Let's see, Raj was the kung pao chicken. I'm the dumplings. Yes, you are. Creepy, Howard.
那个...宫保鸡丁是Raj的。我是饺子。没错。太恶心了,霍华德。
Creepy good or creepy bad?
恶心的可爱还是纯粹的恶心?
Who was the shrimp with lobster sauce?
小虾米配龙虾酱是谁的?
That would be me. Come to papa, you unkosher delight. I'm not necessarily talking to the food.
我的,来吧,你这肮脏的小美味。我不仅仅是对食物说的。
Sit over there. Sit over there. Baby wipe?
别坐这儿。别坐这儿。要婴儿卫生纸么?
Why do you have...No, don't ask! No, don't, don't! I'll tell you why.
你为啥...别问!不!不要!我来告诉你为什么吧,
I had to sanitize my hands because the university replaced the paper towels in the rest rooms with hot air blowers.
我得清洁一下我的手,学校厕所的手纸都换成干手机了。
I thought the blowers were more sanitary. Really, don't. Why...
我还以为干手机会干净点。千万别问了。为啥要再问。
Hot air blowers are incubators and spewers of bacteria and pestilence.
干手机是细菌和瘟疫的发源地,
Frankly, it'd be more hygienic if they just had a plagueinfested gibbon sneeze my hands dry.
坦白说用吹风机还不如让得瘟疫的长臂猿用喷嚏我手喷干来得卫生。
Hey, guys, I just got the most amazing news...
嘿大伙们,我有惊世奇闻...
Gosh, Raj, do you think you'll ever be able to talk in front of me without being drunk?
哟Raj,你觉得你还有可能在清醒时和我说话么?
Okay, well, I'll just, um, go eat by myself.
好吧我还是自己一个人回房吃算了。
Penny, you don't have to do that.
佩妮没必要这样吧。
Oh, it's okay, between him not talking, him talking and him...I'm better off alone. Goodbye, you poor, strange little man.
没关系的,比起他不说话他乱说话还有他...我一个人舒坦多了。再见了可怜的小怪人。
She's so considerate. So what's your news?
她可真体贴什么事呀?
Remember that little planetary object I spotted beyond the Kuiper Belt?
还记得我透过古柏带观察到的类似行星的物体吗?
Oh, yeah, 2008NQ Sub17. Or as I call it, Planet Bollywood.
记得啊,2008NQ sub 17。我将它命名为宝莱坞行星。
Anyway, because of my discovery, People magazine is naming me one of their 30 under 30 to watch.
总之因为我的发现,人物杂志已经提名我为30岁以下30大焦点人物之一。
Congratulations. that's incredible.
恭喜你呀。真是太赞了。
Excuse me, 30 what under 30 what to watch what?
抱歉,30岁以下的什么30大人物的什么焦点?
30 visionaries under 30 years of age to watch as they challenge the preconceptions of their fields.
三十位未及而立之年的梦想家挑战他们各自领域里的种种传统臆断。
If I had a million guesses, I never would have gotten that.
让我猜一万次都猜不着。
It's pretty cool. They've got me in with a guy who's doing something about hunger in Indonesia, and a psychotherapist who's using dolphins to rehabilitate prisoners, and Ellen Page, star of the charming independent film, Juno.
还挺酷的,和我一起入选的还有研究印尼饥荒问题的人,有用海豚来感化犯人的精神医疗师,噢还有艾伦·佩基那部大赞的独立电影《朱诺》的主角。
Oh, I'd so do her. You'd do the dolphins.
噢我绝对想上她。上海豚还差不多。
Do I get an honorable mention for designing the telescope camera mounting bracket you used?
我为你设计了望远镜的托架,我是否可以得到一个荣誉奖?
Sorry, it's not part of my heartwarming and personal narrative in which a humble boy from New Delhi overcame poverty and prejudice and journeyed to America to reach for the stars.
抱歉这可不在我的感人事迹里头,一个来自新德里的谦逊男孩儿冲破贫困和偏见的重重阻碍千辛万苦来到美国探索宇宙的奥秘。
Poverty? Your father's a gynecologist. He drives a Bentley. It's a lease.
你还贫困?你老爸是妇科医生,还开宾利跑车呢。那是租的。
I'm confused. Was there some sort of peer review committee to determine which scientists would be included?
我有点困惑,这是怎么选出来的?有没有同行评议会之类的?
Peer review? It's People magazine. People picked me. What people? The people from People.
同行评议会?那是人物杂志,是人民选择了我。哪些人?人物杂志的那些人。
Yeah, but exactly who are these people? What are their credentials? How are they qualified?
没错,但他们究竟是些什么人?他们有什么凭据?他们够格吗?
What makes accidentally noticing a hunk of rock that's been traipsing around the solar system for billions of years more noteworthy than any other scientific accomplishment made by someone under 30?
