Joey: Uh Robert, could you ah, ha uh, pass me those cookies?
把饼干拿给我好吗?
Robert: Sure.
没问题。
Robert: Ball? Yeah!
要打球吗? 是的!
Monica: So, how'd the lasagna go over? Really? ! Good. So you owe me three pretty things. Yeah, I've been thinking a lot about you too.
他们喜不喜欢意大利面?真的?很好。现在你欠我三样礼物了。我一直在想着你的事。
I know. That's hard this whole platonomy thing. It's a word! Yeah, I do think it's better this way. Yeah, we're being smart. Yes, I'm sure.
这种柏拉图恋情很不容易。这是一个词。我觉得这样比较好。这样才是明智之举。对,我肯定。
Richard: You really sure?
你真的肯定?
Monica: I'll call you back.
我稍后再打给你。
Monica: So we can be friends who sleep together.
我们可以当有性关系的朋友。
Richard: Absolutely, this'll just be something we do, like racquetball.
没错,这不代表什么。就像打壁球一样。
Monica: Sounds smart and healthy to me. So um, just out of curiosity, um, do you currently have any other racquetball buddies?
听起来聪明又健康。不过基于好奇心你还有几个打壁球的伙伴?
Richard: Just your dad. Although that's actually racquetball. You know I I do have a blind date with my sister's neighbor next Tuesday. Do you want me to cancel it?
只有你爸爸一个。显然那是真的壁球。我下星期二要和我妹妹的邻居约会。你希望我取消吗?
Monica: No! No! Yeah.
不要! 是啊。
Monica:'Cause if you did that means you'd be canceling it for me...we're just friends. Exactly.
如果你取消,那就是为我取消的 而我们只是朋友。 没错。
Monica: And besides you know what? It wouldn't be fair anyway because uh, my mother is trying to set me up with some lawyer.
另外,尽管这样不公平,因为我妈妈要撮合我跟律师。
Richard: So who's this lawyer?
哪个律师?
Monica: Oh, no she doesn't actually have one. Uh, but she's looking.
不,她并没有人选,但她一直在寻觅。
Robert: Hey. Hey. Ooh! Don't sit down!
嘿。 嘿。哦!不要坐!
Robert: Ready to go to the batting cage? Yeah you bet. And, first here's a gift.
可以走了吗? 可以。不过先送你一个礼物。
Chandler: Stretchy pants! Why, those are the greatest things in the world! If I were you I would wear them every day, every day!
伸缩内裤!世界上最好的东西!如果是我,我会天天穿!
Robert: Jeez, thank you really that's, that's so nice. But um, to be honest, I don't think I can wear these, they're so tight, I feel like I'm on display. I'm sorry.
谢谢,真的,你太体帖了。不过说老实话,我看我不能穿。这东西太紧了,我会觉得轮廓能被别人看到。对不起。
Phoebe: That's all right. uh...I figured...
没关系。啊 我再想办法
Robert: Hey! Hey! How's it going?
嘿! 嘿!大家好吗?
Ross: Good. Hey, Rach, how're you doing with The Shining?
很好。 “闪灵”好不好看?
Rachel: Oh, Danny just went into room 217.
丹尼刚走进217号房。
Joey: Oooh, the next part's the best, when that dead lady in the bathtub... Oh, no, meh nah nah nah, come on you're gonna ruin it!
下面是最精彩的!浴缸里的死女人 这样就不好看了!
Joey: All right I'll talk in code. Remember when the kid sees those two blanks in the hallway?
我用密码说。记得小孩在走廊看到那两个“什么”吗?
Chandler: Hmmm, that's very cool.
对,那里很好看。
Joey: Oh, all blank, and no blank, make's blank a blank blank. Oh no no no, no, the end, when Jack almost kills them all with that blank, but then at last second they get away. Aww!
所有的“什么”都把 “什么”弄成“什么”。不,讲结局。杰克差点用“什么” 杀了他们。不过到最后关头,他们还是跑了。
Rachel: Joey! I can't believe you just did that!
你居然做这种事。
Chandler: I can't believe she cracked your code!
她居然识破你的密码。
Rachel: All right, ok, Laurie proposes to Jo, and she says no, even though she's still in love with him, and then he ends up marring Amy.
