Damn you, walletnook.com! Problem?
该死的钱包网!有什么问题吗?
The online description was completely misleading. They said eight slots, plus removable ID.
网上说明太误导人了,上面说有八个插缝,外加一个可抽取的ID卡夹,
To any rational person, that would mean room for nine cards, but they don't tell you, the removable ID takes up one slot. It's a nightmare!
对任何理性人来说,那意味着可以放九张卡,但上面没告诉你可抽取的ID卡夹也占了一个插缝,简直是恶梦!
Okay, now, do you really need the honorary justice league of america membership card?
好吧,你真的需要美国荣誉审判联盟的会员卡吗?
It's been in every wallet I've owned since I was five. Why?
我5岁起就一直把它存放在钱包里。为什么?
It says "keep this on your person at all times." it's right here under batman's signature.
上面写着“请随身持本证”,就在蝙蝠侠签名的下面。
And this is Leonard and Sheldon's apartment.
这就是Leonard和Sheldon的公寓
Guess whose parents just got broadband.
猜猜谁的父母刚装了宽带。
Leonard, may I present, live from New Delhi, Dr. And mrs. V.M. Koothrappali. Hi!
Leonard,容我介绍,新德里现场连线V.M.Koothrappali医生及夫人。你们好!
Tilt up the camera up! I'm looking at his crotch.
摄像头歪了!我只看到他的裤裆。
Sorry, papa. Oh, that's much better. Hi. Hi!
抱歉,爸爸。噢,好多了。嗨!嗨!
And over here is Sheldon. Hi!
这边是Sheldon。嗨!
He lives with Leonard.
他和Leonard住一起。
Oh, that's nice. Like Haroon and Tanvir.
噢,那很好,就像Haroon和Tanvir。
No, no. Not like Haroon and Tanvir.
不,不,跟Haroon和Tanvir不一样。
Such sweet young men. They just adopted the cutest little Punjabi baby.
多么可爱的年轻人啊,他们刚收养了最可爱的小印度男孩。
No, we're not like Haroon and Tanvir.
不,我们跟Haroon和Tanvir不一样。
So, are you boys academics like our son? Yes.
你们和我儿子一样搞研究?是的。
And your parents are comfortable with your limited earning potential? Oh, yes. Not at all.
你们父母对你们那点可怜的收入也无所谓吗?哦,是的。完全不在意。
Papa, please. Don't start.
爸爸,拜托别发问了。
It was just a question. He's so sensitive. Okay, that's my life. That's my friends. Good to see you. Say good-bye. Bye.
只是随便问问,他太敏感了。好啦,这就是我的生活,我的朋友们,很高兴见到你们,说再见。再见。再见
Wait! Wait! Before you go, we have good news. Put the computer down and gather your friends.
等一下!你关之前我们还有个好消息,把电脑放下,把你朋友们聚过来。
What is it, papa?
什么,爸爸?
I don't see your friends.
我看不见你朋友?
Is it just me, or does web chatting with your clothes on seem a little pointless?
你们不觉得穿着衣服网上聊天很没有意义吗?
Rajesh, do you remember Lalita Gupta?
Rajesh,你还记得拉丽塔古塔吗?
The little fat girl that used to kick me in the samosas and call me untouchable?
那个用萨摩萨饼打我,还叫我贱民的小肥妞?
Yes. Well, now she's a dental student at USC, so we gave her your contact information.
是的,她现在是南加州大学的牙科专业学生,我们给了她你的联系方式。
Why did you do that?
你们干嘛那么做?
You're 26 years old, Rajesh. We want grandchildren.
你已经26岁了Rajesh,我们想抱孙子。
But, papa, I'm not supposed ... Lalita's parents approved the match.
可是爸爸我不想……拉丽塔的父母同意了你们的婚事。
If you decide on a spring wedding, we can avoid monsoon season.
如果你决定春天举办婚礼,就能避开雨季。
A spring wedding? It's up to you, dear. We don't want to meddle.
春天就结婚?你决定孩子,我们不想管闲事。
If you don't want to meddle, then why are you meddling?
既然你们不想管闲事,干嘛要管我的闲事?
If I may, your parents probably don't consider this meddling. While arranged marriages are no longer the norm,
容我说,你父母可能不认为这是管闲事,包办婚姻如今虽已不常见,
Indian parents continue to have a greater-than-average involvement in their children's love lives.
但印度父母仍继续大张旗鼓干涉他们子女的爱情生活。
Why are you telling me about my own culture?
我们国家的习俗干吗用你来说?
You seemed confused.
你看起来很困惑。
Sorry, mumi, papa, but with all due respect, I really don't want to ... I'm sorry, darling.
抱歉,妈妈爸爸,尽管我非常尊重你们,但我真的不想……对不起孩子,
We have to go. Doogie howser is on. Grandma! It's doogie time! Bye-bye! Bye-bye!
