手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第四季 > 正文

老友记 第4季:第3集 手铐游戏(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Joey: Hey! ! We are so in luck! Treeger said we could have all this cool stuff from the basement. Wait right there.

嘿!!看我们运气多好!特雷盖说地下室的东西我们随便拿。等一下。
Chandler: Oh no-no-no, I'm, I'm paddling away!
噢,不-不-不,我要划向远方!
Joey: Huh? !
哈?!
Chandler: Wow! Really? ! We get all this rusty crap for free?
我们真的要这些生锈的废物?!免费拿?
Joey: Uh-huh. This and a bunch of bubble wrap and some of it is not even popped!
是啊,这个还有很多外包装气泡膜,有些气泡甚至没破呢!
Chandler: Could we be more white trash?
我们真算得上白人垃圾。
Monica: How desperate am I?
我很绝望吗?
Rachel: Oh! Good thing Chandler's not here, he always wins at this game.
幸好钱德不在这儿,他总是最绝望的。
Monica: I just told my mom I'd cater a party for her.
我刚刚告诉我妈,我要帮她的晚会准备食物。
Phoebe: How come?
为什么要这样做?
Monica: Because I need the money, and I thought that it'd be a great way to get rid of that last little smidgeon of self-respect.
因为我需要钱,而且我那点仅存的自尊不要也罢。
Ross: Come on, I think this is a good thing. I don't think mom would've hired you if she didn't think you were good at what you do.
这是一件好事。老妈若不是觉得你厨艺精湛才不会雇你呢。
Monica: You don't have to stick up for her. She can't hear you.
你犯不着替她说好话,她又听不见。
Rachel: Hey! Umm, you guys have any juice?
嘿!你有水果汁吗?
Joey: Just pickle.
只有泡菜。
Chandler: Hey uh, Rach, funny story. I ah, bumped into Joanna on the street yesterday.
很有趣。昨天我在街上碰见乔安娜了。
Rachel: My boss Joanna? Wow, that must've been awkward.
我的老板,乔安娜?喔,很惨吧。
Chandler: Well, no, actually she uh, asked me if I wanted to get a drink.
不,实际上,她只是问我是否想一起喝一杯。
Rachel: You ah, didn't say 'Yes' to that did you?
你没答应她吧?
Chandler: No. No.
没有。
Joanna: Hello Rachel.
嘿,瑞秋。
Chandler: Well, not at first.
起初我没答应。
Rachel: What is she doing here?
她在这里做什么?
Rachel: I don't understand! Last time you went out with her you said she was a 'big, dull dud.'
我不能理解!上次你跟她约会以后还说她是个'反应迟钝的笨女人'。
Chandler: Well, I think I judged her too quickly, and this time we were able to take the relationship to the next level.
好吧,我过早对她下结论了,现在我跟她可以做进一步的发展。
Rachel: Well, last time I almost got fired. You must end it, you must end it now!
上次我差点被开除。你必须跟她绝交,立刻!
Chandler: Oh, come on! It's not like this is an everyday occurrence for me! I mean usually I'm pretty much just in there by myself.
得了吧!我又不是天天有艳遇!通常我都是独处的。
Rachel: Chandler! ! Promise.
钱德!!答应我,跟她断交。
Joanna: Rachel, aren't you running late?
瑞秋,你快迟到了吧?
Rachel: Uhh no.
没有啊。
Joanna: You are if you pick me up a bagel.
你还要给我买百吉饼。
Rachel: Ok. Chandler, promise me you will end this now.
好的,钱德勒,答应我你这次会和她分手。
Chandler: Ok, I promise, I'll end it.
好的,我答应你。
Rachel: Thank you.
谢谢。
Chandler: But I hope you know what I'm giving up for ya, because she's not just the boss in your office, you know what I mean?
希望你知道,我为了你牺牲巨大,她可不光是你的老板而已,了解我的意思吧。
Joey: Yeah-eh-eah! Oh-oh, sorry, I-I knew what he meant.
耶!抱歉,我只是了解他的意思。
Mrs. Geller: How's the hired help?
大厨进展如何?
Monica: Doing great, the quiches are coming along.
非常好,乳蛋饼已经快好了。
Mrs. Geller: What's this? Blue nail polish?
这是什么?蓝色指甲油?
Monica: Yeah, I thought it was cute.
我认为它很可爱。
Mrs. Geller: Ahh, that's what your Grandmother's hands looked like when we found her.
我们发现你祖母时,她的手就这样。
Monica: Let-let me ask you a question.
我想问你一个问题。
Mrs. Geller: Hmm.
嗯。
Monica: Why did you hire me?
为什么你要雇我?
Mrs. Geller: Oh, well Richard raved about the food at his party, 'course you were sleeping with him.