好,劳瑞跟乔求婚,她拒绝了,虽然她其实爱着他。他后来娶了爱美。
Joey: Hey! Mine was by accident! All right, the boiler explodes and destroys the hotel, and kills the dad.
我不是存心要讲的!锅炉爆炸,烧毁旅馆,那个爸爸也被烧死了。
Rachel: Eh. Beth dies.
贝丝死了。
Joey: Beth, Beth dies? Um hmm.
贝丝死了? 嗯哼。
Joey: Is that true? If I keep reading is Beth gonna die?
真的吗?如果继续看下去,贝丝就会死?
Chandler: No, Beth doesn't die, she doesn't die. Does she Rachel? What? !
不,贝丝不会死,她不会死。对不对,瑞秋? 啥?
Ross: Joey's asking if you've just ruined the first book he's ever loved that didn't star Jack Nicholson?
乔伊问的是你是不是破坏了,他喜欢的第一本不是由杰克尼克尔森当主角的小说?
Rachel: No. She doesn't die.
不,她不会死。
Joey: Then why would you say that? !
那你干嘛这么说?
Rachel: Because, I wanted to hurt you.
因为我故意要伤害你。
Robert: Oh, there they are! I I dropped my keys. Oh my...
在这里,我的钥匙掉了。 哦我
Robert: Got 'em.
找到了。
Monica: Hi.
嘿。
Rachel: Sorry. I'm sorry.
对不起,对不起。
Monica: You would not believe my day! I had to work two shifts, and then to top it off, I lost one of my fake boobs, in a grill fire.
你一定不敢相信我今天有多惨。我上了两个班,除此之外,我的假乳又被烤炉的火烧了。
What're you smiling at?
你在笑什么?
Rachel: I'm sorry, I was just thinking your day could still pick up.
我在想你可能会遇到好事。
Monica: Yeah, right.
没错。
Richard: Hello.
嘿。
Monica: I love this friend thing!
我喜欢这种朋友关系!
Phoebe: Listen, Robert's gonna be here any second. So, could one of you just tell him? Oh.
劳勃马上就要来了,你们哪个人跟他说好吗? 哦。
Phoebe: Please, right now, no, every time I see him it's like 'Is it on the loose?' 'Is it watching me?'
拜托,马上说。我一见他就想“那玩意儿,是不是晃来晃去看着我”。
Chandler: We can't tell him, you can't go up to a guy you barely know and talk about his stuff.
我们不能跟他说,你不能跟素昧平生的人谈他的“那东西儿”。
Ross: He's right, even if it's to say something complimentary.
他说得对。就算是赞美也不行。
Chandler: Why don't you just tell him? You're going out with him.
你为何不直接跟他说?你要跟他出去。
Phoebe: Oh no, way too awkward. No. I haven't even seen it with permission yet. So. .so what do I do? Just, you know, break up with him?
太难了,不,我还从没被允许看那玩意儿。我能做什么?跟他分手?
Ross: I don't know. I think this is an unsolvable problem.
我不知道,我认为这是个难以解决的问题。
Chandler: It's a curiat mariah. The unsolvable problem they gave to Captain Kirk as part of his training to be a starfleet commander.
这是个“居里特马瑞”。柯克船长的无法完成的任务,是他成为星舰指挥官训练的一部分。
Ross: Call it yashi maru.
那个训练叫“小林丸”.
Chandler: What's a curiat mariah?
那么“居里特马瑞”是什么?
Ross: It's the place with the cheap rooms we stayed in Israel.
是我们在伊拉克时住的便宜旅馆的名字。
Robert: Hey! Hey.
嘿! 嘿。
Robert: So you ready for the gym? They got this new rock climbing wall, we can can spot each other.
可以去健身了吗?有一面新的攀岩墙。我们可以互相侦查。
Phoebe: Yeah, I can spot you from here.
我从这里就可以侦查你。
Robert: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Ok, listen, Robert...
听我说,劳勃
Ross: Hey, don't we have to... Yeah, we got, um hmm
我们不是要 对,我们要
Phoebe: Umm, I think you're really, really great... Oh...God! Here we go again. Why does this keep happening to me?
