I got up early, so I could figure out
我这么早起床,是为了考虑
if there's anything around here that I could stand living with.
这里有没有哪样家具我能接着用
You want to move in together? If the offer still stands.
你要搬过来一起住吗,如果你还邀请我的话
Are you kidding me?
开玩笑吗
You slept with Quentin while he was married to me.
奎汀跟我还是夫妻时,你就跟他上床了
I asked you back then
我那时问你
if anything had started before we were separated.
我们分开前,你们是不是就有一腿了
You said it hadn't.
你说没有
'Cause I didn't want to hurt you.
那是因为我不想伤害你
Here's to your new partnership.
敬崭新的合伙关系
I fronted your buyin.
我替你付了买入股份款
How could you do that?
你怎么能这么做
I did it as a romantic gesture.
我把它当作浪漫之举
Yeah, well, pretty woman may have been a romantic movie,
是啊,美女或许爱演浪漫电影
But Julia Roberts was still a hooker.
但朱莉亚·罗伯茨还是个妓女
How long have you known Quentin had A.L.S.?
你知道奎汀有肌萎缩侧索硬化症多久了
From the beginning.
一开始就知道
And how long have you known Quentin falsified
那你知道他为了自救,在实验结果上造假
trial results to get the drug on the market?
好让药早点上市这件事多久了
He didn't lie. But you did.
他没撒谎,但你撒谎了
I love him. So what else could I do?
而我爱他,我还能怎么做
I am in this, Scottie.
我是认真的,斯科特
Okay.
好的
So am I.
我也是
I think Mike Ross went to a subpar law school
认为迈克·罗斯上的是一所很差的法学院
and has been lying about it the whole time.
而且一直在用谎言掩盖这个事实
Just call up Harvard and ask for a copy of his transcript.
给哈佛打电话要一份他的成绩单复印件
Professor Gerard's legal ethics class,
吉拉德教授的法律职业道德课
did you ever hear of anybody ever getting an aplus?
你听说过谁得了"A+"吗
No, he's famous for never giving higher than an "A."
没有,他就是以给分不超过"A"出名的
Well, what are you so happy about?
你为什么这么开心啊
I made bubblewrap slippers this morning while you were in the shower.
今早上你冲澡时我用泡沫布做了拖鞋
I specifically told you the bubble wrap is for the dishes.
我还特地告诉过你,泡沫布是用来包盘子的
I also made a hat.
我还做了顶帽子
Okay, I'm moving in with a tenyearold.
好吧,我要跟个十岁小孩同居了
And you love me.
你爱我的
I do.
是啊
Hey, I was thinking,
我在想
what are we going to do about our bed?
我们的床要怎么办啊
We already have two.
我们已经有两张床了
I know, but, yeah, we do.
是啊
But don't you think a new beginning deserves a new bed?
但你不觉得新的开始该买新的床吗
That...is incredibly sweet.
这真是太可爱了
Yeah, not bad for a tenyearold, huh?
十岁小孩能想到真不赖哈
What kind of bed were you thinking?
你想要什么样的床
Whichever one we pick out after we test them tonight.
我们今晚试过之后挑一个呗
And did you have any particular test in mind?
你想好了什么特定的测试吗
Well, now I do.
现在有了
See, I don't think the store is gonna let us run that kind of test.
不过店家估计不会允许我们那么测试吧
Yeah. No, you're right.
是啊,有道理
We should probably just test ours before we go out tonight.
我们今晚出去之前在家测试一下吧
What are you doing?
你干什么啊
I think that Louis might have just seen us.
路易刚刚可能看到我们了
Come on, what's the difference?
那又怎么样啊
We're moving in together.
我们要同居了
I think it's time we stopped keeping it a secret.
我们是不是别再保密了
But keeping it a secret is sort of fun.
但是保密还挺好玩的嘛
And sexy.
还性感
And I am pro sexyI mean, I did make
我是最赞成性感的了,我可是做了
those bubblewrap slippers and hat after all,
泡沫布拖鞋和帽子呢
which is funny, 'cause...
说来好笑
that's not sexy, it's just fun.
因为那不叫性感,只是好玩
It's something. Something.
算是吧,算是
I made you some too.
我还给你做了
Hey, Harvey, she won't be back for another week,
哈维,她至少还要一周才会回来呢
so I don't think you need to start drinking just yet.
你现在还是先别开瓶了
You want to make fun, or you want to help me
你是要取笑我,还是帮我想想
figure out where to put this?
这东西该放哪
A bottle of scotch?
威士忌酒
You couldn't get her anything more personal?
你就不能给她买点更贴心的礼物吗
She likes scotch. You like scotch.
她喜欢威士忌,那是你
She likes me. Therefore...
她喜欢我,因此
Why don't you just attach a card that says,
你何不附上张卡片
"Welcome, generic senior partner"?
写上"欢迎,随便你是谁,资深合伙人"
This is a $12,000 bottle of scotch,
这可是一万二的威士忌
and this is one of three left in the world.
而且是全球仅有的三瓶之一
That doesn't say generic, that says
这怎么能算是"随便"呢,这表示...
You're one of three very expensive things
你是我最近买下的三样
I recently purchased.
贵重物品之一
We worked it out about the buyin.
入股的事我们谈开了
And this is gonna unwork it out.
那这只会揭开疮疤
You know, it's funny.
说来好笑
First it was too generic. Now it's special.
先说这不够贴心,现在又变成有特殊意义了
What are you saying?
你什么意思
I don't think you have a problem with my choice of gift.
你觉得你不是不满意我选择的礼品
I think you have a problem with my choice of recipient.
我觉得你是对接受礼物的人有意见
Do you think scottie would even be here if it wasn't for me?
如果不是我,你觉得斯科特能来这儿吗
No, I don't.
是不能
Harvey, I want this for you.
哈维,我希望你能如愿
I want it to work, and I'm just trying to
我也希望你们能好好的,我只是想
Make sure I don't screw it up.
确保我不搞砸了
Well, we both know you're gonna screw it up.
我们都知道那是早晚的事
I'm just trying to delay that as long as possible.
我只是想让那天尽量晚点来
You sure about this?
你确定吗
That bottle is the reason I buy my own present for secretary's day.
那瓶酒就是我秘书日时自己买礼物的原因
There's a secretary's day? There is.
还有秘书日呢,有啊
And you're very generous.
而且你可慷慨了
How you doing, Mike?
你好吗,迈克
Are you excited or what?
激动吗
Excited about what?
激动什么
Didn't you get my email?
没收到我的电邮吗
Oh, there it is.
收到了
Why don't you read it?
读读吧
Oh, actually, you know what, never mind.
算了
I'll just let you know what it says.
我就直接告诉你吧
It's so great. You're gonna love it.
很棒的,你一定喜欢
It says I invited Henry Gerard here
我请了亨利·吉拉德周五过来
to give a lecture this Friday.
做讲座
That's great.
好啊
You don't even know who he is, do you?
你根本不知道那是谁吧
Professor Henry Gerard,
亨利·吉拉德教授嘛
author of the definitive text in legal ethics
法律道德课教材的作者
and chair of the department for the last 20 years.