你不过是凑巧看见块绕着太阳系漫游了几十亿年的石头罢了,为什么比其他未及而立之年的科学家取得了更大的成就呢?
Boy, I'll bet Ellen Page's friends aren't giving her this kind of crap.
小子,我敢打赌艾伦·佩基的朋友们可不会这么损她。
Are you proud of yourself? In general, yes.
这下你自豪了?总体上是这样。
Oh, there's my missing neutrino. You were hiding from me as an unbalanced charge, weren't you, you little subatomic dickens?
噢,丢掉的微中子在这儿,你干嘛像个不稳定的电子一样躲着我对吧,你这亚原子小鬼?
Hey, Sheldon. Hey, look, look, I found my missing neutrino.
嘿谢尔顿。嘿看呐,我找到丢掉的微中子了。
Oh good, we can take it off the milk carton.
真棒,我们能把它从牛奶盒上拿下来了。
Come on, we're going to apologize to Raj and invite him out to dinner.
来吧,我们要去同Raj道歉顺便请他一起去吃饭。
Apologize for what? He came over last night with some pretty good news and we weren't very supportive.
为啥要道歉?他昨晚带着惊天奇闻而来可我们却不怎么支持他。
I sense you're trying to tell me something.
我的第六感告诉我你有话要说。
You were a colossal asshat.
你是个大混球。
No, I beg to differ. Of the three of us, I was by far the most supportive. Really? Do tell.
恕难同意,我们三个里面我至今都是最支持他的。真的?说说看你怎么支持了?
How will Raj ever reach true greatness if his friends lower the bar for him?
要是作为朋友的我们总是降低他成功的门槛,Raj怎么可能真正取得伟大的成就呢?
When I was 11, my sister bought our father a "World's Greatest Dad" coffee mug and, frankly, the man coasted until the day he died.
十一岁时我姐姐给老爸买了个咖啡杯,上面写着"世上最棒的老爸",可说实在的,他一生就这么晃荡过去了。
Okay, let's try it this way. What if this People magazine thing is the best Raj is ever going to achieve?
好吧这么跟你说吧,如果这已经是Raj所能达到的最高境界了呢?
I had not considered that. Come on.
这倒没想过。走吧。
I often forget other people have limitations. It's so sad.
我总是忘记别人是有极限的,真是太悲哀了。
He can feel sadness? Not really. It's what you and I would call condescension.
他知道什么是悲哀?不是这样啦,我和你都管这叫优越感。
Now when we go in there, let's show Raj that we're happy for him. But I'm not. Well, then fake it.
我们进去的时候要展现出高兴的神情。可我不高兴。那就装吧。
Look at me. I could be grinding on the fact that without my stabilizing telescope mount he never would have found that stupid, little clump of cosmic schmutz.
你看我。我都能慢慢接受这个事实,要知道没有我的稳定望远镜底座,他不可能看到那块愚蠢的宇宙垃圾。
But I'm bigger than that.
可我的胸襟不止那么点啦。
Fine. What do you want me to do? Smile.
好吧,你们要我怎么做?微笑。
Oh, crap, that's terrifying, we're here to see Koothrappali, not kill Batman.
我靠,太吓人了。我们是来这儿看库萨帕里的,又不是追杀蝙蝠侠。
Try less teeth. Close enough. Come on.
少露几颗牙看看。已经很接近了,来吧。
Hey, Raj. Hey, guys. What's up?
嘿Raj。嘿大伙都在啊,怎么了?
We just wanted to invite you out to dinner tonight.
我们想邀请你和我们一起共进晚餐。
To celebrate your "30 under 30" thing. Right, Sheldon?
为了庆祝你的"3030",没错吧谢尔顿?
That's very nice of you. I would like that.
好啊,你们真好。
Hello, boys. Dr. Gablehauser. Dr. Koothrappali. Dr. Gablehauser. Dr. Hofstader. Dr. Gablehauser. Dr. Cooper. Dr. Gablehauser. Mr. Wolowitz.
大家好。盖革豪斯博士。库萨帕里博士。盖革豪斯博士。霍夫斯塔德博士。盖革豪斯博士。库泊博士。盖革豪斯博士。沃勒维茨先生。
Boys, I've got a question for you: Who in this room discovered a star?
我有个问题:这屋里谁发现了一颗星星?
Actually, 2008NQ Sub17 is a planetary body. I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about me.
2008NQ sub 17号,实际上是一颗行星。我又没说你,我在说我呢。
You, my exotic young friend, are my star.
你,我的外国朋友,你是我的明星。
But you didn't discover him. You merely noticed he was here, much like he did with 2008NQ Sub17. Sheldon...Oh, sorry.
