Are we completely out of mugs?
没有一个干净的杯子了吗
Check the sink.
水池那边找找
These are ready for carbon dating.
它们都可以当古董了
Ugh... I take it we're out of clean bowls, too?
我们也没有干净的碗了吗
And forks and plates and cups.
叉子,碟子和茶杯也没有了
Where am I supposed to put my tea?
那我怎么喝茶
This isn't healthy, you know.
这是不健康的
Little marinara is not gonna kill you, Watson.
一点酱料也不会毒死你,华生
No, I mean the state of your kitchen.
不,我说的是你厨房的状况
Don't you mean our kitchen?
这不是我们俩的厨房吗
No, I mean yours.
不,是你的
I'm only here for ten more days, remember?
十天后我就走了,你忘了吗
Nine days, 12 hours, 47 minutes,
准确地说是9天零12小时, 47分钟
actually, but who's counting?
某人算得真准
I'm just saying, this is a problem.
我只是觉得这是个问题
This is the sign of an active mind.
这是头脑活跃的表现
Lincoln, Einstein, Freud.
林肯,爱因斯坦,弗洛伊德
All geniuses who drew inspiration
所有的天才都能从混乱的外界环境中
from chaos in their environs.
获得灵感
Without Andrew Fleming's reluctance to wash petri dishes,
如果不是安德鲁·弗莱明懒得洗培养皿
the world wouldn't have penicillin, would it?
怎么能发现青霉素呢,对不对
Well, since the world does, do you have to grow it
既然都有青霉素了,就不必在你的冰箱里
in your fridge?
自己培养了吧
Nine days, 12 hours, 46 minutes.
还有9天零12小时, 46分钟
Victim's name is Teri Purcell.
死者名叫泰瑞·珀赛尔
She's General Manager of this hotel.
这间酒店的总经理
She worked late most nights in her office.
她经常工作到深夜
That's where she was last seen.
她最后一次被人看见是在这里
Looks like she died from blunt-force trauma to the head,
推测死因是头部遭钝器击打
and then she got stuffed in the machine
之后被扔进洗衣机里
to wash away any physical evidence.
洗去了所有证据
The washer makes it hard to pinpoint time of death.
这也使得死亡时间很难判断
Best guess right now is somewhere between
目前的推测是
9:30 and midnight.
九点半到午夜
Machine was wiped down, so there are no fingerprints,
洗衣机被擦拭过,除了发现尸体的女佣
except for the maid's who found her,
没有其他人的指纹
and no witnesses, either.
也没有目击证人
And this? Fountain pen.
这是什么, 钢笔
It was found in the washing machine
在洗衣机里发现的
with the body and some sheets.
与尸体和床单混在一起
Now, could be the victim's, could be the killer's.
可能是死者的,也可能是凶手的
No way to tell 'cause there aren't any prints.
没办法判断,因为上面没有指纹
Broken in half, and yet I see no ink at all
钢笔被掰断了
on Mrs. Purcell's person, or the sheets
可珀赛尔女士身上和床单上
that were in the washer.
却没有墨水印
I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say it was empty.
我大胆猜测一下,钢笔没水儿
I noticed that neither the security camera in the corridor
我发现走廊和出口的摄像头
nor the one by the exit door are functioning.
都坏了
The red power lights were off.
电源灯没亮
Yeah, hotel maintenance said
酒店维修部门说
they've been inactive for months.
摄像头已经坏了好几个月了
They keep fixing them, they keep going on the fritz.
他们不停地修,它不停地坏
Which means the attacker could come and go
这样的话凶手可以自由出入
without fear of being monitored.
而不被摄像头拍到
Suggests they were familiar with the environment.
这意味着凶手对这里的环境了如指掌
As for these
看这些
drag marks here,
拖拽的痕迹
a distinctive maroon color from the heels of the victim's shoes.
很明显是死者高跟鞋的那种栗色
Similar marks running the length of the corridor,
走廊沿途都有类似的痕迹
meaning she was dragged here from somewhere else.
意味着她是被拖到这里的
You mentioned an office?
你刚才提到过一间办公室
Obviously, it looks like the altercation
很明显,争执是
may have started here.
从这里开始的
Not likely a robbery gone wrong.
不像是抢劫未遂
No drawers ransacked
抽屉没有翻过的痕迹
or cabinets left open.
也没有柜子开着
Well, so far, all the hotel staff
目前,我们问过的工作人员
we've talked to said Mrs. Purcell is a great boss.
都说珀赛尔是个很好的老板
Everyone loved her.
人人都爱她
Hm. Because people are so eager
因为人们都爱说
to speak ill of the dead, aren't they?
死者的坏话,不是吗
The walls are lined with awards
墙上挂满了奖状和感谢信
and letters of appreciation for all her charity work.
都是关于她的慈善工作的
Yes, well, we're not so keen
当然,我们可不会
to advertise our shameful acts, are we?
宣扬自己的可耻行径,对吧
No, Mrs. Purcell wanted to be seen
对,珀赛尔想把自己塑造成
as a friendly, welcoming person.
一个友善而受欢迎的人
It's not enough for her to be altruistic,
做个活雷锋还不够
she wants to be acknowledged for it.
她希望人尽皆知
Same goes with her family.
她的家庭也是这样
Here's an observation for you.
我有个结论给你听
More often than not, when I find a murdered woman
我发现戴婚戒的女性死者
with a wedding band on her finger,
大部分情况下
the husband's the one who did it.
都是被丈夫所杀
I say we talk to Mr. Purcell,
我们去和珀赛尔先生谈谈
find out where he was tonight.
看看他昨晚在哪里
Ah, suburbia.
郊区啊
Surprised you haven't tried to get me to move here
真惊讶你当时没让我搬到这里住
in the interest of my sobriety.
来让我保持清醒
All the "Structure" On display.
全部都井井有条的
Mock me all you want.
随你怎么说
Organization is a form of structure,
组织工作就是一种体系
and structure is good for recovery.
这对恢复有帮助
After you complained about the state of the kitchen
你昨晚抱怨过厨房的状态后
last night, I took a personal inventory.
我做了自我问卷调查
Assessed myself.
评估了我自己
I am excelling at recovery.
我在恢复方面进展良好
Which tells me that you're only taking a grim view
你之前说我的恢复进展不乐观
of my progress because you're annoyed
是因为
I'm doing so well. Right.
我做得太好, 对
I'm upset by your success,
我因为你做得太好而心烦
which is, by association, my success.
可你的成功也就意味着我的成功
Success at a job that you don't enjoy.
只是在你不喜欢的工作上获得了成功
As opposed to my work, which invigorates you.
相反,我的工作更让你兴奋
I never denied that I find what you do very interesting.
我从不否认你做的事情很有趣
I've decided, Watson.
我决定了,华生
The lessons can continue after our companionship ends.
陪护关系结束后,我们可以继续交流
A weekly salon, perhaps.
可以每周见一次
You could come by, I could share my wisdom.
你来我家,我分享我的智慧
In exchange for some light housework, of course.
你做些家务活来交换
Holmes. Come on.
福尔摩斯,过来
I don't know what to say. Everybody loved Teri.
我不知道说什么,人人都喜欢泰瑞
My poor daughter is devastated.
我女儿很受打击
Neither one of us can figure out why anyone would hurt her.
我们不知道是谁杀了她
Mr. Purcell, we-we have to ask
珀赛尔先生,我们想了解一下
how was your relationship with your wife?