在该部门任了20年的主席
Yeah, I know who he is.
我当然知道他
And do you also remember what you got in his class?
那你还记得你在他班上拿的分数吗
It's pretty hard to forget an aplus.
A+不容易忘啊
Yeah, it's pretty hard to forget a grade that never happened.
是啊,忘记不可能的分数的确不容易
No one gets an aplus in Gerard's class.
吉拉德从不给人A+
Yeah, well, no one can recite an entire chapter of his book from memory.
也没人能背下他书里的一整章
But I can and did. Bullsh.
除了我,我做到了,胡说
You never got an aplus because you never took his class.
你没拿到A+ ,因为你从没上过那门课
It's a required class, Louis. Of course I took it.
那是必修课,路易,我当然修了
Not if you never went to Harvard.
除非你就没去过哈佛
Louis, that is insane.
路易,别傻了
I have a transcript from Harvard.
我有哈佛的成绩单
I have a degree from Harvard. That's because I
我有哈佛的学位,因为
Wait, let me guess. 'cause you went to Harvard?
慢着,我猜猜,因为你去过哈佛吗
See, Mike, here's the situation.
你瞧,迈克,问题是
I don't believe you.
我不相信你
And I don't want to call Gerard up and ask him
我也不想给吉拉德打电话问他
'cause I don't want the world laughing at my firm.
因为我不想让我的公司被世人嘲笑
But if he doesn't walk up to you on Friday
但如果周五的时候,他没有走过来
and say, "Mike Ross, my beloved student
对你说,迈克·罗斯,我的得意门生
who I remember, because he's the only one
我记得你,你是唯一
I ever gave an aplus to,"
我给了A+的学生
Well, then, I'm gonna know you're lying.
那我就知道你是在撒谎了
And if you still don't come clean,
如果你还不肯承认
I'm gonna launch a formal investigation,
那我就启动正式调查
whether it makes my firm look bad or not.
不管那会不会让事务所难堪
This is crazy. There is nothing to investigate.
别发疯了,没什么可调查的
Well, I'd rather risk looking crazy to root out an impostor
那我宁可像个疯子一样揪出冒牌货
than to risk letting that impostor poison everything that I stand for.
也不能冒险让那个冒牌货毁了我在乎的一切
It's over, Mike.
结束了,迈克
I'm on to you,
我盯上你了
and I'm gonna expose you
我要揭露你
for the lying piece of filth that you are.
撒谎卑贱的真面目
Don't forget to rinse your mouth out
你吐完了
after you're done throwing up.
别忘记漱口
Do you remember when you said if Louis knew, we'd know?
你以前说过,如果路易知情了,我们会知道
He knows.
他知道了
What did he do?
他做了什么
He's bringing in Henry Gerard to give a lecture.
他要请亨利·吉拉德来做讲座
So what?
那又怎样
It'll only be the first time you've had to suffer through it.
这会是你第一次受他讲座的摧残
He's bringing him in because he saw
他带他来是因为他看到
I got an Aplus in his class.
我在他课上拿过A+
What? No one gets an Aplus in Gerard's class.
什么,没人能在吉拉德课上拿到A+
Welcome to the problem. God damn it.
这就是问题所在,该死的
Donna, get in here.
唐娜,进来
Why are you calling Donna?
你叫唐娜干什么
Because she's the one who found out that Louis knows
因为是她发现路易已经知道
you don't have a file in the Harvard file room.
哈佛大学档案库里没有你
How do you know that?
你怎么知道
Because Louis's new girlfriend
因为路易的新女朋友
is the queen of that file room,
是管哈佛大学档案库的
and she left him alone in there.
而且她还把他留在了那里
You guys didn't think to mention this?
你们怎么没跟我说一下呢
I thought I handled it.
我以为我处理好了
She did handle it.
她确实处理了
She sent him to sniff out your transcript.
她让他去查看你的成绩单
Only she didn't realize you gave yourself
结果没想到法律伦理学课
an Aplus in legal ethics.
你居然给自己打了A+
I didn't give it to myself. Lola Jensen did.
不是我打的,是罗拉·詹森打的
I don't give a shit who gave it to you,
谁给你打的分并不重要
unless it was professor Gerard, which it wasn't.
问题在于分数不是吉拉德教授打的
How many people take the class?
修这门课的人有多少
I mean, maybe Mike will just be another face in the crowd.
也许,迈克可以混迹在人群中
Louis is bringing him here
路易请他过来
to see if he embraces his star student.
是为了看他是否认得自己的得意门生
The worst thing I can do is just be another face in the crowd.
混迹在人群中完全是个馊主意
We need to make it so that he doesn't come.
一定要确保他来不了
It's not gonna happen.
不行
The man doesn't back out of commitments.
他从来不会取消约定
His favorite quote is "For the law to work,
他最喜欢的名言是"法律的运转
there must be honor in one's word."
离不开人的言行如一"
Who's he quoting? Himself.
这是谁的名言,他自己的
Pompous prick.
自恋狂
Guy never practiced a day in his life,
他根本没参与过实战
thinks he can write the book on realworld ethics.
就敢写法律社会伦理学方面的书
Okay.
好吧
I'm not panicking, but what are we gonna do?
我不恐慌,但是我们该怎么办
Right now, you're gonna sit tight.
你暂时先静观其变
And what are you going to do?
那你们怎么做
I think it's time to tell Jessica.
我觉得应该告诉杰西卡
We need to talk.
我们得谈谈
We do. You know?
确实,你知道了吗
No, but whatever it is, it can wait.
不知道,但不管是什么,先等等
This isn't something that can wait.
这个事情等不了
Quentin died.
奎汀去世了
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
I knew A.L.S. wasn't gonna be a picnic.
我知道肌萎缩侧索硬化症不容乐观
And I knew this was coming, but it doesn't
我也知道总有这么一天,但是...
Look, if you need some time, I can manage things here.
如果你需要一段时间调整,我可以照顾这里
The truth is, Harvey, I'd take it.
哈维,我很想休息
but Lisa's on her way in
但丽萨正在路上
to discuss Quentin's will with us.
要跟我们讨论奎汀的遗嘱
Us?
我们
Quentin named you and I coexecutors of his estate.
奎汀让我们来担任他财产的遗嘱执行人
You're her husband's exwife.
你是她丈夫的前妻
I doubt Lisa sees this as just business.
我觉得丽萨不会把这件事当成公事
No, I can't imagine she does.
肯定不会
Can you see this as just business?
你能把这件事完全当公事吗
You don't like her,
你不喜欢她
you don't trust her, and you have good reason for both.
也不信任她,而且这非常理所当然
Quentin asked me to do this.
奎汀要求我这样做
Maybe he gave you a coexecutor for a reason.
也许他让我也当遗嘱执行人是有原因的
You're saying he was giving me an out?
你是说他在给我机会退出吗
No, I'm just saying that I'm here,
不,我只是说我会陪着你
and you don't have to do this.
所以你不用勉强自己
Harvey, he asked me,
哈维,他给了我责任
and I'm not going to let him down.
