Rachel: Everybody, shh, shhh. Uhhh... Central Perk is proud to present the music of Miss Phoebe Buffay......
大家注意了,嘘,嘘。嗯…中央咖啡馆很荣幸为各位介绍Phoebe Buffay小姐的音乐。
Phoebe: Thanks. Hi. Um, I want to start with a song that's about that moment when you suddenly realize what life is really all about.
谢谢。嗨,嗯,我想先唱一首关于顿悟人生真谛的歌。
Okay, here we go. Okay, thank you very much.
开始喽...... 好吧,非常感谢。
Chandler: Oh, great. This is just...
哦,这下可好了......
Rachel: Wow, this is so cool, you guys. The entire city is blacked out!
哇,太酷了,你们看。全城都停电了!
Monica: Mom says it's all of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn and Queens, and they have no idea when it's coming back on.
我妈说是整个Manhattan外加部分Brooklyn和Queens,而且他们也不知道什么时候能来电。
Rachel: Wow, you guys, this is big.
哇,你们(看),这可是大停电。
Monica: Pants and a sweater? Why, mom?
裤子和毛衣?为什么,妈?
Who am I gonna meet in a blackout?......
停电了我能去见谁?
Power company guys? Eligible looters?...... Can we talk about this later? OK.
电力公司的人?单身趁火打劫之徒?我们以后再谈行吗?好的。
Phoebe: Can I borrow the phone? I wanna call my apartment and check on my grandma.
我能借用下电话吗?我想打回去问问我奶奶怎么样了。
Wait. What's my number?...I never call me.
等一下,我的号码是多少?我从来没给自己打过电话啊。
Chandler: Oh my God, it's her. It's that Victoria's Secret model. Something...something Goodacre.
哦,我的天,就是她。就是那个“维多利亚的秘密”的模特。什么…什么Goodacre。
Jill: Hi mom, it's Jill. Chandler: She's right. It's Jill...... Jill Goodacre.
嗨,妈,我是Jill。她说对了。是Jill,Jill Goodacre。
Oh my God. I am trapped in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre!
哦,我的天啊,我和Jill Goodacre一起被困在取款机室里了!
Is it a vestibule? Maybe it's an atrium... Oh, yeah, that is the part to focus on, you idiot!
这是前厅吗?也许是中厅。哦,你个笨蛋,就关心这个啊!
Jill: Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just stuck at the bank in an ATM vestibule.
对,我很好。我就是被困在银行一个取款机室里了。
Chandler: Jill says vestibule...I'm going with vestibule.
Jill说是前厅…... 那我也说前厅。
Jill: I'm fine. No, I'm not alone. I don't know, some guy.
我很好。不,不只我一个...... 我不认识,一个男的。
Chandler: Oh! Some guy...... Some guy. Hey Jill, I saw you with some guy last night. Yes, he was some guy...
哦!一个男的,一个男的。嗨,Jill,我昨晚看到你和一个男的在一起。对,是一个男的。
Joey: Hi, everyone...
大家好。
Ross: And officiating at tonight's black out is Rabbi Tribbiani...
今晚这个停电夜的祭司是Rabbi Tribbiani。
Joey: Well, Chandler's old roommate was Jewish and these are the only candles we have, so... Happy Chanukah, everyone...
嗯,Chandler的旧室友是个犹太人,我们也只有这些蜡烛了,所以…...祝大家光明节快乐。
Phoebe: Eww, look. Ugly Naked Guy lit a bunch of candles.
快来看。丑裸男点了一堆蜡烛。
Rachel: Wow, that had to hurt!
肯定疼死了!
Chandler: Alright, alright, alright. It's been fourteen and a half minutes and you still have not said one word. Oh God, do something. Just make contact, smile!
好吧,好吧,好吧。已经14分半了而你还是一个字也没有说。哦,上帝,做点什么,就打个招呼,微笑一下!
There you go. You're definitely scaring her.
这不就行了!你铁定是在吓她。
Jill: Hello? Oh, hi mom. Mom! Mom you're tripping. Dexter is a dog. The black out is scaring him.
喂?妈妈。妈,妈妈!你吓坏了!Dexter是一条狗,停电把它吓坏了。
You'd pee in dad's shoes too if you did't know what's going on... All right, call me back.
如果你不知道发生了什么,你也可以尿在爸爸的鞋子里。好吧,给我回电话。
Mother's Chandler: Yeah.
妈妈的。是啊。
Jill: Would you like to call somebody?
你要不要给谁打个电话?
Chandler: Yeah, thanks.
好的,谢谢。
Monica: Hello?