您和您妻子的关系如何
Are you asking me that
你是因为怀疑我
because you think I did it?
才这么问吗
No, no, we're just trying to get the whole picture.
不,不,我们只是了解情况
I loved my wife.
我爱我的妻子
Things have been as great as they always were.
我们的感情一直很好
Yet you've been sleeping on the couch lately.
但你最近都在睡沙发
The cushions are compressed
沙发垫整体都有挤压痕迹
all the way across, not just in the middle,
而不仅仅是中间的位置
like they are when someone sits on them.
如果是坐着,只是中间会有挤压痕迹
Someone of your height and weight
你已经在沙发上
has been lying there for long periods.
睡了很久吧
I have insomnia.
我失眠
I can watch TV out here without keeping Teri up.
我在这里看电视不会影响泰瑞
That's very considerate of you.
你真贴心
And... untrue.
但这是谎话
The damp towels and the presence of your toiletries
客房洗手间的湿毛巾
in the guest bathroom-- they suggest that your wife
和你的洗漱用品显示
has banished you completely
你的妻子已经完全不让你
from the master bedroom.
进入主卧了
No.
不是
Stress in the marriage is to be expected,
鉴于你最近失业了
given your current unemployment.
你们的婚姻状况很紧张
Wait, I'm sorry. H-How did you...
等等,你怎么知道...
Movie ticket. It's, uh...
电影票
Yesterday. Monday.
昨天的,星期一的
It's for a matinee.
是午后场
Hmm? Also, your printer is full
你的打印机上都是
of high-end card stock.
高质量的卡片材料
That's... that's resume paper.
这是打印简历用的纸
You're looking for a job.
你在找工作
Dad?
爸爸
Are you okay?
你还好吗
Carly, hon,
卡莉,亲爱的
could you please get our guests some water?
麻烦你给客人们倒点水
Yeah.
好的
Yeah, of course.
当然可以
I'll give you a hand. Thank you.
我来帮你, 谢谢
Yes, my wife and I have been having problems, and yes,
好吧,我和妻子的婚姻是有问题
I lost my job as a financial consultant.
我也确实丢掉了金融顾问的工作
Which is why I spent yesterday evening at a Pink Slip Mixer
这也是为什么昨晚我和其他失业的朋友
with some other unemployed friends.
去求职机构的原因
Early admission to Georgetown and Michigan.
被乔治城大学和密歇根大学提前录取
Congratulations. Your mom must have been really proud.
恭喜,你妈妈一定很为你骄傲
Yeah. She was.
是啊
Looks like you're a pretty serious soccer player.
看来你的足球踢得不错
The coach at Michigan promised me that I'd start.
密西根大学的教练答应让我参加校队
But my mom, she really had her heart set on Georgetown.
但我妈一心想让我去乔治城大学
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I keep telling myself,
我一直告诉自己
"Tough times don't last,
"艰难的时光不会太久
tough people do."
坚强的人才能挺到最后"
And, "This too shall pass."
还有"一切都会过去的"
"This too shall pass."
"一切都会过去的"
"Living one day at a time."
"珍惜生命的每一天"
I know a lot of people in recovery.
我认识很多康复期的病人
Yeah.
是啊
A couple of years ago, I... I hurt my knee.
几年前,我的膝盖受伤了
So...
所以...
I started taking pain pills just to, like,
一开始,我只是为了参加比赛
get through games.
而服用止痛药
But by the end of the season,
但到了赛季结束的时候
I was just taking them to get through the day, and...
我干脆依靠药物度日
My mom is the one who helped me get clean.
是妈妈帮我把药戒了
You know, I'm gonna give you my phone number.
我把我的手机号码留给你
If you need to talk, my phone's on all the time.
要是你想找人聊聊,随时打给我
Waste of time, that was.
真是浪费时间
What?
什么
Coming here.
来这里
He clearly has great confidence in his alibi.
显然他对自己的不在场证明很有信心
And when I look at him, I don't see "killer,"
我从他身上看到的不是"凶手是我"
I see "Blah."
而是"能奈我何"
You want the scoop on our victim?
想得到独家的线索吗
Talk to her.
找她谈谈
She's worth talking to because?
为什么要找她谈
She's trimming an evergreen in the middle of winter.
她在隆冬时节修剪万年青
You're supposed to do it June.
这是六月份做的事
And the only thing more important than a well-maintained lawn
在郊区,唯一比保养草坪更重要的
in the suburbs is gossip.
就是八卦闲谈
Teri was a lovely woman.
泰瑞是个可爱的女人
Lots of people thought so.
很多人都这么认为
Men, especially.
尤其是男人
Uh, was there any particular man you're referring to?
你是不是特指某个男人呢
Oh, I wouldn't want to speak out of school.
我可不想在大庭广众下说这些
Of course you wouldn't.
当然
I think Teri was having an affair.
我觉得泰瑞有婚外情
A very handsome man used to drop by a lot.
有个很英俊的男人以前经常来找她
Always when Oliver wasn't home.
特别是奧利弗不在家的时候
Before he lost his job, of course.
当然是在他失业之前
Could you describe him?
能描述一下他的长相吗
Oh, I can do better than that.
我有更猛的料
My, uh, friend Sheila lives over on Oxford.
我朋友希拉搬去牛津住
She refused to believe me when I told her
我说的"大圣人泰瑞"和一个男人
that "Saint Teri" was entertaining a gentleman caller.
纠缠不清,她还不信
So I took this picture as proof.
所以我拍了这张照片作证据
Like I said: handsome, right?
就像我说的,很英俊,是吧
His license plate is particularly fetching.
他的车牌真是特别
I'm sorry, I'm... I'm just... I'm stunned.
抱歉,我只是... 太惊讶了
Teri was an... she was an amazing person.
泰瑞... 是个大好人
She volunteered here from the very beginning.
这里创立之初,她就志愿来工作
Please.
请
In that time and with her help, our organization
那段时间,在她的帮助下
raised money to collect and destroy over one million
我们的组织募集资金并拆除了
undetonated land mines.
超过一百万颗遗留地雷
She was as passionate
她和这里的每个人一样
about our cause as anyone I've ever known.
热爱我们的事业
Is that all that she was passionate about?
她所热衷的事情仅此而已吗
Uh, I'm not sure what you're asking.
我不明白你的意思
Intercourse.
交流(也有性交之意)
Were you and Teri having it?
你和泰瑞有过吗
I assume you're referring to the conversational variety.
我想你是指言语上的交流
No, I meant fornication.
不,我是说男女私通
The insertion of part A into part...
阴阳交合...
Mr. Silver, we are not here to judge you.
西尔弗先生,我们不是在审判你
Perish the thought!
打消这个念头
No, we're just... simply inquiring
当然不是,我们来只是询问
if your time with Mrs. Purcell involved coitus.
你和珀赛尔夫人的交往中是否包含性
No. It did not.
不,完全没有
Her neighbor seems to be under the impression it did.
但似乎她的邻居可不这么认为
She said you had a habit of visiting when Teri's husband was away.
她说你总挑泰瑞的丈夫不在家的时候找她
Well, I visited when he was there, too.
他在家的时候我也去过
Oliver was a friend;
奧利弗也是我朋友
I've known him for as long as I've known Teri.
我刚认识泰瑞的时候就认识他了
Can you account for your whereabouts
能提供一下昨晚九点到午夜
9:00 and midnight last night?