我不会让他失望
Mike, you can't just wait for the ax to fall.
迈克,你不能坐以待毙
I didn't just wait. I armed myself.
我没有坐以待毙,我做了准备
I learned everything there is to know about Gerard and his class.
充分了解了吉拉德和他的课程信息
Harvey is right. This guy is a prick.
哈维说得对,这货真是自恋狂
He makes everybody read his books
他让所有学生必须读他的书
and then doesn't even test on them.
但根本不会考里面的内容
Okay, but arming yourself isn't enough.
好吧,但是这种准备不够
We need to actually do something.
我们得做点别的
Harvey told me to sit tight.
哈维让我静观其变
That's exactly what I'm gonna do.
所以我就静观其变
Right, that's because Harvey's life isn't on the line.
是吗,可那是因为哈维并不危险
Ours is.
我们很危险
Ours?
我们
Mike, I am not moving in with you
迈克,我选择跟你同居
because I need a new place to live.
不是因为我要找新住处
Okay, so what do you think we should do?
好吧,那我们应该怎么办
What's gonna make him believe that you went to Harvard?
怎样才能让他相信你上过哈佛大学
Well, if my transcript, diploma,
我的成绩单,毕业证书
and the job you can only get by having attended Harvard
还有一份只有哈佛毕业生能拿到的工作
aren't enough, I'm not really sure what is.
这样都不够的话,我也不知道了
Well, there's got to be something you can say.
肯定有点什么话可以说吧
Look, Rachel, you know Louis.
瑞秋,你也知道路易这人
The more I try and deny it,
我越努力否认
the more he's gonna come after me.
他就越会追根究底
I can't believe this.
真是难以置信
He is not gonna be happy
他这人就这样
until he has a signed full confession proving he was right.
一定要证明自己是对的才满意
You're right.
没错
And that's exactly what I'm gonna give him.
那我就让他满意
Come on.
来吧
It's all fairly straightforward.
你还真是直截了当
The company shouldn't be affected.
公司不应该受影响
Tim can continue with the daytoday
这份遗嘱进行法律认证事
while this works its way through probate.
蒂姆可以继续过日常生活
Well, the daytoday's going to change.
可是日常生活会发生变化
How so? We have an offer from Pryzen.
为什么,普莱森提出了一个交易
You want to sell the company?
你想卖掉公司吗
I want to accept an offer.
我想接受这个交易
Well, that was fast.
你动作真快
Excuse me?
你说什么
What Jessica is saying is
杰西卡的意思是
Pryzen didn't waste any time swooping in.
普莱森还真是见缝插针
No, what I'm saying is,
不,我的意思是
before we authorize anything,
再进行法律认证之前
we need to evaluate if this is even a good idea.
得先确定这样是否有好处
I don't see why.
没必要
Our general counsel thinks it's a good idea, and I agree.
我们的法律顾问认为这样可以,我同意
And I'm the one who's inheriting the majority of the company,
而且公司的股份大部分由我继承
so it's my decision. Actually, it isn't.
所以我有权决定,不,并不是这样
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
My job is to see that Quentin's wishes are fulfilled.
我的工作是确保奎汀能够得偿所愿
Are you implying that you know his wishes better than I do?
你是在暗示,你比我更了解他的遗愿吗
I'm implying he's not dead a week,
我是在暗示,他去世不到一周
and you want to strip his name off the door and into oblivion.
你就要把他的名字从公司除掉,永不提起
What I want to do is put the drug
我是要让他穷极一生
that he dedicated his life to
研发出的药品
in the hands of a company with the resources to finish it.
交给有资源去完成的公司手里
And I was there
当他为这样的公司工作时
when he worked for companies like this.
我还在他身边
And he hated them,
而他讨厌这些公司
which is why he went out on his own.
这也是后来他出去自己干的原因
You were there?
你在他身边
Well, that's not how I heard the story.
我听说的可不是这样
All right, we're not doing this.
行了,我们不是来吵架的
You want to sell your shares?
你想要卖掉你的股份吗
No one's saying you can't.
没人说你不可以
But we have a responsibility to evaluate it.
但我们有责任对它进行评估
Remember when you said you'd try to be conciliatory?
还记得你说过你会试着和解的
I never said that.
我从没说过那句话
Well, you should have,
你应该这么说的
'cause you sure couldn't keep the personal out of it.
因为你绝对没办法不带私人感情色彩
I didn't think they were gonna come at me
我不觉得他们会伙同所有员工
with all that stuff.
一起逼我
They weren't coming at you.
他们没要逼你
They were coming with a proposal.
他们只是带来了一个提议
Do you really think that offer came out of thin air?
你真的觉得那个提议是凭空而来的吗
I think it's possible they waited to pounce.
我觉得他们有可能是等着攻其不备
It's also possible
也有可能是
that Lisa and Tim put this in motion
在奎汀还躺在病床上时
while Quentin was lying in his hospital bed.
丽莎和蒂姆就开始找买家了
And what if they did?
那假如真是这样呢
Is that really our business?
这是我们该管的事吗
Jessica, I understand how hard this is for you,
杰西卡,我知道这对你而言有多困难
but his legacy is this drug.
但这个药才是他的心血遗作
It's not about whose name is on the company that makes it.
而不在于是制成此药是否在他名下
You're saying you agree with Lisa.
你是说你赞同丽莎吗
I'm saying to you now what I tried to tell you before.
我现在说的正是我之前试图告诉你的
This is personal for you. It's not personal for me.
你肯定会带私人感情色彩,而我不会
So before we take another step,
所以在我们有进一步行动之前
let me evaluate this offer.
让我先评估一下这个提议吧
You're right.
你说的没错
I lied to you.
我骗了你
I lied to everyone.
我骗了所有人
I cheated to get here,
我是作弊才进了这里
and if you put me in front of Henry Gerard,
假如你把我推到亨利·吉拉德面前
he's not gonna remember me.
他是不会记得我的
'Cause you never took his class.
因为你从来没上过他的课
Because I never went to his class.
因为我从来没去上过他课
'Cause you never went to Harvard.
因为你从来没上过哈佛
That's not true. Bullshit.
不是这样的,放屁
Louis, please, look,
路易,拜托,听着
I know you have every right to be angry with me.
我知道你完全有权利生我的气
I'm not angry.
我没生气
Angry is just a flash in the pan.
气愤只是一闪而过
My outrage is here to stay,
但我对你的痛恨却是绵绵无绝期的
and I will obliterate any infection threatening my firm.
而我会消灭一切威胁我律所的毒瘤
I'm not the infection you think I am.
我不是你认为的毒瘤
The only thing that's bullshit is that Aplus!
唯一造了假的就是那个A+
What?
你说什么
Louis, I went to Harvard. I...
路易,我上过哈佛的,我...
I just changed my grade.
我只是改了我的成绩
You expect me to believe that?
你觉得我会相信你这套说辞吗
I have always been the smartest kid
我一直是我上过的每所学校里
at every school that I went to.
