Mike: Thank you guys for having us over.
谢谢你们准备了这一切。
Phoebe: Oh! Yeah, this is fun, couples night.
这是为可爱的夫妻准备的。
Chandler: Yeah, I don't know why we don't hang out with married couples more often.
我不知道为什么我们不多来几次这样的聚会。
Monica: Well, because every time we do, you make jokes about swinging and scare them away.
也许是因为每次我们吃饭你总是开玩笑要夫妻交换,把他们吓跑了。
Chandler: You mean that Portuguese couple? Yeah, like you wouldn't have done it.
你是指那对葡萄牙夫妇?好像你没这样做过一样。
Ross: Hey, you guys...I've great news.
嗨,大伙...我有个好消息。
Monica: Ross, we're kind of in the middle of diner here.
罗斯,我们似乎还在吃饭。
Ross: Oh, well, er, I already ate, but sure! Guess what happened at work today.
呃...我已经吃过了,不过...好吧!猜猜今天工作上发生了什么?
Chandler: A dinosaur died a million years ago?
一只恐龙在一百万年前死了?
Ross: Uh, try sixty-five million years ago, and then try sshhh. My uh tenure review board met today and I hear it's looking really good.
应该是6千5百万年前。请闭嘴。我的工作续约考察会议今天开了,我听说进展得不错。
Phoebe: Wow!
哇哦。
Ross: Yeah. Do you have any idea what this means in academic circles, uh? I am gonna get laid.
你知道这在学术圈子里意味着什么吗,我可以留下来了。
Rachel: Hi, you guys.
嘿,大伙。
All: Hey.
嘿。
Rachel: Ooh, Italian!
哦,意大利菜!
Monica: No one, no one wanted seconds, right?
没人,没人想歇一下吗?
Ross: No, no. I'm...I'm good.
不,不。我很好。
Rachel: Hey, you guys, you're never gonna believe it. This headhunter called me. I have a meeting tomorrow with Gucci. Gucci wants me.
嘿,你们一定不相信?猎头给我打了电话说古奇(Gucci)要面试我。古奇要聘用我。
Ross: I'm up for tenure.
我可以续约了。
Rachel: Congratulations!
祝贺你。
Ross: You too! What're the odds?
你也是。真巧!
Joey: Guess what? I finally got that seed out of my teeth.
猜发生了什么?我终于把那个核从我的牙齿里弄出来了。
Monica: I don't know who I'm happiest for.
我真不知道我最该为谁感到高兴?
Phoebe: I do, he's been working on that all day!
我知道,他一整天都在弄它!
Phoebe: Hey Mon? Was it weird changing your name to Geller-Bing?
嘿,莫妮卡,把你的名字改成盖勒·宾奇怪吗?
Monica: No, no. It felt nice to acknowledge this.
不,不。感觉这样也挺好。
Phoebe: Where did you go to do it?
你在哪里办的?
Monica: Uhm the uh, the...the ministry...of names...bureau.
呃...姓名...服务...事务...所。
Chandler: You never did it.
你没有改!
Monica: I'm sorry. It's just the idea of, of being an official Bing!
我很抱歉。只是这个成为正式的宾的想法!
Chandler: Hey! I will have you know that...aah, who am I kidding. Let's call the kid Geller and let Bing die with me.
嘿!我得让你知道...啊。我真是在开玩笑。就让孩子叫盖勒吧,让宾随着我到死。
Mike: Here you go.
给你。
Phoebe: Thanks! Honey, would you want me to take your name?
谢谢亲爱的,你想要我随你的名字吗?
Mike: Oh, it's just...It's up to you. It's your name. You've got to live with it.
你决定吧。这是你的名字。你有特权。
Phoebe: All right, let's see, call me Mrs.Hannigan.
让我想想。叫我汉尼根夫人。
Chandler: Mrs.Hannigan?
汉尼根夫人?
Phoebe: What? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something? Ooh, I like it.
什么?你没看见我在忙吗?我喜欢。
Joey: Hey guys.
嘿,大伙!
Chandler: Hey, Joe! We've got a couple of things we gotta check out at the new house. You wanna come with us?
嘿,乔!我们还有些事要做,我们要去看新房子。你想和我们一起去吗?
Joey: No, thank you.
不,谢了。
Monica: All right. I know you're not happy about us moving, but you're the only one who hasn't seen the house.