理查德办晚会那次,说你的食物非常棒,当然那时你和他睡过。
Then I heard the food at that lesbian wedding was very nice, I assume you weren't sleeping with anyone there.
而且我听说在那个女同性恋的婚礼上你的食物也大受欢迎,我假定你没和那里的什么人睡过。
So, at least that would be something.
所以我认为你可能有两把刷子。
Monica: Oh my God! Did you hear that? She hired me because she thinks I'm good.
天啊!你听到了吗?她雇我是因为,她认为我很优秀。
Phoebe: Ok, I didn't hear that.
我倒没听见。
Monica: Oh yeah, she didn't hire me out of pity, it wasn't so she could pick on me in front of her friends, she actually thinks I'm good.
她不是可怜我才雇我的,也不是她想在她的朋友前挑剔我,而是她真的认为我很优秀。
Phoebe: Wow! And hey, it's cool if you're a lesbian!
喔!如果你是个同性恋就太酷了!
The Salesman: Good afternoon, are you the decision maker of the house?
下午好,你是一家之主吗?
Joey: Uhhhh.
啊~
The Salesman: Do you ah, currently own a set of encyclopedias?
你有大百科全书吗?
Joey: No! No. But ah, try the classifieds, people sell everything in there.
没有!你可以查查分类广告,卖什么的都有。
The Salesman: Actually, I'm not buying. I'm selling. Let me ask you one question.
实际上我不想买书,我是来卖书的。我想问你一个问题。
Do your friends ever have a conversation and you just nod along even though you're not really sure what they're talking about?
朋友们聊天的时候,你是否经常频频点头却不太明白他们在说什么?
Ross: I'm telling you it's totally unconstitutional.
我告诉你这是违反宪法的。
Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, and Rachel: Oh yeah, I totally agree.
没错,我完全同意。
Monica:...I think he deserves a Nobel Prize.
我认为他应获诺贝尔奖。
All: Nooo! !
不!!
Chandler: I mean it was like the Algonquin kids table.
这就像阿尔冈琴族的小孩儿桌一样。
The Salesman: Excuse me, I'm sorry, you haven't said anything for about two and a half minutes, are you at all interested?
对不起,这两分半钟你什么也没有说,你有兴趣吗?
Joey: Yeah-well-yeah! Yeah-oh-yeah. Come on in. Come on.
耶!耶。进来。
Phoebe: That's weird.
这很神秘。
Monica: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Your nails.
你的指甲。
Monica: Oh I know, I never wear fake ones. I just did it so my mom wouldn't give me grief about me biting them.
我知道,我从不戴假指甲的。这次是为了不让我妈抱怨我咬指甲。
Phoebe: Oh. No, I meant that it's weird that you only have nine now.
不,我的意思是现在你只戴着九个。
Monica: Oh my God. Wait a minute, I had them when I put...Oh my God! It's in the quiche! Oh My God!
天啊。等一下,刚才还是十个天啊!它在乳蛋饼里!天啊!
Phoebe: Ok, don't panic. I'm gonna go to the store, I'm gonna get you another set of nails, no one's gonna know, and you're gonna look great.
别慌,我现在就去商店,我将给你带回一套新的,神不知鬼不觉,你看起来依旧完美。
Oh! Oh, it's 'cause they're gonna eat - that's the problem.
哦!但是他们会吃掉它的,这才是问题。
Mrs. Geller: Honey, don't bite your nails.
亲爱的,不要咬你的指甲。
Monica: Ok ah, please don't freak out. Umm, but ah, there's a blue fingernail in-in one of the quiche cups, and there's no way to know which one.
好吧,别惊慌,有个乳蛋饼杯里有只我的蓝指甲,谁都不知道是哪一个杯子,
Phoebe: And! Whoever finds it wins the prize!
发现指甲就可以赢大奖!
Mrs. Geller: I'm not freaking out.
我没惊慌。
Monica: Um, why are you laughing?
那你为什么笑?
Mrs. Geller: It's nothing, it's just that now your father owes me five dollars.
没什么,这样你父亲输给我5美元。
Monica: What? You bet I'd lose a nail?
什么?你打赌我会掉一个指甲吗?
Mrs. Geller: Oh no, don't be silly. I just bet I'd need these.
别傻了。我打赌我会需要这些。
Monica: Frozen lasagnas?
冰冻宽面条?
Mrs. Geller: Um-hmm.
嗯。
Monica: You bet that I'd screw up? ! It's all that stuff about hiring me because I was good was...
你信我会搞砸?“你雇我是因为我很优秀”都是假的咯......
Mrs. Geller: No, that was all true. This was just in case you pulled a Monica.
不-不-不,那是真的。准备备用食物只是怕你又“很莫尼卡”。