最聪明的学生
High school, college, the first two years of Harvard,
高中,大学,在哈佛的前两年
I'd get "A"s without studying.
我不用学都能拿A
I'd ace every test without going to class, but
我不去上课都能在所有考试里拿满分,但是...
but that third year...
但是到了第三年
You had to take Gerard.
你得上吉拉德的课
I could memorize his books,
我能背下他的书
but his tests weren't about his books.
但是他的考试却和他的书无关
Yeah, they're about his lectures.
是啊,他的考试是和他的讲座有关
The final exam I failed it.
期末考试... 我挂了
I went to his office to beg for a second chance.
我去他办公室求他再给我一次机会
He doesn't give second chances.
他从来不会再给一次机会
I had to try.
但我总得试试看啊
He wouldn't do it.
他不会答应的
He wasn't there.
他不在办公室
I got to his office. It was empty.
我进了他办公室,里面没有人
His computer was just sitting there,
他的电脑就开在那里
logged in to the main system.
登在主系统上
He was about to submit his grades.
他正准备把成绩提交上去
I only had a few seconds before he came back, so...
在他回来前我只有几秒钟的时间,所以
I decided to save myself.
我决定自救一下
No, you decided to give yourself an Aplus.
不对,你是决定给自己一个A+
No, Louis.
不是的,路易
You might not be able to believe me about anything else ever again.
也许你以后再也没办法相信我了
Believe this.
但你得相信这个
You have no idea how much I wish I could do it over again,
你无法想象我是有多希望能重来一遍
because this time, I would do it right.
若能重来,我会正正当当
I would go to every class, and I would attend every lecture,
我会去上每一堂课,去听每一个讲座
and I would feast on what that place has to offer
我会尽力汲取哈佛所提供的一切
like no one ever has.
比所有人都认真
But you didn't do it right the first time.
但是你第一次就没做好
You cheated,
你作弊了
and now you're looking at me to help you get away with it.
而如今你又指望我帮你逃过一劫
No, Louis
不是的,路易
Get out of my sight.
滚出我的视线
What a surprise.
真是惊喜啊
Louis, please, I just want to
路易,拜托了,我只是想...
I know what you want to do you want to lobby me
我知道你想干什么,你想要说服我
on behalf of someone who had the audacity
为了某个胆大包天的人
I love him.
我爱他
What?
什么
We're moving in together,
我们准备同居了
and we're starting a life together.
我们准备一起开始一段生活
Rachel
瑞秋
And I'm telling you this
而我之所以告诉你这个
because I know what he did
是因为我知道他干了什么
And I still love him.
但我仍然爱着他
Okay, here's the problem.
好吧,问题来了
I don't.
我不爱他
Louis. Rachel...
路易,瑞秋...
I respect you.
我尊敬你
I care about you.
我关心你
But this isn't about you.
但这不是针对你
This is about Mike and what he did to me.
这是针对迈克和他对我做的事
You know,
你知道吗
he came to me the night that you asked him to be your associate.
你叫他做你助手的那个晚上,他来找我了
I told him to go with you.
我要他跟着你干
Why?
为什么
Because he said he had a connection with you
因为他说过他和你有一种联系
that he's never had with Harvey.
那种联系他从没和哈维有过的
He said that? Yes.
他这么说过,是的
Your shared love of the law.
你们对法律有着共同的热爱
Yeah, I told him that. I know.
是的,这是我告诉他的,我知道
And I have the same connection with you.
而我和你也有同样的联系
Rachel, you're asking me to
瑞秋,你是想叫我去...
Louis, he didn't do this to you.
路易,他做这件事不是针对你
He did it so that he can practice the thing
他这么做是为了能从事
that we all love.
我们都热爱的事业
And if you don't let it go,
假如你不放过他的话
he's never gonna be able to practice it again.
他就再也不能从事这个了
Thank you for coming alone.
谢谢你独自前来
I'm happy to help,
我很高兴能帮上忙
but Jessica and I are a team,
但我和杰西卡是一边的
and asking to see me alone doesn't change that.
而你单独见我并不能改变这一点
I'm not gonna cut her out of the process.
在这过程中我不会撇开她
Isn't that what she's doing to me?
这难道不是她想对我做的事吗
She's trying to kill the sale.
她试图取消交易
That's not what this letter says.
这封信上可不是这么说的
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm not stupid.
我不是律师,但我也不蠢
It says all communication goes through Pearson Specter.
上面说一切接洽都必须经过皮尔逊斯佩克特
This doesn't kill the deal.
这个不会影响交易的
It tells them that
但这会告诉他们
they've been negotiating with people with no power at all.
他们一直在和没有实权的人协商
No, it tells them they have to
不,这会告诉他们,他们必须得
negotiate with two entities instead of just one.
在进行双向谈判而非单向
It gives us more firepower.
这能使我们更占上风
What do you want, Lisa?
你想怎么样,丽莎
I want to know why your signature isn't on that letter.
我想知道你为什么没有在上面签名
Because we came to a consensus,
因为我们达成一致了
and she signed it on both our behalves.
她代表我们签了名
I don't believe you. I don't care.
我不相信你,随便你
And if you can't handle us notifying the buyer
如果你不能接受我们通知买家
that we're evaluating this sale,
说正在评估这笔交易
then it makes me question
那我就该质疑
whose judgment is really clouded.
到底是谁被蒙蔽了
Now, if you'll excuse me,
恕我失陪了
I'm done meeting behind my partner's back.
背着我的合伙人来见你,我已经见够了
What the hell happened to letting me evaluate this offer?
不是说好让我评估这笔交易吗
I am letting you evaluate the offer.
我让你来评估
You sent this letter to kill the deal.
你想用这封信把交易搅黄了
I sent that letter to buy you time.
我是想用那封信帮你拖延时间
Jessica, you put my name on a document
杰西卡,你以我的名义签了一份
you knew I wouldn't support.
你明知我绝不会同意的文件
You are on lisa's side. You want to sell.
你站在丽莎那边了,你想卖
This isn't about lisa, and I don't give a shit
这与丽莎无关,我压根就不在乎
whether this company is sold or not.
这间公司到底卖不卖
This is about you and me
但这关乎你我的关系
and how we're going to run this firm.
还有我们经营事务所的方式
Didn't we just have a conversation about that?
我们不是谈过这点了吗
Yeah, we sure did.
是啊,谈过了
And when it had to do with Scottie,
牵扯到斯科特的时候
you gave me a big speech about trust,
你洋洋洒洒地说了一通信任
about how I had to trust you had rational reasons
说我得相信你所做的一切
for what you were doing.
都有合理的理由
This is different. Exactly.
这是两回事,没错
This time it's not personal for me.
这次不是我的私事
It's personal for you.
而是你的
And you're not playing by your own rules.
而且你违反了自己定下的规矩
This deal is wrong, Harvey.
这笔交易是个错误,哈维
And like it or not, I'm still the managing partner.
而且无论如何,我还是执行合伙人
Not on this.
在这个案子上并不是
On this, you're a coexecutor,
你只是共同执行人
and you're not putting my name on any more letters.