又不是你发掘了他。你以前都不注意他,就像他没怎么留意2008NQ sub 17号一样。谢尔顿。噢不好意思。
Boy, we've got to get you into a better office. Something more suited to your status.
孩子,要给你安排一间好点的办公室,得配得上你现在的身份。
Really, you don't have to go to any trouble.
没必要麻烦的,真的。
How about if I put you in Von Gerlich's old office? I'd rather have Fishbein's. It's bigger.
让你用冯·格图尔以前的办公室如何?我情愿要菲什宾的,更宽敞点。
Wait a minute, I called dibs on Fishbein's office the day he started showing up at work in his bathrobe.
等等,菲什宾穿睡衣来上班以后我是第一个申请他的办公室的。
He gets a new office, I can't even get paper towels in the men's room? Sheldon. Damn, this is hard.
他都有新的办公室了,男厕所里就不能放几张擦手纸吗?谢尔顿。靠这也太难了。
Let me ask you something. What do you think the business of this place is?
我来问问你们,你们觉得你们成天在这里是为了啥?
Science? Money. I Told you.
科学?钱。都跟你说了。
And this boy's picture in People magazine is gonna raise us a pile of money taller than well, taller than you.
他出现在人物杂志上不就意味着有数不尽的钱要向我们涌来,堆起来都比你高了。
I have a Master's degree. Who doesn't? Dr. Koothrappali, have you ever had lunch in the president's dining room?
我是硕士。谁不是?库萨帕里博士,你有没有在校长餐厅吃过午饭?
I didn't even know there was a president's dining room.
我都不知道还有校长餐厅。
It's the same food as the cafeteria, only fresh. Come on, little buddy.
东西是一样的,不过新鲜多了。走吧小家伙。
Okay, big buddy. See you tonight, guys. You can stop smiling now.
好咧大家伙,大伙晚上见。别再笑了。
So anyway, after a fantastic lunch, I was whisked off to the People magazine photo shoot...
总之在享用了一顿大餐之后,我立马被接去拍封面照。
Have any of you boys ever been to a photo shoot? No.
你们几个拍过杂志封面照么?没。
It's fantastic. Apparently, the camera loves me and I, it.
那感觉太妙了。显然相机同我惺惺相惜,
They shot me in front of a starry background where I posed like this.
他们给我弄了个星光熠熠的背景,我就摆了这么一个姿势。
They're going to digitally add a supernova. They say it's the perfect metaphor for my incandescent talent.
他们准备PS一个超新星上去。他们都说对于我这个耀眼的天才而言,这是个完美的比喻。
Right, a ball of hot, flaming gas that collapses upon itself.
没错,一团滚烫的火球最终自取灭亡。
Excuse me. Oh, it's my assistant, Trevor. Go for Koothrappali.
抱歉,是我的助手特雷弗。说吧,我是库萨帕里。
They gave him an assistant? If I want a new pen, I have to go to the bank with wire cutters.
给他派了个助手?我只是要一支新的钢笔,他们都会让我带着钢丝钳去抢银行。
Have we at this point met our social obligations? Not yet.
我们是否已经够仁至义尽了?还没。
Okay, just put it on my calendar, but start thinking of a reason why I can't go. All righty? Koothrappali out.
好,替我排上议事日程,不过别忘了编一个我无法出席的理由。库萨帕里断线。
God bless that boy. I don't know what I'd do without him.
愿主保佑那孩子,没有他我都不知道怎么办了。
You just got him this afternoon.
他不是今天下午才成了你的助手。
Yes, but I'm finding that having a lackey suits me. A lackey?
没错,不过我觉得我应该有个侍从。侍从?
Oh, I'm sorry. Is that politically incorrect? In India, we just call them untouchables. Now? Almost.
噢,抱歉,从政治角度这么说对吗?在印度我们管这些人叫贱民。够了吗?还差一点儿。
Speaking of untouchables, I've got great news for you guys.
说起贱民,我要告诉你们个好消息,
People magazine is having a reception this Saturday and I managed to get you invited.
人物杂志这周六要办一个招待会,我已经把你们都邀请去了。
Oh, gee, thanks. Oh, you're welcome.
噢,谢了。你真客气。
Of course, I couldn't get you into the VIP section because, you know, that's for VIPs and you guys are just, you know...P's.
当然我没法让你们去VIP区,你们也知道。你们只是个P而已。
There's a tribe in Papua New Guinea where, when a hunter flaunts his success to the rest of the village,
在巴布亚新几内亚有个原始部落,如果猎人向村里其他人炫耀自己的猎物,
they kill him and drive away evil spirits with a drum made of his skin.
他们就会把他杀了,把他的皮做成鼓,据说能驱魔避邪。
Superstitious nonsense, of course, but one can see their point.
当然是些迷信的话,不过意思大家都明白。