你在哪里吗
Yes. A friend and his wife had me over for dinner.
有个朋友和他的妻子请我吃晚餐
Why?
怎么了
We'd just like to call and confirm.
要是你不介意的话
So, if you wouldn't mind.
我们需要电话确认
Okay.
好吧
I don't really care what you think about me,
我不在意你们怎样看我
but you got the wrong idea about Teri.
但你们完全误解了泰瑞
She was as devoted to her family
她对家庭的热爱
as she was to this foundation.
不比对基金会的少
She was, without doubt, one of the finest human beings
毫无疑问,她是我有幸认识的
I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
最善良的人
Another suspect,
又一个嫌疑人
another alibi.
也有不在场证明
You're angry because that man and the husband could prove
你生气是因为那个男人和她丈夫
they didn't commit a murder?
都有没杀人的证据吗
I'm angry because I've run out of suspects.
我生气是因为没人有嫌疑
At least, for the time being.
至少目前没有
I really liked that one, too.
我也挺喜欢那人的
Oily.
油嘴滑舌
He helps run a charity that dismantles landmines.
他可是扫雷慈善组织的负责人
John Wayne Gacy gave his time
约翰·维恩·加西也参加过
to several charitable foundations.
好几个慈善基金会
Does that make him a good person, too?
那他也能算是好人了吗
So, that was the captain.
警监来消息说
He talked to head of security at Teri Purcell's hotel.
他刚和珀赛尔酒店的安保负责人谈过话
Now he said they had a prostitution problem recently.
他透露最近酒店里存在色情交易
Some guests got solicited in the hotel bar and complained.
一些顾客投诉有人在酒吧里拉皮条
Now, Teri cracked down, cleared out the working girls.
泰瑞对此严加管制,把小姐都赶了出去
A few weeks later, she gets some threatening anonymous calls.
没过几周,她就接到一些匿名恐吓电话
Probably from their pimps.
可能是那些皮条客打的
Yeah, I'm gonna head to Vice,
我要去扫黄缉捕队
see who might be running hookers at high-end hotels.
查查谁在高端酒店从事卖淫活动
You want to come?
你一起来吗
I appreciate the offer, Detective,
感谢你邀请我,警探
but I've just realized that Watson and I have a thing.
但我突然想起来我和华生有事要办
All right.
好吧
A thing?
有什么事
Why go to Vice to explore the problem
明明可以直接去问题源头
when we can go directly to the source?
为什么还要去缉捕队查呢
Tell me, have you ever been whore-fishing?
你有过猎艳经历吗
Her?
她吗
Too obvious. Too intoxicated.
太招摇,还醉醺醺的
High-end escorts are more polished, discreet.
高端妓女更优雅和谨慎一些
Mark my words. No one is going to take you seriously
记住我的话,一个合格的侦探
as an investigator if you can't spot
必须要在20步以内分辨出
a fille de joie at 20 paces.
一个女人是不是妓女
What is the point of this again?
你到底想说什么
As Detective Bell suggested,
就像贝尔警探所说
if Teri Purcell ran afoul of the working girls
如果泰瑞·珀赛尔因为赶走
in her establishment, it may well have led to her death.
酒店里的妓女而被杀害
Who better to fill in the holes,
那么从中获益的
as it were, than the strumpets themselves?
除了妓女本身还有谁呢
Teri Purcell is the one
是泰瑞·珀赛尔
who put a ban on them in the hotel.
禁止她们出入酒店
And how do you know any of these women are...
而且你怎么知道这些女人里有人是...
are call girls?
是应召女郎
When the cat's away, the mice will play.
山中无老虎,猴子称大王
In this case, the cat got his skull caved in.
在这个案子里,老虎已经威风不再
The mice are the prostitutes.
而猴子就是这些应召女郎
I get it. I just think
我明白了,我只是觉得
your mouse hunt is a little misogynistic.
你的捕猴大计有点性别歧视
Not misogynistic. Anthropological.
不是性别歧视,而是从人类学的角度出发
The species we are looking for is attractive,
我们要找的对象
well-dressed, quick to laugh,
她们光鲜亮丽,风情万种
and highly-skilled at spotting out-of-town men
擅长找出那些背井离乡
whose desires are not being fulfilled at home.
在家得不到满足的男人
Like her.
就像她
Excuse me.
打扰
Might we offer you a drink and some company?
我们能坐在一起喝一杯吗
Oh, a drink would be lovely.
喝一杯也不错
Excellent. Now that's out of the way.
太好了,那我们开门见山
My friend and I were wondering
我和我的朋友想知道
what you might charge to sleep with us.
让你和我们睡一觉的费用是多少
Just kidding.
开玩笑的
We work with the police, and, uh, we were wondering
我们和警方一起工作,我们想知道
if you or any of your fellow working girls might know
你或者和你一起工作的姑娘们知不知道
who killed the manager in the hotel last night.
昨晚谁在酒店里杀了经理
Oh, I'm sorry. I think that you have wrong idea about me.
对不起,我觉得你找错人了
Do I now? I know your clothes--
是吗,我明白你的着装
they say sophisticated businesswoman,
你穿得像经验丰富的女商人
but the faint line across your thighs says
但是你大腿上的细线说明
garter belt with stockings.
你穿着吊带袜
And you've made meaningful eye contact
而且几乎向每一个未婚男人
with almost every unattached man in here, even the paunchy ones.
都抛过媚眼,包括那些有啤酒肚的
Now, should I alert
那现在,我是要
security to your presence,
请保安留意你
or would you mind just-just answering
还是也许你不介意
just a couple of questions, hmm?
回答我几个问题
What do you want to know?
你想知道什么
As I said, the manager of the hotel was killed last night.
我说过了,昨晚酒店经理被杀了
We're investigating the possibility
我们在调查
that one of your managers
你们的一个经理
may have had something to do with it.
涉入其中的可能性
Why would any of those guys want to kill Teri?
他们怎么会想要杀了泰瑞
So, you knew her? Of course.
那么说你认识她了, 当然
We all did. But trust me,
我们都认识,但是相信我
none of our managers would ever lay a finger on her.
我们的经理是不会招惹她的
Not in a million years.
一辈子都不会
How can you be so sure?
你怎么这么肯定
Because... she was the reason that most of us worked here.
因为,她是我们很多人在这工作的原因
We were told that she-she chased you all out
有人告诉我们她因为几个房客的抱怨
because some of the hotel guests complained.
就把你们赶走
Oh, she just helped us to keep a lower profile.
她只是帮我们保持低调
She would sneak us in the back,
她会在背后偷偷告诉我们
put us up in the service elevators to meet the clients.
让我们从服务电梯上去见客户
She wanted us here.
她希望我们留下
Now, if you two decide you ever do want a date...
如果你们两个也想尝试一下的话
call me.
打我电话
I think we'd have some fun.
我想我们会玩得很开心的
So far, every hooker we've talked to has said
迄今为止,我们问过的每一个妓女
the same thing.
都讲了同样的话
Ever since Teri Purcell took over the hotel in '09,
自从泰瑞·珀赛尔在09年接管酒店以后
she's been arranging dates with rich businessmen
她就一直安排她们和有钱商人
and diplomats that were visiting from the UN.
以及联合国来访的外交官约会
Couple of months ago, someone started complaining
几个月前,有人开始抱怨
about the prostitutes in the lobby.
大厅里的妓女
So she started moving them through the laundry area,
所以她开始让她们搬到洗衣房
where she'd sabotaged the security cameras.
