How can any woman spend eight hours a day alone with this face and not fall in love with it?
一个女人每天与这萌脸共处八小时怎么可能不爱上他呢?
Well, for starters,at some point, that face starts talking.
首先我要说那脸一开始讲话就什么都幻灭了。
Amy, this is crazy.You have nothing to be suspicious about.
艾米这太夸张了!你根本不用怀疑什么。
I'm not suspicious.I just want to stop in, say hi to my boyfriend and meet his new assistant.
我不是怀疑!我只是路过跟我男朋友打个招呼然后见见新助理
Can we go now? Hang on.What are you doing? Isn't it obvious?
可以走了吗?稍等。你干什么呢?这还不明显吗?
I'm spreading my scent to mark my territory.Come on, Amy. That is not gonna work. Really?
我在用体味申明领地得了吧,没用的,真的吗?
Because just before you became my best friend,I did this all over your apartment.
在你成为我闺蜜之前我也对你整间公寓做了同样的事
Has your, uh, assistant said anything about me? In fact, she has.
你的助理有提到过我吗其实还真有。
Uh, her exact words were, "What is that guy's problem?"
她的原话是 "这家伙什么毛病"
I'm in her head. Let the dance begin.
她记住我了好戏开始
Here's your frozen yogurt, Dr. Cooper.
你的冷冻优格,库珀博士
This should be fun.
这该有意思了
Half chocolate, half vanilla,side by side, not swirled? Yes.
一半巧克力一半香草挨着的。没搅在一起吗?对。
Half a teaspoon of sprinkles? Rainbow, not chocolate.Two cherries? One on top, one on the bottom.
半茶匙碎末彩虹的不是巧克力的。两颗樱桃,一颗在上一颗在下
Stems removed? Um...top one, yes.I didn't check the one on the bottom.
茎拿掉么了?呃上边的拿掉了下面的我没检查
I'm so sorry, Dr. Cooper.It's all right, Alex.I'm not mad at you; I'm just disappointed.
不好意思 库珀博士.没事的艾利克斯.我并不生气 只是很失望
Wait, Alex. Do you want to join us? Uh, Alex, a moment.
等等艾利克斯要跟我们一起吃吗?艾利克斯稍等片刻
I need a word with Dr. Hofstadter.
我有些话要跟霍夫斯塔德博士说
Do you think it's appropriate for her to sit with us, given her station? Given her what?
你觉得她跟我们一起坐合适吗?就凭她的身份。凭她的什么。
If I've learned anything from British television shows on PBS, it's that servants dine downstairs with their own kind.
要说我从PBS台的英剧里学到什么的话那就是仆人和他的同伴们都是坐楼下吃饭的
What? It's a kindness, Leonard.
什么?这是种仁慈,莱纳德
Otherwise, you're cruelly tempting them with a glimpse of a world that's just beyond their sootstained fingertips.
不然的话你就是在残酷地引诱他们体验一下比满手油烟更高层次的生活
Oh, sure. Please join us. Oh, okay. Thank you.
那必须,请坐吧。好的,谢谢
So, Alex, what's the topic of your dissertation?
艾利克斯 你毕业论文的题目是什么
I'm looking for Trojan asteroids at Earth's LFive Lagrange point.
在地球的L5拉格朗日点寻找特洛伊小行星
Oh, that happens to be Dr. Koothrappali's field of expertise.You two have a lot to talk about.
这正巧是库萨帕里博士的专业领域呢?你们有很多东西可以聊,
Is that true? Is he all right? No.
真的吗?他还好吗?不
But compared to your boss,he's the poster boy for sanity.
但跟你的老板相比他就是精神正常的代表
It's okay, I've been around scientists all my life.
还好啦 我这辈子都在和科学家打交道
My dad's an astronomer at SETI.
我爸是SETI的天文学家
Oh, SETI the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence.
SETI寻找外太空星球智慧生命计划
You should introduce him to Sheldon. The search is over.
把谢尔顿介绍给你爸他就不用搜寻了
So, what kind of research are you doing? Highenergy lasers. Oh. Military?
那你是做什么研究的高能激光,军用吗?
Not yet, but I can remove unwanted hair from two miles away.You were right.
还没呢。但我能从两英里外替人激光除毛。你是对的
I had nothing to worry about.That skank's your problem, not mine.
我没什么可担心的。这骚货是你的问题,不是我的
You're very funny, Dr. Hofstadter. Thank you. Aah! Cherry stem! Cherry stem!
你真幽默霍夫斯塔德博士。谢谢。啊,樱茎!樱茎!
How you doing, Howie? You feeling a little better?
华仔你还好吗?感觉好点了吗?
Oh, a lot better, thanks. One sec.Listen close. I don't have a lot of time.
好多了,谢谢,等一下。听好了我时间不多
I need you to go to my house.
我要你赶紧去我家
In my bedroom, you'll find a model rocket.
在我房间里有个火箭模型
I want you to take it and bring it back to your place.Okay...
我要你把它带回你家,好的
Step 2: build a version roughly 14 stories high.
第二步 照着建一个14层楼高的版本
Fill it full of rocket fuel and come get me.
装满火箭燃油来接我
I'll leave the door unlocked.
我会给你把门留着的
Howie, honey, maybe you should talk to someone,let them know you're having a little anxiety.
华仔,亲爱的,也许你该跟别人谈谈让他们知道你有些焦虑
No, no, I'm fine. No anxiety! We should probably talk in code.
不,不,我很好,没有焦虑症!咱们还是用暗号交流吧。
From now on, "Frog" is me, "Sandwich" means you and "Lemon" means rocket. So, come on, sandwich,build me a lemon 'cause froggy wants to come home!