别再用以我的名义签署任何文件
So I suggest you get your head on straight
我建议你收拾好心情
and look at this deal rationally.
理性地看待这笔交易
And if you can't do that,
如果你做不到
I suggest you step aside.
我建议你别再插手了
Jessica, you loved him.
杰西卡,你爱过他
I know you're hurting. So is she.
我知道你很痛苦,她也是
Whatever your history with her,
不管你过去跟她有什么恩怨
so is she.
她也一样感受得到
You're here late.
这么晚还没下班
The life of an associate, right?
助理的生活不就这样
Ah, yeah, I remember.
是啊,我记得
I used to live in this room,
我也曾待在这个房间
work piled all around me,
面对成堆的工作
surviving on coffee, delivery,
靠咖啡和传递文件过日子
and no sleep.
不眠不休
And the whole time, wondering,
我一直在想
"Man, is it ever gonna get any easier?"
伙计,将来能有轻松的日子吗
Does it? No.
结果有吗,没有
But you still love it.
但你还是喜欢这种生活
And so do you.
你也是
Or else you'd be home with the woman who loves you,
不然你就该回家陪着爱你的人
not spending your night here.
而不是在这度过漫漫长夜
You know. She came to see me.
你知道了,她来见过我
I didn't think I could forgive you.
我本来觉得不能原谅你
But then somehow, she...
可她设法…
made me realize I could.
让我明白了我可以
Louis, I don't know how to thank you.
路易,我真不知如何感谢你
Oh, no, no, no. Don't thank me yet.
别别别,先别谢我
I'm not the one you did this to.
你这么做伤害的并不是我
What are you saying?
什么意思
I'm saying you did this to Henry Gerard.
意思就是你这么做伤害了亨利·吉拉德
And it's not my place to let it go for him,
而我无权替他决定是否追究
which is why you're gonna have to come clean to him.
所以你得向他坦诚一切
You said it yourself
你也说过
Gerard doesn't give second chances.
吉拉德不会给人第二次机会
What he does or doesn't do is up to him.
他给不给机会要由他决定
That's his right, Mike,
那是他的权力,迈克
as the person that you wronged.
因为你对不起他
Yeah, but he doesn't have to know that I wronged him.
可他不需要知道我对不起他
Listen to me.
听我说
You said that if you had it to do over, you'd do it right.
你说过如果有机会重来,你会做对的事
I'm giving you that chance.
我正是在给你这样的机会
Take it,
好好把握
or I'm gonna have to take it for you.
否则我只能亲自出手了
What are you here to do now,
你来这儿干什么
take my house away from me?
连我家都要抢吗
I'm here to talk.
我是来找你谈谈的
Well, the last time we talked, you pretty much said
上次我们谈的时候,你说
I don't care about my husband enough to honor his wishes.
我不够关心我丈夫因此没尊重他的意愿
The last time we talked,
上次我们谈的时候
I was an asshole.
我犯浑了
Pardon my French.
原谅我蹩脚的法语
I don't mind your French.
我不在乎你的法语如何
It's come to my attention that I may have let
我后来意识到,或许我
our history affect how I'm handling this situation.
被之前的恩怨左右了对情势的判断
It's funny.
有意思
Harvey brought that same thing to my attention.
哈维也让我意识到了这点
So...
所以…
tell me this.
告诉我
Why do you want to sell?
你为什么想卖
Do you know why
知道我为什么
I lied about those A.L.S. trials?
在肌萎缩性侧索硬化试验的事上撒谎吗
Because I was desperate for the research to continue.
因为就算铤而走险我也要继续这个研究
But it didn't matter.
不过无所谓了
Lisa.
丽莎
He wasn't supposed to die.
他本不该死的
He wasn't supposed to live as long as he did.
他本来也活不了这么久
We weren't trying to prolong his life.
我们在努力延长他的生命
We were trying to find a cure.
努力研发药物来治好他
And we failed.
可我们没能做到
You never cared about the money.
你从来没在乎过钱
The only money I cared about is the money to find the cure,
我唯一在乎的钱就是为他研发药物的钱
and we don't have the resources. Pryzen does.
可我们没有那么多钱,普莱森有
But they already have an A.L.S. Drug.
但他们已有一种肌萎缩性侧索硬化药了
It's not as good as ours.
那不如我们的有效
In profit margin, it's better.
但却能赚取更多利润
Which means there's nothing to stop them
这就意味着没什么能阻挡他们
from buying your company, burying your drug,
去买你的公司,让你的药不见天日
and making a fortune.
并以此牟取暴利
What are you saying?
你想说什么
I'm saying you didn't fail him,
我想说你没有让他失望
but I know how it feels to think that you did.
但我很清楚那种以为你让他失望了的感觉
And I have a way to make sure that neither one of us
有个办法能确保我们都不会
feels that way again.
再有这样的感觉
So your great plan backfired.
所以你那伟大的计划弄巧成拙了
Harvey, I'm sorry.
哈维,对不起
I don't need you to say I'm sorry.
我不需要你说对不起
But the next time I tell you to sit tight,
但下次我让你静观其变的时候
I need you to say you will. Okay.
你得给我答应,好
Good, because the next time
很好,因为我现在
I tell you to sit tight is right now.
就要让你静观其变
Wait, what are you gonna do?
等等,你打算怎么做
I'm getting on a plane to Boston.
我要坐飞机去波士顿
And doing what?
去干嘛
I'll let you know when I get back.
等我回来你就知道了
Why are you going to Boston?
为什么要去波士顿
I have to see Marcus. He's in trouble.
要去见一下马库斯,他有了点麻烦
Anything I can do?
我能帮上忙吗
No, I'll handle it myself.
不用,我自己能行
Since you're leaving, I'm going to need you to draft
既然你要走,我需要你帮我起草
some language for the Sainz pharmaceutical sale.
一些关于出售桑兹制药的文件
So you're in favor of it now?
所以你同意出售了
Well, not exactly.
也不完全是
But I heard what you said, and I went to see Lisa.
但我听了你的话,去见了丽萨
She and I are on the same page.
她和我达成了一致
Do you have time to hear what the plan is?
你有时间听听我们的计划吗
I trust you.
我相信你
So what do you need me to draft?
你需要我起草什么内容
I need you to draft a provision
我需要你起草一个
that guarantees Pryzen will finish developing that drug.
能保证普莱森完成开发该药物的条款
Consider it done.
好的
He's not seeing his brother, is he?
他不是去见他弟弟是吧
No, he's not.
不,不是
Care to elaborate on that? Not particularly.
想详细聊一下吗,不太想
You're saying I should trust him.
你是说我应该相信他吗
I'm saying I do.
我是说我相信
I'd ask how you're holding up, but I can see the answer.
我本想问问你还好吗,看来我知道答案了
Not well.
不太好
I can only imagine what these last couple of days
关于你这些天所经历的事情
have been like for you.
我只能试图想象
But I'm telling you, it's gonna be okay.
但我想跟你说,一切都会好的
You don't know that. Yes, I do.
你怎么知道,我就是知道
But what if it's not? Well, then we're screwed.