我们不能再聊了,《天才小医生》开始了。奶奶,《小医生》时间到了!拜拜!拜拜!
I don't believe it.
真不敢相信。
Neither do I. Doogie howser's been off the air for like 20 years.
我也是,《天才小医生》快20年没播了。
Actually, I read somewhere that it's one of the most popular programs in india.
其实我读到过,那是在印度最受欢迎的电视节目。
It might speak to a cultural aspiration to have one's children enter the medical profession.
我想说可能是种民族情结,希望有个当医生的孩子吧。
I bet you're right.
我猜你是对的。
I bet they love scrubs. What's not to love?
我猜他们喜欢看《实习医生风云》。有不喜欢的理由吗?
Excuse me! Hello? My parents are trying to marry me off to a total stranger. What am I going to do?
喂!在听吗?我父母想要我娶一个根本不认识的人,我该怎么办?
I suggest you go through with it.
我建议你坦然接受吧。
Romantic love as the basis for marriage has only existed since the 19th century.
建立在罗曼蒂克爱情上的婚姻只是从19世纪开始盛行,
Up until then, arranged marriages were the norm, and it served society quite well.
在那之前都是包办婚姻也很好地适应了社会发展。
It's the entire premise of fiddler on the roof.
那正是《屋顶上的小提琴手》的蓝本。
I'm not a big fan of musicals, but I love that show.
我不是音乐剧的粉丝,但我超爱那部音乐剧。
Me too. Of course, it speaks to me culturally.
我也是,当然对我来说很有文化感染力。
Understandable, but there's a universality to that story which transcends ethnicity.
可以理解,但这类故事一般都超越了种族。
Let's not forget it's got some really catchy tunes. oh, absolutely. Yeah!
让人没法忘记里面那些 琅琅上口的曲调。噢,的确 就是啊!
Okay, I know what I'm going to do. What? Find new friends.
好吧,我知道该怎么做了。什么?去找新朋友。
So who wants to rent fiddler?
那谁去租那部音乐剧?
No need, we have the special edition.
没必要,我们有特别收藏版。
Well, maybe we are like Haroon and Tanvir.
也许我们真的就像Haroon和Tanvir
This is Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Yeah, I need to cancel my membership to the planetarium.
我是Sheldon Cooper博士,我想取消天文馆的会员资格。
Well, I'm sorry, too, but there's just no room for you in my wallet.
我也很抱歉,但我钱包里没地方放会员卡了。
I understand, but it was between you and the museum of natural history, and frankly, you don't have dinosaurs.
我能理解,但我要在你们和自然历史博物馆中选择,坦白说你们那儿没恐龙。
I'll miss you, too. Bye-bye.
我也会怀念你们的,再见。
Okay, I know you're texting about me and I'd really like you to stop.
好啦,我知道你们在发短信说我,你们最好停下来。
Oh, dear, I am rightly and truly screwed.
亲爱的,我彻底完蛋了。
Hey, I thought you were finding new friends.
嗨,我以为你去找新朋友了。
I've got some feelers out. In the meantime, listen to this.
我确实尝试过。还有,听这个。
Hi, Rajesh. This is Lalita Gupta. Uh, your mother gave my mother your phone number to give to me.
嗨,Rajesh,我是拉丽塔古塔,你妈给了我妈你的电话号码并转交给我。
So, I'm calling you and, uh, call me back. Bye!
所以我打给你,回我电话。再见!
Can you believe how pushy she is?
你们看她逼得我多紧啊!
So don't call her. If I don't call her, I won't hear the end of it from my parents.
那就别回她电话。如果不打给她,我就再也别想和我父母说话了。
So call her. How can I call her? You know I can't talk to women.
那就打给她。我怎么打给她?你们知道我不敢和女人说话。
I'm done. Anybody else?
我没辙了,其他人呢?
Give me the phone. Why? Just give it to me.
电话给我。干嘛?给我好了。
What are you doing? Don't worry. You'll thank me.
你做什么?别担心,你会感激我的。
Hello, Lalita? Raj koothrappali here. Yes, it is good to talk to you, too.
喂拉丽塔?我是Raj koothrappali。是的,我也很高兴和你说话。
So what are you wearing?
你现在穿的什么?
Oh, not important. Uh, so, anyhow, when would you like to meet?
噢,那不重要。总之,你想什么时候见面?
Friday works for me! I'll call you with a time and place.
周五有空!具体时间地点我再打给你。
But in the meantime, keep it real, babe.
还有,我是认真的,宝贝。
You may now thank me.
现在你要感激我了。
For what? Making me sound like a Simpsons character?
为什么?把我的声音弄得像辛普森一家似的?
Fine. Next time make your own date. I didn't want to make this one!