那儿的监控都被她故意破坏了
When their business was complete,
当她们完事的时候
she'd sneak 'em back out.
她再让她们偷偷出去
Now, get ready for the weird part.
准备好听最不可思议的部分
She did it all for free.
这些服务都是她免费提供的
You're saying she was a volunteer madam?
你是说她是个志愿的老鸨
According to the girls who worked there,
据在这里工作的姑娘所说
yeah-- their pimps loved her.
是的,她们的嫖客都喜欢她
What about the threatening phone calls she received?
那她收到的威胁电话是怎么回事
They say that they came from the one girl
她们说电话都是一个
that she did have to ban.
她不得不抛弃的女孩打来的
The girl got high in the lobby,
那个女孩在大厅里直接爽起来了
made a scene, so she had to cut her off.
春光无限,所以她不得不把她辞了
We tracked her down.
我们查过她了
She's six months into a bid for possession,
她过去六个月都在争取财产
so she's not our killer.
所以她不是凶手
What? Excuse me.
怎么了,失陪一下
I don't get it.
我没反应过来
Why would Teri Purcell risk her career
为什么泰瑞·珀赛尔要以她的人生冒险
to run a non-profit brothel out of her hotel?
在宾馆里开个免费的妓院
House of secrets, that place.
那个地方是间诡秘屋
Perhaps it warrants a second look.
也许值得我们再看一遍
You know, it occurs to me
我突然想起来
that once you've accepted my offer of an apprenticeship,
你曾经接受过做我学徒的提议
you should probably start taking notes.
你现在该开始做笔记了
I'm not becoming your apprentice.
我才不会做你的学徒
No, of course not. Not in an official capacity.
不,当然不会,不会以官方的形式
More likely you'll peddle some fiction
你更可能向我父亲编造一些故事
to my father about me not being ready to be alone yet.
来说明我还不能单独生活
Hmm? Whatever your pride dictates,
不管你的自尊心怎么说
I shan't hold it against you.
我都不会反驳你
You know I'm not staying, right?
你知道我不会留下的,对吧
What? And continue your journey to profound
什么,继续追求你那
professional satisfaction?
意义深远的职业满意度吗
Why would you?
你为什么要这样
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
Secret compartments have been a part of cabinet-making
从启蒙时代开始
since the Age of Enlightenment.
秘密夹层就是木匠工艺的一部分
You know, I once spent a thrilling afternoon
我曾经度过一个令人振奋的下午
examining a Queen Anne secretary
检验了一张不下25个暗格的
with no fewer than 25 hidden caches.
安妮女王秘书书桌
What is it?
这是什么
Well, it's a compact, but it's...
这是个带镜小粉盒,但是它
it's a very heavy compact.
很重
It's not even Teri's shade.
它甚至都不是泰瑞的风格
She's much more of a winter.
她太冷艳了
See here...
看这儿
wireless connector.
无线连接器
And with this, Teri could sign in
有个这个,泰瑞就能登录到
to an entirely private network.
一个完全私人的网络
Hidden cameras.
隐藏的相机
Nine hidden cameras.
九个隐藏的相机
Well, I think I've worked out
我想我知道了
how Teri was profiting
泰瑞是怎么从
from her arrangement with the hookers.
她对妓女的安排中获益的了
Blackmail.
敲诈
It would explain why Teri allowed the prostitutes
这就揭示了为什么泰瑞允许妓女们
to work at her hotel, but never took a cut of the money, hmm?
在酒店里工作,却从未剥削她们
She gave them access, arranged their dates.
她给她们提供渠道,安排见面
They gave her the opportunity
好让自己可以
to capture guests on film in flagrante delicto.
把房客的行为录下来
Well, if you're right, that means every guest
如果你是对的,就意味着她敲诈过的
she ever blackmailed is a potential suspect in her murder.
每一个房客都是潜在嫌疑人
Correct.
回答正确
You said you found a couple of thousand hours of footage?
你说你发现了长达几千小时的录像
The cameras ran 24/7.
摄像头是24小时工作的
Unfortunately, there are no time stamps
不幸的是,现在没时间
or references on the videos.
调查这些录像了
Which means, it'll probably take forever
也就是说,我们得花上一辈子
to identify the guests
才能确认这些在录像里
who performed blackmail-worthy acts on tape.
值得被敲诈的房客的身份
I'm gonna need teams
我需要几个团队
working on shifts to get through it all.
轮班工作才能解决这个问题
It's gonna take days.
那也得花上几天
Not necessarily.
没必要
Do I even want to know what happened?
我需要知道发生什么了吗
You haven't missed a thing.
你没错过什么
More yak than shack so far.
目前为止没什么发现
Curiously, many of these videos
我很好奇,这里面很多录像
are entirely prostitute-free.
都只有免费的妓女
I meant the garbage.
我说的是垃圾
Borrowed our neighbor's bin
我借用了邻居家的垃圾桶
to test your theory about physical mess
来验证你那关于身体紊乱
and its correlation to relapse.
以及复发的相关性理论
I've been sitting here for hours,
我坐在这儿几个小时了
and I haven't felt any additional temptation
却没有任何
to use drugs.
嗑药的欲望
We'll see how I am in the morning.
看看我早上会怎样
Hello?
你好
Is-is this Miss Watson?
你是华生小姐吗
Yes.
是的
Hi. It's, um... it's Carly Purcell.
我是卡莉·珀赛尔
You-you gave me your number the other day.
你前几天把号码告诉我的
Yes.
没错
I'm glad you called.
我很高兴你打电话来
Is everything okay?
一切都好吧
I haven't taken any pills or anything.
我没有吃药或者其他什么的
I just...
我只是
I-I just needed to talk to someone.
我只是想找人说说话
Okay. Well, I'm here.
好,我在呢
You sound upset.
你听起来很难过
You know what? I-I don't even know you.
我甚至都不认识你
This was stupid. I-I...
这真是太蠢了
No. I told you to call me
不,我说过如果你想聊聊
if you wanted to talk, and you... and you called.
就打电话给我,现在,你打了
Just...
只是
My-my mom.
我妈妈
I don't know. The way she was.
我不知道,她以前如何
She... she's not... she's not what people thought.
但她不像人们想的那样
What do you mean?
什么意思
Carly, tell me where you are, and I will come and meet you.
卡莉,告诉我你在哪儿,我来找你
I'm really sorry,
真的很抱歉
but I... I've got to go.
但是,我得挂了
I thought you'd still be looking at that secret camera video.
我以为你还在看那些秘密录像带呢
I finished an hour ago.
一个小时以前我就看完了
But it turns out, the photographs
但结果证明,藏在珀赛尔夫人
hidden in Mrs. Purcell's computer
电脑里的图像
are far more interesting.
远比想象的有趣
So, Teri had dirty pictures, too?
那么说泰瑞也有不雅照
Wait. It gets better.
等等,好戏在后面
I know what you're thinking.
我知道你在想什么
Innocuous. Mundane.
无危害的,平凡的
But each of these stultifying images
但这些单调乏味的图片
contains almost a gig of memory.
每一个都有1G之大
That's enormous.
不是一般地大
Mm. That's steganography,
这是信息加密隐藏
the science of embedding hidden messages in plain sight,
是将隐藏信息嵌入到表象中
security through obscurity.