喂?
Chandler: Hey, it's me.
嗨,是我。
Monica: It's Chandler. Are you OK?
是Chandler!你还好吧?
Chandler: Yeah, I'm fine.
我很好。
I'm trapped...in an ATM vestibule...with Jill Goodacre!......
我被困在…取款机室…和Jill Goodacre!
Monica: What? Chandler: I'm trapped...in an ATM vestibule...with Jill Goodacre!
什么?我被困在…取款机室…和Jill Goodacre!
Monica: I have no idea what you just said.
我没搞懂你在说什么。
Chandler: Put Joey on the phone.
让Joey接电话。
Joey: What's up, man? Chandler: I'm trapped...in an ATM vestibule...with Jill Goodacre......
怎么了,兄弟?我被困在…取款机室…和Jill Goodacre
Joey: Oh my God! He's trapped in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre!... Chandler, listen, listen.
哦,我的天那!他被困在取款机室了,和Jill Goodacre在一起!Chandler,听着,听着......
Chandler: Yeah, like that thought never entered my mind...
你以为我没那么想过。
Rachel: Somebody, somebody.
谁来,谁来。
Monica: I'll go. I'll go. OK, senior year of college...on a pool table.
我来,我来。好吧,大四的时候…在台球桌上。
All: Whoooaa! Pool table?
哇!台球桌哦!
Ross: That's my sister.
那可是我妹妹啊。
Joey: OK. OK...my weirdest place would have to be...the women's room on the second floor of the New York City Public Library.
好吧…我最奇怪的地方应该就是…纽约市立图书馆二楼的女洗手间。
Monica: Oh my God! What were you doing in a library?
哦,我的天!你去图书馆做什么?
Ross: Pheebs, what about you?
Pheebs,你呢?哦…Milwaukee。
Phoebe: Oh... Milwaukee... It's a really weird place.
那真的是一个奇怪的地方。
Rachel: Ross? Ross: Disneyland, 1989, “It's a Small World After All.”
嗯…Ross?迪斯尼公园,1989年,“小世界”。
All: No way!
不会吧!
Ross: The ride broke down, so Carol and I went behind a couple of those mechanical Dutch children...
船坏了,所以我和Carol就去了那几个荷兰机器小孩后面…...
then they fixed the ride and we were asked never to return to the Magic Kingdom.
然后他们修好了船,而我们被告之永远不准再去奇幻王国了。
So, let's see, that would leave....
我们看看,还剩谁了...
Phoebe: Oh, Rachel?
哦,Rachel?
Rachel: Oh come on, I already went.
哦,别这样,我都说过了。
Monica: You did not go!
你没有!
All: Come on... Tell us... Come on.
说吧,说吧,快点告诉我们。
Rachel: Oh, alright. The weirdest place would have to be...oh, the foot of the bed.
哦,好吧。最奇怪的地方应该就是…哦,床脚。
Ross: Step back.
大家退后。
Joey: We have a winner!
冠军产生了!
Phoebe: hey, you know, this must be what the fridge looks like with the door closed... Spooky.
这应该就是冰箱关上门的时候的样子吧。太恐怖了。
Monica: Anybody hungry? We've got a Klondike … soup.
有人饿了吗?我们有Klondike…汤。
Rachel: I've just never had a relationship with that kind of passion, you know, where you have to have somebody right there in the middle of a theme park.
我从来没有过那种激情似火的感情。你知道的,就是那种你和某人在主题公园中间那样。
Ross: Well, it was the only thing to do there that didn't have a line.
嗯,如果不排队的话,就只能做那个了。
Rachel: Well, see? I mean Barry wouldn't even kiss me on a miniature golf course.
嗯,是吗?Barry甚至在迷你高尔夫球场的时候都不会吻我。
Ross: Come on.
不会吧。
Rachel: No, he said we were holding up the people behind us.
不会,他说我们挡住后面的人了。
Ross: And you didn't marry him because?
那你不和他结婚因为…?
Rachel: I mean, do you think there are people who go through life never having that kind of...
我的意思是,你觉不觉得有的人过完了一辈子,也不会有那种…
Ross: Probably. But you know, I'll tell you something. Passion is way overrated.
也许吧。不过我告诉你,人们对于激情过高估计了。
Rachel: Yeah right.
是啊。
Ross: It is. Eventually, it kind of...burns out. But hopefully, what you're left with is trust and security and...well, in the case of my exwife, lesbianism.
就是这样。最终激情都会燃烧殆尽。但是希望留给你们的是信任和安全,还有像我前妻这样,女同性恋关系。
So, you know, for all of those people who miss out on that passion thing, there's all that other good stuff.