如果好不了呢,那我们就完了
But that's not gonna happen.
但这种情况不会发生的
Look, Donna.
听着,唐娜
I am trying so hard to be brave.
我已经很努力的让自己勇敢了
But what if Louis ends up finding out everything about Mike?
但如果路易发现了,迈克所有的秘密呢
What if he ends up exposing him and he actually gets arrested?
如果他真的揭发了他,他被抓起来了呢
What if he actually
如果他真的
God.
天哪
Rach,
瑞秋
Mike found out that one of our partners
迈克发现我们公司的一个合伙人
ordered multiple murders.
下令执行了多起谋杀案
Harvey said he'd fix it.
哈维说他会处理的
Two days later, that partner was in prison.
两天后,那个合伙人就进了监狱
Stephen was a criminal. This is an academic.
史蒂芬是个罪犯,但这件事只是学术上的
He hasn't done anything wrong.
他没做什么错事
Well, what makes Harvey great at his job is he knows
哈维之所以很擅长自己的工作
that everybody has done something wrong.
就是因为他知道每个人都做了一些错事
Even the most esteemed ethics professor in the country?
就连国内最受尊重的职业道德教授都一样吗
The cleaner they look,
他们看起来越干净
the more dirt they've swept under the rug.
藏起来的污点就越多
I'm telling you, Harvey's gonna walk in there,
我要说的是,哈维会走过去
he's gonna find the lump,
然后找到那些污点
and Henry Gerard is not gonna know what hit him.
亨利·吉拉德绝对不会知道他要面对什么
Wednesday nights, 8:00 to 10:00,
每周三晚,八点到十点
it's like clockwork.
总是如此准时
Consistency is nothing to be feared.
一致性并不是什么可怕的东西
I wasn't afraid of it. I was counting on it.
我没有害怕,我还指望着它呢
Mr. Specter.
斯佩克特先生
Professor gerard.
吉拉德教授
Looks the same as the last time I was here.
您还像我当时在这里时一样
Can't say you look the same as the last time you were here.
对你我就不能这么说了
Yes, you can.
是的,你可以
I see you're as humble as ever.
看来你还想以前一样谦逊
we'll see who's humble in a few minutes.
过几分钟我们就知道是谁谦逊了
And for the record,
顺便正式说一句
you were wrong about how I'd turn out.
您对我将来会变成什么样子的判断是错的
I know how you turned out.
我知道你变成了什么样子
More settlements than any other lawyer in New York.
纽约最爱和解的律师
More closings than any other lawyer in New York.
纽约结案效率最高的律师
And settling is what it takes to get the job done
在现实世界中,和解只是达成目的的
in the real world.
一种手段
I know what it takes for you to do what you do,
我知道你所需要的那些手段
and compromising your way through life
这种人生中的妥协让步
is no way to go about the law.
根本不是法律的精神
I see you're as pompous as ever.
看来你还跟以前一样自大
What did you come here for, Mr. Specter?
你来这里的目的是什么,斯佩克特先生
I came to ask for a favor. The answer is no.
我来请你帮个忙,我不会答应的
You don't even know what it is.
你还不知道是什么事呢
I know you're the one who's asking.
但我知道是你在请求我
I figured you'd say that, which is why I brought this.
我就知道你会这么说,所以带了这个来
I don't consider blackmail a favor.
我不认为勒索可以叫做帮忙
I doubt the trustees will care about semantics
我很怀疑如果董事会看到了这些东西
when they see that.
还会不会在意措辞
well, I doubt the trustees are gonna see anything at all.
我也怀疑董事会有没有东西可以看
Because that envelope is full of blank paper
因为那个信封里肯定装满了白纸
or your dry cleaning receipts.
或者你的干洗收据
You think I'm bluffing?
你觉得我是在吓唬你
I know you are.
我确定你是
If you think that envelope is meaningless,
如果你认为信封里面的东西毫无意义
why don't you go ahead and open it?
为何不打开看看呢
Your poker face has gotten much better,
你面无表情的功力真是大增
I'll give you that.
这点我同意
A lot of practice, you know,
练习得多了,你懂的
compromising my way through life.
人生中的妥协让步
You know.
你知道了
I know. And you talk a big game,
我知道了,你高谈阔论
but you're just as human as everyone else,
但你其实也只是一个普通人
you smug son of a bitch.
你这自以为是的混蛋
What's your favor?
你想让我做什么
Find a reason to cancel your trip on Friday.
找个理由取消你周五的行程
And if Louis Litt ever tries to contact you after that,
如果之后路易·利特再试图联系你
don't take his call.
不要接他的电话
Seems easy enough. It is.
看起来很简单,确实简单
Have a good night, Professor Gerard.
晚安,吉拉德教授
Here's the problem, Mr. Specter.
但问题是,斯佩克特先生
I don't only talk a big game. I walk it.
我不只是高谈阔论,我也会身体力行
And ethics is not about never doing anything wrong.
职业道德从来不是指不犯错误
It's about making choices.
而是指如何做选择
And I'm not going to let you make my choice for me.
我绝不会让你替我选择
So go do whatever you're gonna do,
所以你想怎样请随便吧
but I'm not canceling my trip.
我是不会取消行程的
You didn't get it done.
你没搞定
How'd you know?
你怎么知道
Because I know you would call to tell me if it's okay.
因为我知道如果成功了你会打电话给我的
And you didn't call, so it's not okay.
但你没有,所以应该是失败了
Then why are you so calm?
那你怎么还这么冷静
Because you've taught me enough to know
因为你教我了很多
that it's going to be okay.
以至于我知道这一切都会没事的
It's not. What?
不会的,什么
It's not gonna be okay. I don't see what we're gonna do.
不会没事的,我不知道我们要怎么办
What do you mean you don't see what we're gonna do?
什么叫你不知道我们要怎么办
You're Harvey Specter.
你是哈维·斯佩克特
What's that supposed to mean?
那又怎样呢
It means there's a gun pointed at our heads.
那意味着就算有枪指着你的头
There's 146 things that we can do.
我们也能有146种办法解决它
We just have to put our heads together and figure it out.
我们只需要齐心协力想个办法出来
What the hell do you think I've been doing
不然你以为我这一晚上
all goddamn night?
都在干什么
Louis has us, he's not gonna let it go,
路易抓住我们的把柄了,他不会放手的
and there's nothing we can do to stop it.
我们也没有什么办法能够阻止他了
There has to be something. There isn't.
一定还有办法,没有了
Well, I refuse to believe that.
我拒绝那么想
I don't give a shit what you believe.
我才不在乎你怎么想
Get it through your head. I'm not superman.
早点想通吧,我不是超人
I failed, and I don't know what to do.
我失败了,我不知该怎么办
Mike.
迈克
Tim, I thought I was meeting with Lisa.
蒂姆,我以为我是和丽莎见面
And I thought you were above board.
而我以为你们会公开见面
I see you've read our amendment.
我看你读过了我们的修正案了
You drafted a provision
你起草的条款中有一条
that if they didn't spend $100 million finishing that drug,
如果他们不支付一亿美元以完成制药
they'd have to pay us an extra $100 million.