通过掩人耳目来加密
So, you're saying that Teri's picture files are so large
泰瑞的图片文件占这么大容量
because she has content hidden in them.
是因为她在里面隐藏了一些内容
Mm. Luckily, I have a decryption program
幸运的是,我有一款解密软件
that should unlock the coded data
它应该能解密这些隐藏内容
in a matter of minutes.
仅仅需要几分钟
Carly called me last night.
卡莉昨晚给我打了电话
I didn't mention it
我没跟你提及
because she confided in me the other day.
是因为她前两天对我倾诉来着
About her drug use?
关于她滥用药物的事
I overheard a snippet of conversation
我偶尔听到了一小段对话
while I was questioning her father.
当时我在询问她父亲
It didn't seem relevant.
似乎并没有很大联系
Has it become relevant?
现在有联系了吗
Well, she did mention something about her mother
她提到了她母亲并不是
not being the person that everyone thought she was.
人们所想像的那样
I must warn you, Watson.
我必须得提醒你华生
Whatever's on these videos is likely
马上将要出现在画面上的可能是
to be the vilest and most startling material
珀塞尔夫人所收集的录像当中
that Mrs. Purcell gathered,
最另人吃惊的
so you might not want to watch this.
你可能不会想看
Wow. Yeah, I don't know how
我不知道该怎样
I'm ever going to unsee any of that.
才能不去看你说的这些
What? What, who are you calling?
你给谁打电话
Captain Gregson.
格雷森警监
We need to go back to the Purcell home immediately.
我们得马上回到珀塞尔家里
Why? Because some French guy is putting on too much deodorant?
就因为几个法国男人喷了太多除臭剂
It's not what the people in these videos are doing,
不是因为录像上这些人做了什么
Watson, it's what they're saying.
华生,是因为他们的对话
You're quite good, you know that?
你相当不错,你知道吗
You really had me going the other day.
前几天你让我我功而返
Beg your pardon?
我没听明白
Your accent, your attire,
你们的口音,穿着
your decor-- it all virtually screams "Average American."
装饰,都想要表明你们是美国人
Except you're neither, are you?
但你们都不是
Someone want to tell me what the hell is going on here?
能告诉我这到底是怎么回事吗
Yeah, you're a... A spy.
你是个间谍
So was your late wife.
还有你已故的老婆也是
What?
什么
We have a warrant to search your home, Mr. Purcell.
珀塞尔先生,我们有搜查令
Based on what?
根据什么
Based on your secret videos
根据你们的秘密录像
that your wife made with her "Globally relevant" Guests.
你老婆给她的客户们录的影像
At first I thought she was using them
起初我认为她是拿它们来勒索
as blackmail-- why else would she
为什么她会在她的酒店里
facilitate a prostitution ring in her own hotel
安排卖淫行为
and collect none of the profits?
而她自己分文未取
Now I have the answer.
现在我找到了答案
The escorts made the hotel popular
那些陪同服务使她的酒店在
amongst international power brokers,
国际权力掮客,外籍商人
foreign businessmen, diplomats visiting the nearby UN--
和外交官当中非常受欢迎
only it wasn't their bad behavior
如果泰瑞想录下的
that Teri wanted caught on tape,
不是他们的不雅行为
it was their information.
那便是他们留下的情报
I imagine that while she was
我料想当她在酒店
collecting intelligence from her place of business,
收集情报的时候,你也同样在你的
you were doing the same at your financial consulting firm?
金融咨询公司收集情报
I was fired months ago. No. You resigned.
我几个月前就被解雇了, 你是辞职的
Your firm recently signed
你的公司最近和国防部
a contract with the Department of Defense.
签订了一份协议
The DOD would have required a thorough
国防部要对公司全员的背景
background check on everyone that worked at the company.
进行彻查
You knew your legend wouldn't hold up
在如此级别的审查下
to that level of scrutiny.
你知道你的伟绩很快就会败露
"Legend"?
伟绩
The elaborate and utterly false identities
你的俄罗斯间谍组织
provided by your Russian spymasters
煞费苦心包装的假身份
for you and your wife to pass as American citizens.
用来伪装你和你老婆成为美国市民
Oh, so now I'm not only a spy, I'm a Russian spy?
我不仅仅是个间谍,还是个俄国间谍
You made a point of stepping out
前几天你在握手的时候
to shake hands the other day.
往前走了两步
It's bad form in Russian culture
在俄国文化里在门拱下握手
to shake hands beneath the arch
是非常忌讳的
of a doorway, is it not? Then there were
是不是
the coins that your wife left lying around in her office.
还有你老婆留在她办公室里的硬币
In Russian folklore, money goes to money.
在俄国民俗里
Leaving coins out is a
留下硬币是
way of inviting good fortune into your life.
给你的生活带来好运的一种方式
Didn't quite work out for her, though, did it?
不过没给她带来什么好运
Listen to me.
听我说
If what happened to Teri
是因为她的间谍身份
had anything to do with her spying,
导致了她的死亡
now would be the time to tell us.
现在是时候该告诉我们真相了
I want a lawyer.
我需要个律师
Yeah, I would expect that you would.
正如我所料
Just got off the phone with the Feds.
刚和联邦调查局通过电话
They're on their way down.
他们正赶过来
Can I question Oliver now?
现在我能询问奥利弗吗
This is a joint investigation.
这次是联合调查
NYPD handles the homicide;
纽约警署处理杀人案
FBI handles the espionage.
联邦调查局处理间谍案
The homicide and the espionage are the same thing.
杀人案和间谍案就是一回事
We wait. As it is, we're lucky they're letting us sit in.
事实上我们能插手,就已经很幸运了
Oh, yeah, by all means, let's express our gratitude
请务必让我向那帮笨拙无能的官僚
to the lurching, inept bureaucracy
表达一下我的感激之情
that is preventing us from questioning a suspect
就是他们导致我们不能审问
who sits not ten feet away!
近在咫尺的嫌疑犯
Oh, good, you're here.
谢天谢地,你来了
He's doing his tantrum thing.
他在发小孩子脾气
I've been trying to get ahold of Carly
自从我听到你捉了卡莉的父亲
since I heard you picked up her father.
我一直在找她
Has anyone heard from her? Well, she wasn't home
有她的消息吗, 我们去捉奥利弗的时候
when we went to pick up Oliver,
她不在家里
so we left a uniform at the house.
所以我们留下了一套制服
She's 17 years old and she's in crisis.
她只有17岁而且正在经历危机
Her mother was just murdered, and she's about to find out
她母亲刚被杀,而且她马上就会知道
that both her parents are Russian spies.
她的父母都是俄国间谍
We need to find her.
我们得找到她
She's right. Carly could be in danger,
她说得对,卡莉正身处险境
especially if she was part of her parents' operation.
如果她是间谍行动的一部分,就更危险了
I talked to this girl-- she is a confused teenager,
我和那个姑娘谈过,她是迷茫的青少年
not a sleeper agent.
而不是潜伏特工
And now she's alone.
她现在孤独一人
Spies are never alone.
间谍们永远不会孤独一人
They have handlers.
她们都有幕后操手
And I know you probably have
我知道你可能
some figure in the back of your mind for how much...
在你脑海里想到了一些数
I was wrong about you, Geoffrey.
我看错你了,杰弗里
What?! We're in a meeting here.
我们正在开会呢
Ladies and gentlemen, kudos to you
女士们先生们,为你们
for your attraction to such a worthy cause.