我觉得你这个人真的很棒 哦 老天,又来了。为什么老是发生这种事?
Is it something I'm putting out there? Is this my fault? Or am I just nuts?
我什么东西让你不高兴?这是我的错吗?或者是我傻傻的?
Phoebe: I I I I I don't know, I don't know what to say.
我不知道,我不知道该怎么说。
Gunther: Hey buddy, this is a family place, put the mouse back in the house. Ow!
老弟?这是阖家光临的地方。把老鼠放回屋里去。 啊!
Richard: Really? ! Well, it's just like everyone else's apartment. It's got rooms, walls, and ceilings.
真的?这间公寓很普通啊。一样有房间、墙壁和天花板。
Richard's Date: Well, I just wanted to see where you lived. Now, give me the tour.
我只是想看看你住的地方。带我参观参观。
Monica: Oh my God! Oh my God!
我的天!
This is the living room. That's nice.
这里是客厅。 真舒适。
Richard: All right. And this is the kitchen. Oh, that's real pretty. Wait a minute, don't I get to see the bedroom?
这里是厨房。 真漂亮。等一下。我不能参观卧室吗?
Richard: The bedroom. Well it's pretty much your typical...bedroom.
这是很普通的 卧室。
Richard's Date: We're still on this side of the door. Um hmm. Yeah, but I didn't get to see it.
我们还在门的这一头。 嗯。 我还没看到。
Richard: Oh shoot! Maybe next time. Thanks for a lovely evening.
要命!下次吧。今晚非常愉快。
Monica: So um, who who is she?
她是谁?
Richard: Oh, that was the blind date that I told you about, she called and switched it from Tuesday.
我跟你说过,就是我妹妹介绍的人。她打电话来改期到今天。
Monica: Ah...Did you like her? And I'm just asking as a friend, because I am totally fine with this.
哦 你喜欢她吗?我是以朋友的身份问的,因为我不会不高兴。
Richard: Well, you seem fine.
你看起来很高兴。
Monica: Ok, you know what, I'm not fine, I'm not. I mean how can I be fine, hearing you come in with her, she wants to see your bedroom...
好,你知道吗?我不高兴,我很不高兴。我怎么高兴得起来?听到你跟她进来。她还想参观你的卧室
You know what, what if we're friends who don't see other people?
你知道吗?我们或许可以做朋友,但不跟其他人交往。
Richard: You mean like exclusive friends?
你是说“专属的”朋友?
Monica: Why not? ! I mean this's been the most amazing week. I mean, would it be so terrible? Even if we were friends who, who lived together.
有何不可?我是说,这个星期美好极了。这也没什么不好吧。我们还可以一面做朋友一面住在一起。
Or, maybe someday friends who, who stood up in front of their other friends, and vowed to be friends forever.
或许有一天,可以站在其他朋友面前发誓当一辈子的朋友。
Richard: Wow. You know we're back where we were. Honey, I would love to do all that, but nothing's changed.
噢。我们又回到原点了。亲爱的,我求之不得,但一切都没有改变。
Monica: That's not true, you don't have a moustache.
不是这样的,你把胡子刮掉了。
Richard: Ok, ok, one thing's changed. But we still want different things and we know how this is gonna end.
好吧,有一件事改变了。但我们生活目标仍不同,我们都知道结局会怎么样。
Monica: You know what, I gotta walk out of here right now, 'cause getting over you is the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. Um, I don't think I could do it again.
你知道吗?我得马上离开这个房间。因为忘记你是我一生中最不容易的一件事。我想我再也做不到了。
Richard: I know I couldn't.
我知道我做不到。
Monica: Yeah.
是啊。
Richard: So...
那
Monica: How about one last game of racquetball?
再打最后一场壁球怎么样?
Monica: Watch the thorns! Ow! !
小心玫瑰刺! 噢!!
Rachel: What?
怎么了?
Joey: Beth is really, really sick. Awwww.
贝丝病得很重很重。 哦。
Joey: Jo's there, but I don't think there's anything she could do.
乔在陪她,但我想她也没办法。
Rachel: Joey? Yeah. You wanna put the book in the freezer?
乔伊? 嗯。 你要把书放在冰箱里吗?
Joey: Ok. Ok.
好的。 好的。