他们将另付一亿作为赔偿
I drafted a provision to see
我所起草的这条条款
if they'd put their money where their mouth is.
是要确保他们说到做到
What you did was what you always wanted to do
你就在做你一直想做的
tank this deal.
就是毁了这交易
They pulled the offer.
他们虚抬价
They yanked the offer.
他们要压价
Then the deal wasn't worth anything to begin with.
那这笔交易就没有开始的必要了
What wasn't worth anything
你让奎汀签的那份
was the document you had Quentin sign
让你的人代替我成为遗嘱执行人的文件
making you executor instead of me.
才是一文不值
I didn't have Quentin sign anything.
我没让奎汀签什么文件
Well, maybe you didn't have him sign it,
好吧,你说没有就没有吧
but I know when he signed it,
但我可知道他什么时候签了的
and it's not gonna hold up.
而且这东西拦不住我的
It'll hold up just fine.
当然会拦得好好的
We'll see.
我们走着瞧
This is a subpoena.
这是传票
So the next time we have this conversation,
所以下次我们再见
you'll be under oath.
你就得实话实说了
What exactly is he claiming?
他到底什么意思
He's saying Quentin wasn't competent
他说奎汀任命我为执行人时
when he made me executor.
并没有判断能力
So let him say it.
那让他说去吧
I don't see where there's a problem.
我看来一点问题也没有
Yes, you do.
不,你看出来了
No, I don't.
不,我没有
Just get up on the stand and testify that Tim
只要站在听证席上作证
doesn't know what he's talking about.
证明蒂姆根本就是瞎说
But he does.
但事实并非如此
Quentin knew what he wanted.
奎汀知道他想要什么
They're not going to ask me that.
他们不会向我寻求答案
They're going to ask me about his condition.
他们只会来问我他的身体状况
I saw him, Lisa.
我见过他了,丽莎
I know what he was like.
我知道他是个怎样的人
Quentin knew what he wanted.
奎汀知道他想要什么
He was also medicated, could barely speak,
他用了药物,讲话都困难
and he was in a lot of pain.
病痛缠身
But you don't have to say those things.
但你不必讲那些东西
I'm going to have to swear to this under oath.
我在法庭上不得不实话实说
If making you executor wasn't legally valid,
如果任你为执行人是没有法律效力的
then why didn't you say so when he did it?
那他这么做的时候你为什么不说
Because I didn't think it would be challenged.
因为我觉得那样不够有挑战
And thinking something might not hold up
但对于有些无关紧要的事
and keeping that thought to myself
在脑子里想想,缄口不提
is not the same as lying about it under oath.
和在法庭上撒谎可不一样
Well, those are some fuzzy damn lines.
好吧,这是钻模糊概念的空子
I didn't make them. They came with the job.
概念不是我定的,现实就是如此
You're gonna undo everything he's ever worked for.
你就要这么推翻他的一切吗
Maybe.
大概吧
But just because you and I want the same thing
但我和你目的一致
doesn't mean that I'm willing to perjure myself to get it.
并不意味着我会为此做伪证
Please.
求你了
You said you didn't want to fail him again.
你说过你不想再让他失望了
You didn't fail.
你没失败
You don't need to make me feel better.
你不必这样安慰我
I'm not trying to make you feel better.
我不是想安慰你
I'm just telling you the truth.
只是告诉你事实
You didn't fail because...
你没有失败,因为
we were always playing on borrowed time.
我们一直就在争取时间
Mike. Harvey.
迈克,哈维
I wouldn't have any of this without you.
如果没有你我不可能得到这些
I think it's time I cut your exposure.
我觉得是时候让我独当一面了
You don't have to do that.
你不必如此
It's all gonna come crashing down anyway.
反正都是要毁于一旦了
I'm gonna go to Louis.
我会去找路易
I'm going to resign,
我会辞职
and I'm gonna beg him to let this whole thing go.
我会求他放过这整件事
Then I'm going with you.
那我和你一起去
Harvey,
哈维
when Trevor went to Jessica with my secret,
特雷弗把我的秘密告诉杰西卡时
I felt betrayed.
我觉得自己被背叛了
I lost my closest friend in the world.
我失去了我世上最好的朋友
And I know you don't like to admit it,
我知道你不会承认
but we're friends.
但我们确是朋友
And I'm not gonna betray my friend.
而我不会背叛我的朋友
I used to hate this kind of thing.
我以前可烦这种事了
What kind of thing?
哪种事
Guest lectures. Hardman used to make us sit through them.
客座讲座,哈德曼以前逼着我们听完
Except he gave tests afterwards.
除了之后他还会进行测验
Yeah, and if you didn't pass, you got stuck on doc review.
是啊,如果你没过,就要被罚检阅文件
Goddamn Hardman.
该死的哈德曼
You remember the Robinson case?
你还记得罗宾森的案子吗
Sure do.
当然了
80,000 documents, two years of prep,
八万份文件,准备了两年
and five months in court.
在法庭上奋战了五个月
And the friday before trial started,
而在庭审前的那个周五
he assigned you and I to proof everything.
他要我们俩把所有东西校对一遍
You blew it off.
你溜走了
And you covered for me.
而你帮我掩护
You did your half and mine, then turned it in.
你把我们两人份的都做了,然后交了
He would've fired you on the spot.
他当场就会炒了你的
Exactly, and I'm here
没错,但我好好的
Because you didn't sell out a friend then,
因为你没有出卖朋友
but you're about to now.
但你就要出卖了
Mike. Me.
迈克吗,我
Friend?
你是朋友
Louis, I may not ever say it,
路易,可能我永远不会说出口
but that's not because we aren't.
但那并不代表我们不是朋友
We are. You know it.
我们是朋友,你知道的
I know it.
我知道
I just don't like to say it.
我只是不爱说出来
Last time I asked you, you said, "Don't push it."
上回我问你,你还说,别逼我
You knew I meant yes.
你知道我的意思是答应了
I did.
我知道
So Mike told you. He did.
所以是迈克告诉你的,是的
What'd you say?
你怎么说的
Doesn't matter.
那无所谓
Bottom line is I forgave him because I don't care
我的底线是,我会原谅他
what some stupid piece of paper says.
我才不关心那些破纸上说什么呢
And I want you to forgive him too.
而我也希望你能原谅他
Oh, Harvey, I did forgive him.
哈维,我原谅他了
I just can't cover it up for him.
我只是没法为他掩饰
You covered it up with Hardman for me.
你就为我向哈德曼打了掩护
What you did that weekend
那个周末你的所为
is not the same as what he did to Professor Gerard.
和他对吉拉德教授做的不一样
What's the same is Hardman wouldn't have let it go,
相同之处就是吉拉德教授和哈德曼一样
and Gerard won't let it go.
不会就这么算了
You make Mike confess,
你让迈克坦白真相
you might as well throw his life down the toilet.
无异于将他的人生彻底毁掉
Harvey, he didn't just betray us.
哈维,他背叛的不仅是我们
He betrayed the law. He did.