Monica: You promised Dr. Weinburg, you'd never use that phrase.
你答应过外恩博格教授,你不再使用这个词了。
Mrs. Geller: Oh honey, come on, have a sense of humor, you've never been able to laugh at yourself.
亲爱的,来吧,幽默一点,你从未有自嘲的风度。
Monica: Right. My mom doesn't have any faith in me! Oh, that's hilarious! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.
没错。我妈从没信任过我!好好笑!哈-哈-哈-哈。
Phoebe: I don't get it.
我不觉得好笑。
Mrs. Geller: No, I have faith...
不,我信任你......
Monica: No! You have lasagnas!
不!你只是有烤宽面条!
Oven: Ding!
(铃响)!
Phoebe: Oh, the ruined quiches are ready. Heey.
报废的乳蛋饼烤好了。
Chandler: I really don't think we should be doing this.
我认为我们不应该这样做。
Joanna: Ok.
好吧。
Chandler: It just doesn't...feel like we're breaking up.
我们好像并没有分手的样子。
Joanna: No, we are. I'm sad.
我们的确分手了。我很忧伤。
Chandler: Ok.
是的。
Joanna: Yes. Uh, can't you wait until tomorrow? All right. Aw, unbelievable! Aww.
不能等到明天吗?好吧。难以置信!!
Chandler: Thanks.
谢谢。
Joanna: No, no, that-that was my boss. I have to go.
不,不,是我的老板。我不得不走。
Chandler: Ok.
好。
Joanna: What're you doing?
你做什么?
Chandler: I'm getting dressed.
我穿衣服。
Joanna: Why?
为什么?
Chandler: When I walk outside naked people throw garbage at me.
如果我光溜溜走出去,会有人朝我扔垃圾。
Joanna: Wait. I wanna show you something.
等一下。我想给你看些东西。
Chandler: What is it?
是什么?
Joanna: Just a little gag gift somebody gave me. Put your hands together.
别人给我的一个让人兴奋的小礼物。把手并拢。
Chandler: Ah-ha, you're not the boss of me. Yeah, you are! Hmm, saucy.
啊哈,你不是我的老板。你是!好调皮。
Joanna: I'll be back in ten minutes.
10分钟后我就回来。
Chandler: You are, you're gonna leave me like this?
你就这样离开我?
Joanna: Knowing you're here, waiting for me I think it's kind of exciting, don't you?
你就乖乖地坐在这里等我,这真让人有些兴奋。
Chandler: Ok. But if you don't come back soon, there's pretty much nothing I can do about it!
好吧。但是如果你不能马上回来,我可也无计可施!
Joanna: Oh.
哦。
Sophie: Hi! I brought you back a macaroon!
嘿!我给你带了蛋白杏仁饼干!
Joanna: Oh great! I'll keep it in my butt with your nose.
太好了!这样我就可以用它撞你的鼻子了。
Rachel: That's weird, she locked the door.
奇怪,她竟然锁门。
Sophie: You know why? She's got the Christmas bonus list in there. I saw her working on it this morning.
你知道为什么吗?圣诞节的奖金清单就在里面。我早晨看见她在写。
Rachel: Ok, swear, you won't tell, but when Mark left he gave me a key to Joanna's office. You wanna see the list?
好吧,你发誓不告诉别人,马克离开前给了我一把乔安娜办公室的钥匙。你想看清单吗?
Sophie: Yeah!
耶!
Chandler: Hi! How are you?
嘿!你好?
Chandler: Hello, Joanna...'s office.
你好,乔安娜......的办公室。
Joanna: I'm really sorry but I may be a little while longer.
真的很抱歉,我可能要多呆一小会儿。
Chandler: How little? !
有多小?!
Joanna: A couple of hours, I feel awful.
几个小时,这太可怕了。
Chandler: Look, this isn't funny! You get back here right now!
看,这一点都不有趣!你要马上回来!
Joanna: I can't! !
我不能!
Chandler: Why not? !
为什么?!
Joanna: I'm in my boss's car!
我正在我老板的车里!
Chandler: What? !
什么?!
Joanna: Uh-oh, tunnel.
噢,进隧道了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
panic ['pænik]

想一想再看

n. 恐慌
adj. 惊慌的
vt.

联想记忆
desperate ['despərit]

想一想再看

adj. 绝望的,不顾一切的

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
basement ['beismənt]

想一想再看

n. 根基,地下室
n.(新英格兰)特别

联想记忆
occurrence [ə'kʌrəns]

想一想再看

n. 发生,事件,发现

联想记忆
bubble ['bʌbl]

想一想再看

n. 气泡,泡影
v. 起泡,冒泡

 
phrase [freiz]

想一想再看

n. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句
vt. 措词

联想记忆
dull [dʌl]

想一想再看

adj. 呆滞的,迟钝的,无趣的,钝的,暗的

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
cater ['keitə]

想一想再看

v. 备办食物,迎合,满足

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。