好吧。我知道我们搬家你不高兴,但你是唯一没有看过我们新房子的人。
Chandler: Yeah, come with us. You'll see how close it is to the city.
是啊。和我们一起去吧。你会知道那离城很近。
Joey: But no, it's not close. You said it was in escrow? I couldn't even find it on the map.
不,才不近。你说它在“契约”里?我在地图上都找不到那地方。
Chandler: No Joey, escrow is...there's money in...it's not the bank exactly...I don't know what it is.
不,乔伊,契约是...有钱在里面...而且...却不是银行...我不知道它是什么。
Monica: Joey, please come. It means so much to us.
乔伊,求你来吧。你对我们真的很重要。
Joey: You know what? You are my friends, I wanna be supportive, I will come with you. Shotgun!
知道吗?你们是我的朋友,我会支持,我会和你们一起去的。决定了!
Chandler: Damn it.
太好了。
Monica: All right, see you guys later.
好,一会见。
Phoebe: Ok!
好。
Monica: I'll pick you up at eleven.
我们在11点接你。
Joey: Ok.
好。
Monica: So glad you're coming.
真高兴你能来。
Joey: All right.
好。
Phoebe: Good for you. That was really mature.
真不错。你够成熟了。
Joey: What? No, the only reason I'm going to their stupid new house, is so I can point out everything that's wrong with it, so they don't move. I'm gonna make them stay here.
什么?不,我去那所破房子唯一的原因是,我能说出里面所有的缺点,让他们不要住进去。我要他们留在这里。
Mike: You're a strange kind of grown-up.
你的成熟太奇怪了。
Phoebe: Joey, you can't make someone do something they don't wanna do. Believe me, there's something I've been trying to get Mike to do in bed and there's, he's just...
乔伊,你不能让别人做他们不愿做的事。相信我,有些事我想让麦克在床上做,但他....
Mike: Can we not talk about that now?
我们现在不谈那个好吗?
Phoebe: All right, prude. Look, Monica and Chandler really love this house. You are not gonna talk them into staying here.
好吧,假正经。听着,莫妮卡和钱德真的很喜欢那所房子。你不应该说服他们住在这里。
Joey: Hey, hey...I can convince people to do anything, you know. I bet I can even get Mike to do that "thing". What is it?
嘿,我能说服人们做任何事情。我打赌我能让麦克做那事。那是什么?
Joey: I am not gonna help you do that! Oh, my God.
我才不要帮你做那个!哦,我的天。
Rachel: Hi, I'm here to see Mr. Campbell, with Gucci. The reservation is probably under Gucci. It's...it's spelled like Gukki, which could be confusing.
嗨,我来见古奇的坎贝尔先生。这个位子也许就是在古奇名下预定的。拼起来像"拜火教徒"(Gukki),也许会弄错!
Maitre d': Mr.Campbell's not here yet. Let me show you to his table.
坎贝尔先生现在还没到。让我把你带到他的位子。
Rachel: Oh my God! That's my boss. You have to seat us somewhere else.
哦,我的天!那是我的老板。你必须把位子安排在别处。
Maitre d': I'm sorry. That's always Mr.Campbell's table.
我很抱歉。这一直是坎贝尔先生的桌子。
Rachel: But my, but my boss cannot see me. I'm interviewing for another job.
但我的老板不能在这看到我。我在面试另一个工作。
Maitre d': I know. With Gukki.
我知道,面试"拜火教徒"(Gukki).
Mr Zellner: Rachel?
瑞秋。
Rachel: Hi! I'm on a date.
嗨!我在约会。
Mr Zellner: That's great!
太好了。
Rachel: Yeah, it is. Yeah, you know, it's tough. Single mom, career. You gotta get out there.
是啊。这是艰苦的。单身母亲,工作啊,你必须脱离苦海。
Mr Zellner: Well, you got uhm...good energy.
呃,你很有精力。
Rachel: Oh.
哦。
Mr Campbell: Rachel?
瑞秋?
Rachel: Yes, hi!
是的,嗨。
Mr Campbell: James Campbell.
詹姆斯·坎贝尔。
Rachel: Hi!
嗨!
Mr Campbell: Hi.
嗨!
Rachel: Excuse us.
借过。
Mr Campbell: Please.
请坐。
Rachel: Ok.
