so ah, what did the insurance company say?
保险公司怎么说?
Chandler: Oh, they said,"You don't have insurance here,so stop calling us."
他们说 "你们没在这投保,别再打来了。"
Ross: You didn't tell her? Okay, fine. Pheebs?
你们没有告诉她?好吧,菲比。
Phoebe: Yeah? Hi!
什么事?
Ross: Hi, Listen, uhh, this cat belongs to a little girl. There are flyers all over the place.
那个,听我说,这只猫是一个小女孩的,路上贴满了寻猫启事。
Rachel: I'm sorry, sweetie.
对不起亲爱的。
Monica: Hey, we can take her back with you if you want.
我们可以在你想的时候把她带回来。
Phoebe: Ohh. Um-hmm. But, you know, she chose to find me. I mean, I have to respect her decision, right?
但是她选择来找我。我得尊重她的决定,对吧?
Chandler, Monica, Joey, and Rachel: That's a good call. Yeah, that's right.
有道理。没错。
Ross: No! No! Look--Hey, enough is enough.
不,不是的,别再闹了。
Look, I'm sorry that you feel guilty whatever about spending time with your new mom, but this isn't your old mom.
我很遗憾你跟新妈妈在一起会有罪恶感,但这不是你的过世的妈妈。
This is a cat. Okay? Julio the cat. Not Mom! Cat.
这是一只猫,对吧?它叫胡里奥。不是妈妈,是猫。
Phoebe: Ross, how many parents have you lost?
罗斯,你失去过几个父母?
Ross: None.
没有。
Phoebe: Okay then you don't know what it feels like when one of them comes back, do you?
那你就无法体会,其中一个回来的感觉,对吧?
Phoebe: I believe this is my mother. Even if I'm wrong, who cares? Just be a friend, okay? Be supportive.
我相信这就是我的妈妈。就算不是又怎样?做个好朋友嘛,支持下我。
Ross: I'm sorry.
对不起。
Phoebe: Okay.
没事。
Ross: I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么。
Rachel: You could say...you're sorry to her mom.
你可以向她的妈妈道歉。
Phoebe: I think she would like that.
我想她会接受。
Ross: Come here. Here, come here, come here.
过来,这里来,过来。
Mrs. Buffay? Sorry about what I said. umm, It was, it was insensitive of me to say that you were just a cat...
布菲太太?我为我说的话道歉。我实在很伤人说你只是一只猫。
when, clearly, you are also...the reincarnated spirit of my friend's mother.
很显然的,你也是我朋友的母亲 灵魂转世。
Phoebe: Thank you. We both forgive you.
谢谢你,我们都原谅你了。
Ross: Ahh.
哦。
Rachel: So honey, what are you gonna do about the little girl?
亲爱的,那个小女孩怎么办?
Phoebe: Yeah, okay, Listen. umm, Mom, I hope you know you still mean a lot to me. And you're welcome to come back anytime.
好,听我说,妈,我想让你知道,你对我依旧很重要。欢迎你随时回来。
Chandler: Pheebs, if she could come back as a couch, we'd really appreciate it.
菲比,如果她回来时是张睡椅那会更好的。
Phoebe: Come on Mom. I'll take you home.
走吧妈妈,我带你回家。
Rachel: I'll go with you.
我跟你去。
Monica: Me too.
我也去。
Ross: Oh! Y'know, I got an extra futon.
我还有个多余的蒲团。
Joey: Dude, you don't have to brag. We got nothing here.
老兄别再显摆了,我们啥都没有了。
Chandler: You know...It's peaceful out here.
你看这里好宁静。