所以,要知道,对于那些错过了激情…之类的人来说,还会有很多其他美好的东西。
Rachel: OK. Ross: But, um...I don't think that's gonna be you.
好吧。不过,嗯…我觉得你不会那样的。
Rachel: You don't.
你不这么认为。
Ross: Uhuh. See, I see.... a big passion in your future.
呃呃,嗯,我看到…你未来会有非常大的激情。
Rachel: Really?
真的吗?
Ross: Em.
真的。
Rachel: You do?
你确定?
Ross: I do.
确定一定以及肯定。
Rachel: Oh Ross, you're so great.
哦,Ross,你太好了。
Joey: never gonna happen.
永远都不会发生的。
Ross: What?
什么?
Joey: You and Rachel...
你和Rachel。
Ross: What? Me and Ra? What? Why not?
什么?我和瑞?为什么不会?
Joey: Because you've waited too long to make your move and now you're in the "friend zone"
因为你等太久都不行动,现在你已经在朋友区了。
Ross: No, no, no. I'm not in the zone.
不,不,不。我没在那个区。
Joey: Ross, you're the mayor of the zone.
Ross,你是那个区的区长。
Ross: I'm taking my time, alright? I'm laying the groundwork. Yeah, I mean, every day I get just a little bit closer to...
我正在一步步来,好吗?我正在打好基础。对,我的意思是,我每天都前进一小步,更接近….
Joey: Priesthood!
更接近神父!
Joey: Look Ross, I'm telling you, she has no idea what you're thinking.
Ross,我告诉你,她根本不知道你在想什么。
Ross: Oh yeah, she just ran her fingers through my hair.
是吗,她刚刚用她的手指缕我的头发。
Were you missing that interaction?
你记得刚刚那种互动吗?
Joey: No, no, no.
不,不,不。
This is running fingers through your hair, okay? Now this is a tousle...
这才是缕你的头发。这不过是弄乱你的头发罢了。
Look, Ross, if you don't ask her out soon, you're gonna end up stuck in the zone forever.
Ross,如果你不尽快约她,你将永远呆在那个区了。
Ross: I will, I will. I'm just waiting for the right momentWhat, now?
我会的,我会的。嗯,我只是在等一个好时机。什么,现在吗?
Joey: Yeah.
是的呀。
What's messing you up? The wine? The candles? The moonlight? You just gotta go up to her and you gotta say, 'Rachel, I think that...'
你还缺什么?酒?蜡烛?月光?你只需要直接走上去,对她说说,“Rachel,我想…”
Ross: Shhhh!...
嘘!
Rachel: shushing? Ross: We're shushing...because...we're trying to hear something. Rachel: What?
嘘什么?我们在嘘…因为…我们在尝试听一种声音。什么声音?
Ross: Don't you hear that?
你没听见吗?
Rachel: Ahhhh! Ross: See?
哦!听到了吧?
Rachel: Huh...
呃。
Jill: Would you like some gum?
想来片口香糖吗?
Chandler: Oh, is it sugarless?
嗯,是无糖的吗?
Jill: Sorry, it's not.
不好意思,不是
Chandler: Then no, thanks. (What the hell was that? )
哦那不用了,谢谢。
Mental note: If Jill Goodacre offers you gum, you take it. If she offers you mangled animal carcass, you take it.
记住:如果Jill Goodacre请你吃口香糖,你就吃。如果她请你吃撕烂的动物尸体,你也得吃。
Phoebe: New York City has no power; And the milk is getting sour; But to me it is not scary; Because I stay away from dairy...la la la, la la, la la...
纽约没有电,牛奶在发酸。不过没关系,因为我不喝牛奶…... 啦啦啦,啦啦,啦啦…...
Ross: OK, here it goes.
好吧,就这么办。
Joey: Are you gonna do it?
你决定啦?
Ross: I'm gonna do it.
我决定了。
Joey: Do you want me to help?
需要我帮助吗?
Ross: If you come out there, you're a dead man.
如果你要在那出现,你就死定了。
Joey: Good luck, man.
祝你好运,兄弟。
Ross: Thanks. OK.
谢谢。好了。
Joey: OK.
好。
Joey: Hey, where are you going?
喂,你要去哪里?
Monica: Outside.
外面啊。
Joey: No, no, you can't go out there.
不不,你不能去那儿。
Monica: Why not? Joey: Because of...the reason.
什么不能?因为…一个原因。
Monica: And that would be?
那么原因是?
Joey: I, um, can't tell you.
呃,我不能告诉你。