好。
Rachel: Oh, yeah...Oh he's cute! Thank you, JewHunks. com, huh?
哦,是啊...他很可爱。感谢,JewHunks.com(约会网站),是吧?
Mr Campbell: So...your résumé is quite impressive.
所以...你的简历令人印象深刻。
Rachel: Wha...My résumé? I wouldn't, I wouldn't call my...my online dating profile a résumé.
我的简历...我不会,我不会把我的私人约会文件称做简历。
Mr Campbell: Dating profile? I-I-I'm talking about the work résumé.
约会简历?不,我是说...我是说工作简历。
Rachel: Whatever happened to just singing for no reason? Huh?
不论发生什么,就只是毫无理由得唱歌。是吧?
Mr Campbell: Maybe people...found it weird...So, why do you wanna leave Ralph Lauren?
也许别人...觉得奇怪...那么,你为什么想离开罗夫罗兰?
Rachel: What? I-I don't.
什么?我,我没有。
Mr Campbell: You don't?
你没有?
Rachel: No, I-I-I love it there.
不。我喜欢那里。
Mr Campbell: Well, if you don't wanna leave, why are we having this lunch?
如果你不想离开,为什么我们在这里吃午饭呢?
Mr Campbell: What?
什么?
Mr Campbell: That's Hugo Boss?
那是Hugo Boss(著名品牌)?
Mr Zellner: Uh, I believe what she was trying to tell you is that I'm her boss.
我觉得她想告诉你的是我是她老板。
Mr Campbell: Mr. Boss. It is a pleasure to meet you.
鲍斯(音同老板)先生。见到你很高兴。
Phoebe: Uh...This place is so depressing. If I'd to work here I'd kill myself. But you obviously haven't.
啊...这个地方太令人压抑了。如果我在这里工作,我会自杀的。显然你不会。
Clerk: How can I help you?
我能帮你吗?
Phoebe: Uh, I need to change my name, please. See, I need to change it 'cause I'm...I'm hiding from the law. You're fun.
我想要改我的名字。我想改掉它...因为我在逃避法律的制裁。你很有趣。
Clerk: Please fill out this form.
请填一下这个表格。
Phoebe: Ok, well, I just don't, I don't know how it works exactly. See, my name is uh Buffay and my husband's name is Hannigan, so is it supposed to be Buffay-Hannigan or Hannigan-Buffay?
好,我只是不知道应该怎么做 看,我叫布菲我丈夫叫汉尼根。那么应该是布菲汉尼根,还是汉尼根布菲?
Clerk: It can be anything you want.
你想什么就是什么。
Phoebe: Well, not anything, I mean...
好吧,任何名字?
Clerk: Yeah...anything.
是...任何。
Phoebe: Oh, this could take a while.
哦,那需要花些时间。
Clerk: Get out of my line.
站到一边去。
Phoebe: Ok.
好。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿。
Monica: Hey Pheebs.
嘿,菲比。
Phoebe: Oh, not anymore. I changed it today.
不再是了。我今天改了我的名字。
Monica: Oh, I'm sorry, Mrs.Hannigan.
抱歉。汉尼根夫人。
Phoebe: Wrong again! Apparently you can change it to anything you want. So I thought, all right, here's an opportunity to be creative. So meet Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.
又错了。显然你能改成任何你想要的名字。所以我想,好吧,这是发挥想像力的好机会。所以来见过康斯薇拉·巴娜娜·哈莫克(意为香蕉吊床)公主。
Chandler: That's what we're gonna name the baby.
那是我想给我们宝宝的名字。
Monica: Phoebe!
菲比。
Phoebe: Uh! Princess Consuela.
康斯薇拉公主。
Monica: You seriously changed your name to that?
你真的把你的名字改成那个了?
Phoebe: Uh-huh!
嗯哈。
Monica: Ok, so from now on we have to call you Princess Consuela?
好吧,从今往后我们得叫你康斯薇拉公主了。
Phoebe: Uhm, no. I'm...I'm gonna have my friends call me Valerie.
额,不。我想让我的朋友叫我瓦莱丽(意为强壮的人).
Chandler: Hey, how'd the interview go?
嘿,面试如何?
Rachel: Oh! It's not good.
不妙。
Chandler: You know, I always feel that way after an interview. I'll bet it went better than you think.