投身于如此有价值的事业而致敬
The fact that I'm about to demonstrate
我将要揭露的事实是
that Mr. Silver is actually a Russian spy
希尔弗先生是一个俄国间谍
should by no means discourage you from giving,
绝不会阻止你们捐钱
and giving generously.
慷慨地捐钱
I don't know what the hell you are talking about,
我都不知道你在胡说些什么
but all three of you need to leave.
不过你们三个都给我离开
You provided Oliver and Teri Purcell
你给奥利弗和泰瑞·珀塞尔
with cash, cover, resources,
提供现金,庇护,资源
ferried their stolen secrets back to Mother Russia,
将他们偷到的情报运回你们俄国
all under the guise of your international charity work.
这一切都假借国际慈善活动做幌子
Quite a brilliant cover, actually.
非常精明的掩护
That is the craziest thing I've ever heard.
这是我听到的最疯狂的事情了
Is it? Well, we know that Teri Purcell was working as a spy,
是吗,我们知道泰瑞·珀塞尔是个间谍
and she was passing video recordings
她通过隐藏在普通照片中的
hidden behind mundane photographs via steganography.
加密信息来传送录像
It just so happens one of
两天前我们碰巧
those photographs was open on your desktop
在你的电脑上发现了一张照片
two days ago. Do you mind if I pull it up
你介意我打开它
so I can show Detective Bell? Yes. Abso...
以便给贝尔警探瞧瞧吗
No, I do; I do mind.
不行,我很介意
Would you get him out of here?
能把他带出去吗
I'm quite happy to leave by myself, actually.
事实上,我很乐意我自己走出去
Just tell me everything you know about who killed Teri Purcell.
只要你告诉我谁杀了泰瑞·珀塞尔
Oh, my God, I don't know who killed Teri.
我不知道谁杀了泰瑞
Now, if looking in my computer
如果你检查完我的电脑
is gonna get you to leave, then fine, go ahead.
你就离开,好吧,请便
Thank you.
谢谢
It's no longer there.
它不见了
Obviously, someone just scrubbed it clean.
很明显,有人把它删除了
If you're convinced that I'm a spy...
如果你确信我是个间谍
arrest me.
逮捕我
Otherwise, you got to go.
否则,请你离开
Captain Gregson, how may I be of assistance?
格雷森警监,有什么可以帮你的
Oliver Purcell's agreed to talk to us
奧利弗·珀赛尔同意与我们
and the FBI.
和联邦调查局谈谈
I told the Feds we wouldn't have
我告诉联邦调查局要是没有你
found the guy without you.
我们不可能找到凶手
They said you could sit in, all right?
他们允许你参加审讯,明白吗
Our handlers thought we'd work well together as a couple.
上级认为我们结婚会更有利于工作
Not because we were in love.
并不是因为我们相爱
Our relationship was never romantic, it was...
我们之间并不浪漫
a patriotic transaction.
而是一种爱国主义行为
But Carly is your biological daughter, correct?
但卡莉是你们的亲生女儿,对吗
That was two operatives obeying orders.
她是两个特工执行命令的产物
We started having sex
当上级要求我们生小孩的时候
when we were urged to conceive.
我们开始有性行为
Stopped when Teri got pregnant.
一直持续到泰瑞怀孕
Once we had Carly, we...
当卡莉出生的时候
looked more like a real American family.
我们看起来就像个典型的美国家庭
But...
但是
you can't raise a spy.
我不能再养育一个间谍
Teri and I found ourselves with a daughter.
泰瑞和我有了一个女儿
I may not have loved Teri,
也许我从来没爱过泰瑞
but we both loved Carly.
但我们都爱卡莉
When did you initiate her into the family business?
你是什么时候开始让她参与家庭事业的
Come on, Mr. Purcell,
说吧,珀赛尔先生
The Russians invested
俄国人为你的家庭
a great deal of time and money
投资了大量的时间和金钱
into your family-- they must have had a plan for Carly.
他们一定也为卡莉准备了任务
They did.
没错
But I worked 20 years for the SVR,
但我为俄罗斯对外情报局工作了20年
living a lie.
生活在谎言中
I wanted more for my daughter.
我不希望我女儿重蹈覆辙
You and your wife see eye to eye on that? No.
你和你妻子在这件事上意见一致吗, 不
Teri wanted to tell Carly.
泰瑞想告诉卡莉真相
To Teri, serving Russia was
对泰瑞来说,为俄罗斯工作
still the highest calling.
依然是排在第一位的
That's got to be a hard disagreement to resolve.
这个分歧一定很难解决
It was.
是很难
And so I... threatened to expose the operation.
所以我以暴露身份相威胁
Said I'd take my chances with the U.S. Government
在俄罗斯对外情报局利用我女儿之前
before I let the SVR use my daughter.
我会先向美国政府说出真相
That was enough to shut Teri and Geoffrey up.
这样就可以让泰瑞和杰弗里放弃
Geoffrey Silver, your handler?
杰弗里·西尔弗,你的上级吗
I believe that constitutes a positive I.D.
我相信这是确凿的指证
on Mr. Silver's involvement in e.
证明西尔弗先生参与了间谍活动
Look, I don't know who killed Teri,
我不知道是谁杀了泰瑞
but I'll plead guilty to the rest of it,
只要你们不牵扯到卡莉
tell you everything I know,
我会对所有指控认罪
but only if you leave Carly alone.
告诉你们我知道的一切
She's innocent.
她是无辜的
Put that in writing, and I'm yours.
给我一个书面保证,我就全听你们的
Hey, Carly.
你好,卡莉
Are you okay?
你还好吗
I was coming home last night
我昨晚回家的时候
when I saw the police taking my dad away.
看到警察带走了我爸爸
What's going on, Ms. Watson?
到底发生了什么,华生小姐
He's just answering some questions right now.
他只是回答一些警察的问题
D-Do they think he had something to do with my mom?
难道他们认为我爸跟我妈的死有关吗
'Cause he didn't!
他没有
Okay, tell me where you are,
告诉我你在哪
and I'll come and meet you, all right?
我马上过去见你,好吗
Thanks for meeting me.
谢谢你过来见我
It's been a rough couple of days, you know?
这几天真的很难熬,你知道吗
Of course. I get it.
是的,我完全明白
Carly, you said the other night
卡莉,前几天晚上你说
that your mom wasn't who everyone thought she was.
你妈妈其实并不是人们想的那样
Did you know she was a spy?
你知道她是间谍吗
And your father, too?
你爸爸呢
How long have you known for?
你什么时候知道的
My mom told me a few days ago.
几天前妈妈告诉我的
That's a lot for anyone to process.
这对任何人来说都很难接受
My father shouldn't be under arrest-- it's my fault.
我爸不应该被捕的,都是我的错
You can't take on your parents' mistakes. You don't understand.
你不应该承担你父母的错误, 你不明白
I'm the one who's responsible.
我是那个应该负责任的人
I killed my mother.
是我杀了妈妈
I, um, I got my letter of acceptance
那天我收到了密歇根大学
from Michigan that day.
的录取通知书
Full scholarship.
全额奖学金
The first thing I do is call my mom,
我的第一反应就是给我妈打电话
'cause I figured she'd be as thrilled as I was.
因为我认为她会和我一样欣喜若狂
It's okay, Carly.
没关系的,卡莉
Just try to tell us what happened.
告诉我们到底发生了什么
She just... she sounded weird.