从现在起小蛙是我三明治是你柠檬是火箭。快点三明治给我造架柠檬,小蛙要回家。
Look at you, putting on a brave face.
瞧你 还假装坚强
There's nothing to be brave about.Everything's fine. Really?
没什么好需要坚强的我没事,真的吗?
I don't know how much you know about primate behavior, but Sheldon's assistant was clearly courting Leonard.
我不知道你对灵长类动物行为知道多少,不过谢尔顿的助理绝对在向莱纳德求欢
Were she a mandrill, she would have bent over and displayed her brightly colored hindquarters like a big red welcome mat.
如果她是狒狒,肯定会弯下身展示她那看似大红色蹭鞋垫的鲜亮斑斓后臀。
By the way, you try that at the junior prom,you get kicked out.
顺便说下如果在低年级毕业舞会上试这招会被踢出去的。
Okay, maybe she was flirting with him, but who cares?
好吧,也许她是在和他调情,可谁在乎啊?
Look, I don't even know where my relationship is with Leonard is right now.
我都不知道我现在和莱纳德的关系算什么。
So says your prefrontal cortex.
这是你的前额叶在说话。
But meanwhile, the limbic system of your brain is calculating that if another woman is attracted to Leonard,it must be because he's desirable.
但同时,你大脑中的边缘系统在计算如果有另一个女人对莱纳德有兴趣那肯定是因为他值得拥有
Well, of course he's desirable.I mean, he's great.
他当然值得拥有了,他棒极了。
He's smart, he's sweet,and, ooh, in the bedroom, whew,let me tell you, he really tries.
他聪明温柔而且在房事上,老天我告诉你。他真是拼了老命了。
So it does bother you.Fine, it bothers me a little.
所以这事让你烦心,好吧,是让我有点烦。
No. You know what? This is stupid.
算了这太傻了
It doesn't bother me. Okay, it bothers me.
我才不烦呢,好吧,我很烦。
But only because she wouldn't stop laughing.Leonard is not that funny.
但只是因为她很捧场他的笑话.莱纳德没那么幽默搞笑
And there you have it; prefrontal cortex reasoning versus limbic lust.
这就是了前额叶理性对抗边缘系统的欲望
If this were a boxing match, they might call it "The thrilla adjacent to the amygdala."
如果这是拳击赛 就会叫做"扁桃体的震颤"
If you were a brain scientist, you would be busting a gut right now!
如果你是脑部学家你现在肯定会笑到尿裤子!
So, how was work today?Ah, it was all right, I guess.
今天工作怎么样?还行吧。
Got to Heimlich a cherry stem out of Sheldon.
用海氏急救法拯救樱桃梗卡气管的谢尔顿
Caught Raj right in the eye. You're kidding.
结果那梗还喷到拉杰的眼睛,真的假的
No, Raj had to go to the nurse.Wow. Anything else?
拉杰都得去医疗室了还有什么事吗?
Mmm, the nurse is a woman, so he couldn't talk to her.
护士是个女的,所以他没法开口说话。
She had to bring him a Grover puppet so he could point at what hurt.
她不得不给他拿个芝麻街里的公仔让他指出他哪里疼。
Is that it? Isn't that enough?
就这些吗?这还不够精彩吗?
It had the weaponized fruit and a puppet.What more do you want?
有武器化的水果与公仔你还想听什么刺激的?
Oh, good, Leonard, you're here.Science news.This will interest you.
太好了,莱纳德,你在家。科学新闻。你会有兴趣的。
And, Penny, feel free to paint your nails.What do you got?
佩妮,想涂指甲请随意,有什么新鲜事?
I believe Alex may have unearthed the grade school science project that could be my ticket to the Nobel Prize.
我相信艾利克斯发现了我的小学科研项目也许就是我赢得诺贝尔大奖的机会
Behold."Magnet What Do They Stick To?"
请看磁铁,它们吸的是什么。
If the answer is "Metal," It's not exactly groundbreaking.
如果答案是金属 那可能不够开创性
The original title was "A Rederivation of Maxwell's Equations Regarding Electromagnetism."
原来的名字是"再推导马克斯韦尔的电磁学方程式"
I dumbed it down because some of the more religious people in town were starting to say I was a witch.
我弃用了那个名字因为当时我家乡有些信教的人开始说我是个巫婆
Sheldon thinks the approach in this paper might change the way we calculate ferromagnetic hysteresis.
谢尔顿认为这篇论文里的算法可能会改变我们计算磁滞的方法
Oh, it's about time. I hated the old way.Hi. I'm Penny. Alex.
也是时候了。我讨厌以前的算法。你好,我是佩妮。我叫艾利克斯
Uh, do you work with Dr. Hofstadter?
你与霍夫斯塔德博士共事吗?
In a way.We've kind of been involved in a fiveyear experiment.
在某些方面我们之间有五年长的一系列实验关系
Oh. Well, you're lucky. He seems very talented.
你真幸运。他非常有才华
And I'm sure a lot of people want to work with him.
我肯定很多人想与他共事
Well, a lot of people can't.Come on.Where are we going?
很多人没份儿,来吧!去哪里?
My limbic system wants to take your pants off.She seems nice.
我的边缘系统想脱掉你的裤子,她人挺好的。
Notice people on your own time. We're working.
用你自己的时间观察他人,我们正工作呢?
Hey, Howie, how you feeling? Better. Much better.
华仔感觉还好吗?好些了,好多了。
The other astronauts held me down, gave me a shot.
其他的宇航员按住我给我来了一针
Attention, people of Earth:Tonight, there will be two moons in the sky.
注意地球人:今晚夜空上会有两个月亮。
Howie, stop that.NASA's watching this!Put your pants back on!
豪伊,别这样。太空署看着呢!把裤子穿上!