你知道吗,面试后我经常有这感觉。但我打赌肯定比你想得好。
Rachel: Well, I didn't get the job at Gucci and I got fired from Ralph Lauren.
哎,我没有得到古奇的工作,还丢了罗夫罗兰的工作。
Chandler: That is a bad interview.
那面试的确不好。
Phoebe: What're you, what're you talking about? How did this happen?
你在说什么呀?怎么会这样?
Rachel: Well, my boss was at the same restaurant where I was having my interview and he heard everything. So later he calls me to his office and he tells me that he's gonna have to let me go, because I'm not a team player.And I said "Wait a minute! No, yes I am." and then I had to sit there for 45 minutes while he proved that that in fact...was true.
我老板在同一家餐厅,我在那里面试他听见了一切。后来他把我叫到他的办公室,告诉我他要解雇我因为我没有团队意识。然后我说“等等,我有团队意识”然后我得在那里坐45分钟而他证明了,事实是这样的。
Monica: God. I'm so sorry.
哦,真抱歉。
Ross: Hey! Wha-hoo! Wh-what's this? Well it's a, it's a bottle of champagne. Why is this here?
嘿这,这是什么?是一瓶香槟!它为什么在这?
Phoebe: Ross...
罗斯...
Ross: I guess it's here...because I got tenure!
我想是...因为我得到了续约!
All: Congratulations!
恭喜你。
Ross: This is the single greatest day of my professional career. Gunther, six glasses!
这是我职业生涯中最伟大的一天。甘瑟,6个杯子。
Gunther: Six? You...you want me to join you?
6个?你要我也喝?
Ross: Oh, I thought Joey was here. Five is good. Well, I'm gonna have a loogie in my coffee tomorrow.
我以为乔伊也在这儿。5个好了。明天我要小心我咖啡里的粘稠物了。
Phoebe: Ok, I'll tell him.
好吧,我告诉他。
Rachel: No no, nobody tell him. This is a big night for him. I don't wanna spoil it.
不不,谁也别告诉他今晚对他很重要。我不想破坏它。
Monica: Are you sure?
你确定?
Rachel: Yeah, I'll be fine.
对,确定。
Ross: Ok, everybody, take one, ok?
好吧。大家都来一杯怎样?
Chandler: Ooh! Israeli champagne. And it's vanilla!
以色列香槟(比较低档)还是香草味的。
Ross: I got tenure. I didn't win the lottery. Hey Rach, so uh...how did your thing go?
我有了续约,但我没有赢彩票。嘿,瑞秋,你的事怎么了?
Rachel: Oh it good! Yeah, but I'm not gonna hear from that for a couple of days.
挺好,但是要几天以后再出结果。
Ross: Oh, you know what? You're gonna get it. I-I-I-I can feel it.
你知道吗?你会得到工作的。我能感觉到。
Phoebe: Can ya?
你能吗?
Rachel: Ah, all right. Here's to Ross!
好的,为了罗斯。
Ross: And-and two years of hard work finally paying off.
两年的辛苦工作终于有了回报。
Phoebe: And to knowing that your career doesn't mean everything.
为了明白工作并不意味着什么。
Ross: But also knowing it means a lot.
也为了了解它意味着很多。
Monica: But more importantly to full well-rounded lives.
但是更为了多彩丰富的生活。
Ross: that center around work.
以工作为中心。
Chandler: To Ross!
为了罗斯。
All: Ross!
为了罗斯。
Ross: You know what the best part about this is? I can never be fired.
你知道最棒的是什么吗?我永远都不会失业。
Phoebe: Oh God!
哦,天啊。
Ross: No seriously. I have job security for life. You know, I mean I never have to worry. Oh. Oh, look at you. Look how happy you are for me.
不,正经得说。我有了终生工作保障。你知道,我是说我永远都不会为它而担心。看看你。看你多为我高兴。
Rachel: No, it's not that. I got fired today. And I didn't get the other job.
不,不是那样,我今天被辞退了。而且又没有得到新的工作。
Ross: Rach, I'm so sorry.
瑞秋,很抱歉。
Rachel: Oh!
哦!
Ross: Great. I feel like an idiot.
好吧。我觉得自己像个白痴。
Rachel: No, it's ok, you didn't know.
不,没什么。你不知道。
Ross: Oh...
噢...
Ross: Little heads-up would've been nice.
你们要是给我小小的警告应该会很好。