她当时听起来很奇怪
She told me that I had to go straight to the hotel, and so I did.
她让我直接去宾馆,我就去了
And when I got there, she told me that Michigan
见面之后,她告诉我不要考虑
was out of the question, that I was going to Georgetown,
密歇根大学,我一定要上乔治城大学
and... and I didn't understand why she was being so insistent.
我不明白她为什么如此坚持
But then she explained why.
然后她告诉了我原因
She told you the truth about... her and your father?
她告诉你她和你父亲的真实身份了吗
At first, I thought it was a joke.
一开始,我以为她在开玩笑
Like, Russian spies?
什么俄罗斯间谍
We-we live in Westchester.
我们住在威斯特彻斯特
We have a minivan.
我家有一辆小面包车
But it wasn't a joke.
但那不是玩笑
Every-Everything my parents had told me was a lie.
我父母之前告诉我的一切都是谎言
Odd that your father wasn't there, as well, no?
你父亲当时并不在场有点奇怪,不是吗
She told me that we had to keep it between the two of us.
她告诉我这是我们两个之间的秘密
That he wouldn't understand, and so,
他不会明白的
it was really important for all of us
所以我一定要
for me to do exactly what she told me to do.
严格执行她说的每一句话
Did she threaten you?
她威胁你了吗
She told me there were people out there who could hurt us.
她告诉我如果我不这么做会有人伤害我们
And I figured that they were the people she was working for.
我猜她指得是她的上级
Why was your mom so intent on you going to Georgetown?
为什么你妈妈一定要让你去乔治城
She said they have the better government program.
她说那里有更好的政府相关项目
She said that a degree
她说拿到相关学位
from there would really mean something.
对我将来很有帮助
I guess, after college,
我猜我毕业后
I was supposed to get a job in Washington, or...
要在华盛顿谋得一个职位,或者
Where you could operate as a second generation agent.
在任何你可以作为第二代间谍工作的地方
U.S. National
美国公民
who could penetrate the corridors of government power
可以通过一切政务机关的背景检查
and gain access to information she never could.
接触一些她永远都接触不到的信息
She had my whole life planned out.
她把我这一辈子都决定了
She wanted me to give up everything I ever wanted
她要我为了一个我从没见过的国家
for a country I'd never even seen,
而放弃我曾经想要拥有的一切
so I said, "No."
我告诉她我不要
I said no to Georgetown, no to spying.
我不要去乔治城,我也不要当间谍
I was going to Michigan, I was going to play soccer.
我一定要去密歇根,而且我要踢足球
I just... I...
我只是
I'd fought back from too much
我当时反应太激烈
not to follow my dream.
因为我可能无法实现我的梦想
I-I told her
我告诉她
that I'd go to the police if she tried to stop me.
如果她要阻止我,我就去找警察
I told her that-that
我告诉她
I'd tell them about her.
我要去揭发她
But then, as I was leaving...
然后,我要走的时候
she grabbed me, and...
她抓住了我
I-I don't know. I was just...
我也不知道,我当时只是
I was so freaked out that...
我当时太生气了
I-I guess I just... I guess I just shoved her.
我就推开了她
I called her name a couple of times,
我不停地叫着她的名字
but she just lay there. She...
但她只是躺在那
That's-that's when Mr. Silver came in.
这个时候西尔弗先生进来了
Geoffrey Silver?
杰弗里·西尔弗吗
He told me that he was my mom's handler
他告诉我他是我妈的上级
and that-th-that
而且
I was in a lot of trouble.
我的麻烦大了
He told me that...
他告诉我
if I didn't go right away
如果我不马上走的话
I was gonna go to jail
我一定会进监狱
and I was never gonna see my dad again.
而且永远也不能见我爸爸
I-I was... I was so afraid, I...
我当时太害怕了
My dad was all I had left, and I just...
我只剩下我爸爸能依靠了
I didn't know what to do, so I went home and...
我也不知道要做什么,所以我回家了
I didn't say anything.
没对任何人说起这件事
Whatever-whatever else
无论你
you think my dad did,
认为我爸爸做了什么
he didn't kill my mom.
他没有杀我妈妈
I did.
是我杀的
I'm very sorry.
我很抱歉
But I can neither confirm nor deny anything
但我对卡莉·珀赛尔告诉你们的事
Carly Purcell may have told you.
不置可否
'Cause you don't
因为你不想
want to be charged as an accessory to murder?
被指控为谋杀的帮凶吗
And because I don't recognize your authority.
而且因为我在你们的管理权限之外
Finished playing the part of the American citizen, I see.
看来你不再装作是美国公民了
You know you're going to jail
你清楚不论是否承认
either way, right?
你都要进监狱吗
Oliver Purcell's given the FBI enough to put you away
奧利弗·珀赛尔提供给联邦调查局的信息
for the rest of your natural life.
足够让你一辈子都呆在监狱里
Did I say something funny to you?
你觉得我刚才说的很好笑吗
I'd be very surprised if I spent more than a week
如果我在你们的任何一个监狱里待的时间
in one of your jails.
超过一个星期,我会非常吃惊的
People in my alleged line of work
干我们这行的
don't tend to be locked up.
绝对不会被关起来
We tend to be traded.
我们更倾向于做交换
The U.S. Government is probably
美国政府大概正在
perusing a catalogue of political prisoners
列一份想让俄罗斯释放的
they'd like released from Russia,
在押政治犯的名单吧
as we speak.
就在我们说话的时候
Well, then.
既然这样
I guess we'll just let the Feds do
我们就让联邦调查局
whatever it is the Feds do.
做他们该做的事吧
Come on.
走吧
You ruined that girl's life.
你毁了那个女孩
I must say, Watson, I'm quite flattered.
不得不说,华生,我深感荣幸
It's a lovely homage to my methodology.
这是对我的方法论表现出的崇高敬意
But why apply it to a case that's already solved?
但为什么用在一个已解决的案子上
That door was closed.
门是关着的
Was it?
是的吗
Look, I just...
我只是
Carly Purcell didn't deserve what's happened to her.
卡莉·珀赛尔不该承受这些
I just thought if I looked at the evidence one more time...
我只是想如果再梳理一遍证据
I don't know.
我不清楚
You could what? Rewrite history?
你就能怎样,改写历史
She already confessed.
她都认罪了
What is that?
那是什么
Spaghetti in a mug?
用马克杯放意大利面
I take it that, uh, there's still no clean bowls or plates?
我猜猜,还是没有干净的碗或者盘子
How do you deal with...
你怎么处理
cases not working out the way you want them to?
和你预想不一样的案件
The only promise a puzzle makes is an answer.
谜题带来的唯一保证就是与之相对的答案
Liking the answer doesn't factor in.
不用考虑是否喜欢那个答案
In our line of work it mustn't.
尤其我们这行,绝对不能考虑
You're right.
你说得对
What is that?
那是什么
Oh, uh, Teri Purcell's autopsy report
泰瑞·珀赛尔的尸检报告
just showed up on our front doorstep.
刚刚出现在我们的前门台阶上
Oh, I actually requested that from Gregson's office.
是我向格雷森办公室的人要的
There's a break in the fourth metacarpal.
第四掌骨部分有断裂
That is a... boxer's fracture.
那是拳击手骨折
Resulting from a clenched fist striking something or...
成因是用紧握的拳头击打某个东西或者
someone.
某个人
You don't think that...
你不会认为
that Teri fought back against Carly, do you?