那好吧,下次你自己去约人家。这次我都不想!
Look on the bright side, she might turn out to be a nice, beautiful girl.
往好的方面想吧,也许她已经出落得美丽大方。
Great, then we'll get married, I won't be able to talk to her, and we'll spend the rest of our lives in total silence.
好极了,那我们就会结婚,但我没办法跟她说话,我们一起的余生就会沉寂中度过。
It worked for my parents.
我父母就是这样。
Hi, guys. Oh, hey. I need some guinea pigs.
嗨,伙计们。嗨。我需要几只豚鼠做实验。
Okay, there's a lab animal supply company in reseda you could try.
在Reseda有家供应实验动物的公司,你可以去试试,
But if your research is going to have human applications, may I suggest white mice instead?
但如果你的研究需要人类志愿者,我能建议你换成小白鼠吗?
Their brain chemistry is far closer to ours.
它们的头脑机能和我们的更接近。
I swear to god, Sheldon, one day, I'm going to get the hang of talking to you.
我向上帝发誓Sheldon,总有一天我会跟上你的说话思维。
His mom's been saying that for years. What's up?
这话他妈妈说了几年了。什么事?
Well, I finally convinced the restaurant to give me a bartending shift, so I need to practice mixing drinks.
我总算说服餐馆老板把我换到吧台,所以我需要练习调酒。
Oh, great. Well, the key to acquiring proficiency in any task is repetition.
哦,太好了,任何事情的成功关键都是熟能生巧。
With certain obvious exceptions. Suicide, for example.
显然也有例外,比如说自杀。
So, Leonard, how about it?
Leonard,怎么样?
You know, Penny, we'd love to help you, but Raj is going through some stuff right now, and besides, he doesn't drink, so ...
你知道Penny,我们很乐意帮助你,但Raj现在正面临很艰难的情况,而且他不喝酒,所以……
Really? Um, Raj is going through some stuff right now and he'd like to take up drinking.
是吗?Raj现在很痛苦,所以愿意尝试喝酒。
Okay, here you go, Leonard. One tequila sunrise.
好了,给你Leonard,龙舌兰日出酒。
Thank you. You know, this drink is a wonderful example of how liquids with different specific gravities interact in a cylindrical container. Thank you.
谢谢。知道吗,这杯酒能极好地诠释重力不同的各种液体是如何在圆柱容器内相互作用的。谢谢。
Okay, Raj, what'll it be?
好吧,Raj你要什么?
Whatever you recommend.
随便你推荐。
Uh, how about a grasshopper? I make a mean grasshopper. Okay? Good. Coming up.
草蜢酒怎么样?我调的草蜢酒很棒。行吗?好的。
Sheldon, what are you going to have?
Sheldon你要什么?
I'll have a diet coke.
我要一杯健怡可乐
Okay, can you please order a cocktail? I need to practice mixing drinks.
好吧,你能点鸡尾酒吗?我需要练习怎么调酒。
Fine. I'll have a virgin cuba libre.
好吧,我要圣洁古巴利布瑞酒。
That's, um, rum and coke without the rum.
那是朗姆可乐酒,去掉朗姆酒
Yes. So……coke. Yes.
对。那么……可乐。是的
And would you make it diet?
能不能调成健怡的?
There's a can in the fridge.
冰箱里有罐装的
A cuba libre traditionally comes in a tall glass with a lime wedge.
一杯传统的古巴利布瑞酒,是在高脚杯中加入酸橙。
Then swim to cuba.
那你游去古巴好了。
Bartenders are supposed to have people skills.
吧台侍者应该具有人际交往能力。
Okay. Raj, here you go. All right. Who's next?
好啦,Raj给你,好,下一个到谁?
I'd like to try a slippery nipple.
我想试试光滑的乳头。
Okay, you're cut off.
好吧,你没资格了。
Anybody need a refill?
谁要续杯?
Where did my life go, Penny?
我的人生驶向何方,Penny?
One day I'm a carefree bachelor, and the next I'm married and driving a minivan to peewee cricket matches in suburban New Delhi.
眼下我还是无忧无虑的单身汉,转眼我就结婚了,载着一车小孩去新德里郊外打板球比赛。
Are you talking to me?
你在跟我说话?
Is there another Penny here?
这儿还有别人叫Penny?
I had such plans. I had dreams.
我有计划,我有梦想,
I was going to be the Indira Gandhi of particle astrophysics. But with a penis, of course.
我要成为粒子天体物理学界的英迪拉甘地,当然要有小鸡鸡。
Amazing. Ever since I was a little boy, my father wanted me to be a gynecologist like him.
太神了。我还小的时候,我爸就想让我像他一样当妇科医生,
How can I be a gynecologist? I can barely look a woman in the eye!
我哪能做妇科医生?我都不敢看女人的眼睛!