泰瑞回击了卡莉吧
She just willingly confessed to matricide this afternoon.
她今天下午才自愿承认弑母
I doubt she would leave out the part where her mum fought back.
我不信她会漏下她母亲反击的部分
The pen.
钢笔
Yeah.
对啊
Mr. Silver.
西尔弗先生
Such a pleasure to see you again.
真高兴再见到你
You're angry.
你很生气
You know the government's working
你知道政府正在考虑
on one of those deals you mentioned,
你提过的一条交易
looking to trade you back to where you came from.
把你交换回你来的地方
I'm afraid I'm about to bollocks that all up for you now.
恐怕我不得不敲碎你的美梦了
That would be... impressive.
那可真是,厉害啊
For the record, Mr. Silver,
正式声明,西尔弗先生
you never saw Teri,
你在谋杀案前夜
you never visited her at the hotel the night of her murder?
没见过泰瑞,也没去酒店见过她
As I explained to your men the day I met them,
就像我第一天见到你的人所说的一样
I didn't see her for the entire week befor she died.
我在她死前一整周都没见过她
Nyet, comrade. Big lie.
不,同志,大谎话
You saw her the day she died.
在她死的那天你见过她
You came running into her office when you realized
在你意识到她和她女儿的会面不妙时
her meeting with her daughter had gone south.
你奔进她的办公室
You then pressured Carly into joining the family business,
你逼迫卡莉加入家庭事业
and you asked her to leave
然后叫她离开
so you could dispose of her mother's body.
以便你处理她母亲的尸体
The only problem was,
唯一的问题就在于
she wasn't dead yet.
她那时还没断气
You had a big decision to make.
你需要作出一个重大的决定
You'd just used her apparent murder
你需要用她的死亡
to leverage her daughter into becoming a spy.
促使她的女儿成为一名间谍
Carly was quite an asset for you.
卡莉对你而言很有用
A real U.S. citizen.
一个真正地美国公民
Not much use in the short term, but in the long term--
虽然短期内用不上,但是长远来看
sky's the limit.
完全没有限制
I mean, she-she could be
当所有的事情办妥之后
President Purcell when all was said and done.
她可以成为珀赛尔总统
Unfortunately, the same could not be said for poor Teri.
不幸的是,这对于泰瑞可不起效
So you decided to...
于是你决定
retire her.
炒了她
Teri fought back, though.
可是泰瑞还击了
She hit you hard enough to break her hand.
她用力击打你以至于手掌骨折
When that didn't work, she relieved you of that.
可不起作用,然后你就大意了
Used it to stab at you.
她用笔来捅你
She only managed to break it open in her hand.
却只是弄断了它
Nonsense.
胡扯
Yeah. I can understand why it looks that way, yeah.
是的,我能理解为什么你这么说
After all, there was no ink found at the crime scene.
毕竟,犯罪现场没发现墨汁
None on Teri, none on any of the other linens in the washer.
泰瑞身上和洗衣机里的床单上也没有
But then I thought, just because you can't see a stain
但是我想到,污点并不是你看不到
doesn't mean it isn't there.
就不存在的
Are you familiar with the concept of invisible ink?
你对于隐形墨水的概念熟悉吗
Invisible ink?
隐形墨水
Yeah. Yeah, trust me.
是的,相信我
I know precisely how ridiculous it sounds.
我知道这听起来有多可笑
Might as well have a phone in your shoe.
就跟你的鞋里面藏有电话一样
And yet, spies like you
但是,像你这样的间谍
have been using it for centuries.
已经使用了几个世纪
This pen, for example, had traces of a type known as
比如,这只钢笔用的就是
permanent fluorescing ink,
永久荧光油墨
imperceptible to the human eye,
肉眼看不到
and revealed only under an ultraviolet light.
只在紫外线照射下才能显现
Now, I went to the morgue this morning,
我今天早上去了一趟停尸间
and I shone Teri's hand under a UV lamp.
我用紫外线灯照射泰瑞的手
Even after the wash, her palm was covered in the stuff.
即便被洗过,她的手掌仍满是墨汁
And when she struggled with you,
当她和你纠缠的时候
she got it all over your clothes.
她也弄了你一身的墨
Captain, if you will?
警监,来吧
Exhibit B.
证物B
Your Zegna shirt,
你的杰尼亚衬衫
raided from your closet
今天早些时候从你的
earlier today, under a warrant.
衣橱里搜来的,有搜查令
When I shine a UV lamp on it,
当我用紫外线灯照射它的时候
the story it reveals is as clear as it is compelling.
真相就无比明朗了
And that's Teri's handprint on your shirt.
你的衬衫上有泰瑞的手印
You didn't just see her the other night,
你那晚不仅见了她
you killed her.
还杀害了她
You were right the other day.
那天你说得对
The U.S.
美国政府
would trade a spy under the right circumstances.
在合适的情况下会交换间谍
These, however, are not those circumstances.
但是这个,不属于那些情况
A matter of fact,
事实上
I see your stay in the States being extended.
我倒觉得你在美国的时间会更长了
Somewhere along the lines of 20 to life?
在某个地方待上20年到一辈子
What's going to happen with my dad?
我爸爸会怎么样
He's cooperating
他现在正在
with the FBI right now, in exchange for immunity.
和联邦调查局的人商谈,以获得豁免
You'll both be placed in Witness Protection
你们都会处于证人保护计划下
and get a new start.
迎来新的开始
I, uh...
我
I know my mom was asking me to do something really terrible,
我知道我妈妈要求我做很坏的事情
but I loved her, and I just,
但是我爱她,我
I still feel really, really responsible.
我仍觉得自己要承担责任
It's going to hurt for a while.
这会使你伤心一段时间
You need to let it.
你需要面对它
And if any old demons come back...
如果以前的痛苦又来了
I'll-I'll-I'll call you.
我会打给你
Or I'll... I'll talk to my dad.
或者我,和我爸爸谈谈
I promise.
我保证
Listen, if you two are through,
你们俩要是谈完了
I can take Miss Purcell to see her dad now.
我要带珀赛尔小姐去见她爸爸了
Great.
好的
Thank you.
谢谢你
Tough times don't last.
艰难的时光不会太久
Tough people do.
坚强的人才能挺到最后
How's Miss Purcell?
珀赛尔小姐怎么样
As well as can be expected.
已经不错了
Quite proud of you, Watson--
我很为你骄傲,华生
your doggedness.
你的坚持
I give you as much credit
在这件案子上
for solving this case as I do myself.
我对你的信心就像对自己一样
Thanks.
谢谢
Hm. No wonder you're so keen to stay on as my associate.
难怪你那么渴望能在我身边做我的助手
Sherlock...
夏洛克
As I proposed the other day,
我那天就提议过
we can tell my father I've hit a bit of a rough patch.
我们可以告诉我父亲,我正陷入艰难时期
He'll keep the checks coming.
他会继续发你工资
You can continue to hone your skill.
你就能继续磨练你的技能了
I took another job this morning.
今天早上我接了另一份工作
I work with other therapists,
我和其他治疗师一起工作
and I was referred to another client,
我被安排去接另一位客户
so I'll be starting with him next week,
所以下周我们俩圆满收尾后
after you and I wrap up.
我就要去陪他了
I see.
懂了
I'm usually quite good with deductions.
我通常的推理还是很不错的
Are you okay?
你还好吗
My dear Watson, whenever am I not?
亲爱的华生,我什么时候不好了呢