他这是违法,是的
That's not right. It isn't.
这是不对的,对啊
But forgiveness isn't about right and wrong.
但是原谅是无关对错的
Louis, I know you value the letter of the law,
路易,我知道你尊重法条
but what about its spirit?
但法条包含的精神呢
Because Mike embodies
因为迈克的身上
that spirit more than either one of us.
比我们俩都更体现法律的精神
You said we're friends.
你说过我们是朋友
A friend would not ask me to do this.
朋友是永远不会要求我这样做的
No, Louis.
是不会,路易
A friend just won't hold it against you if you don't.
作为朋友,如果你不这样做,我也不会怪罪你
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth,
上帝助你,你能发誓你说的是真话
and nothing but the truth, so help you god?
句句属实,无半句假话吗
I do.
我发誓
But before we start, I'd like to make a statement.
但在我们开始之前,我要先声明一下
I am here to tell the truth,
我来这里说出真相
but what I want you to understand
但我希望你们明白
is that truth is subjective.
真相也是主观的
The truth is the truth.
真相就是真相
No. The law is the law.
不,法律就是法律
We can define where a legal line is.
我们可以定义合法的边界在哪里
I'm talking about the truth.
我说的是真相
The truth is much more complicated.
但真相却复杂得多
By the letter of the law,
根据法律条文的字面义
Quentin Sainz may or may not have been competent.
奎汀·桑兹也许不一定具有相应行为能力
I can't say what's true with 100% certainty.
我没法儿说这些百分百是真的
I just don't know.
我不知道
But what I can say with certainty
但我能确定的是
is that Quentin knew what he was doing
奎汀·桑兹信任我,把他最重要的利益
when he trusted me to look after his best interests.
交由我处置时,他是理智的
How do you know that?
你是怎么知道的
Because I knew him.
因为我了解他
Just because someone can't check off everything
因为有的人身上不具备有
on the list that's required to be competent doesn't mean
某些清单列出的一切要求,并不意味着
they aren't better at whatever they do than the rest of us.
他们做什么都比我们这些人差劲
And Quentin Sainz was an amazing man
奎汀·桑兹是个天才
with an amazing mind.
拥有天才的头脑
And if he were here right now,
如果他现在在这里
I'd still listen to him on any subject
比起听其他人说
sooner than I'd listen to anybody else.
我更想听他说任何事情
That's all very touching,
非常感人
but we're not here to talk about the truth.
但我们不是来谈真相的
We're here to deal with the letter of the law.
我们是来处理法条的
Have you never met someone who by the letter of the law
根据法律条文
shouldn't be able to do what they do,
有人无法做他们想做的事
who beat the odds? Your honor
但他们克服了困难,法官大人
We are talking about a man's life.
我们谈的是一个人的一生
We are talking about his legacy.
我们谈的是他的遗产
And I dispute that those things are less important
我不认为那些事情不如
than the letter of the law.
法条更重要
Your honor, what has to happen today is very clear.
法官大人,今天应该怎么做已经非常清楚了
You have to undo this injustice.
您必须消除这桩不公之事
Yes. This is about justice.
是的,重点就是公平
But the issue isn't whether Quentin Sainz was competent
但问题不在于奎汀·桑兹委托我作遗嘱执行人时
when he made me executor, but rather,
是否具有行为能力,而在于
would it have been his intent to do so if he were.
如果他具有行为能力,这是不是他的意愿
This man dedicated his life to one thing,
这个男人一生都扑在一项事业上
and the circumstances surrounding how he decided
关于他如何保护那项事业的详细情况
to protect that thing is not the question.
不是问题所在
It's a question of law, Ms. Pearson.
这是法律问题,皮尔森女士
No, it is a question of doing what is right.
不,这是关于做正确决定的问题
Louis.
路易
What the hell are you doing here?
你来这里做什么
I I told you I needed
我,我告诉你要在午餐前
the Carell filings by lunch you didn't get that done,
搞定卡瑞尔的归档文件,但你没搞定
so now you don't get to listen to this lecture.
所以现在你不能来听这门课
You do not get to listen to this titan talk about legal ethics.
你不能来听我们关于法律职业道德的巅峰对话
You know something, you make me sick.
你让我觉得很恶心
So do me a quick favor and tell him you're sorry
快帮我个忙,向他道歉
and get the hell out of here.
然后赶紧滚开
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I accept your apology,
我接受你的道歉
but I'm not the aggrieved one here.
但我没什么委屈的
Louis is.
路易才委屈
Louis...
路易
I'm sorry. Yeah.
我很抱歉,行了
It's not my pony. Come on.
他不是我的人,走吧
Motion to remove Jessica Pearson as executor denied.
驳回关于撤除杰西卡·皮尔逊作为遗嘱执行人的动议
Well, you were right.
你说得对
Quentin did know what he was doing.
奎汀·桑兹心中有数的
I know how hard it must have been...
我知道到最后
at the end.
有多艰难
I'm glad Quentin had you.
我很庆幸奎汀拥有你
I'm glad he had you too.
我也很庆幸他拥有你
He let it go.
他手下留情了
I heard it all worked out.
我听说都搞定了
Never a doubt.
毫无疑问啊
I've got a present for you.
我为你准备了个礼物
Tiffany.
蒂芙尼
"D.J.S"
"D.J.S."
This is a present for Scottie.
这是为斯科特准备的礼物
Which makes it a present for you.
也就是为你准备的礼物
Let's put this in her office. Great.
把这个放进她的办公室吧,太好了
We can put it next to your overpriced bottle of scotch.
跟你那瓶特别贵的威士忌放在一起吧
So it was a great gift.
真是个很棒的礼物啊
Now it is.
现在确实是
For the record, her middle name is Victoria.
准确的说,她的中间名是维多利亚
No, it isn't.
不对,不是
What is it?
那是什么
Please, she never told me.
拜托,她没告诉过我
Julie?
朱莉
Seriously? J essie?
真的吗,杰西
Oh, my god. Joy?
天呐,乔伊吗
You're pathetic. Jenny?
你太可悲了,还是珍妮
Not telling.
不会告诉你的
I don't think this is a good idea.
这样恐怕不太好吧
I don't care.
我不管
What are they gonna do, fire us?
他们能怎么着,炒了咱俩吗
Mike, I haven't left before 5:00
迈克,过去六年
in the past six years.
我从未五点前下班
All the more reason to do it.
那就更有理由去了
Now what do you want to do?
你想干什么
See a movie, grab dinner, get a drink?
看个电影,吃个晚饭,再去喝两杯
I just want to go home.
我只想回家
Yeah. Let's go home.
好,那就回家
People seem to keep coming in here lately.
最近好像老有人来啊
I needed to hear some music.
我想听点音乐
And drink some scotch.
喝点威士忌
How often do you really do one without the other?
这两样怎么能不配在一起呢
Move over.
坐过去
Did you take care of your Marcus problem?
你搞定你的大麻烦了吗
For the time being.
暂时解决了
Good.
很好
It wasn't really a Marcus problem.
其实问题并不是我之前说的那个
I know.
我知道
You want to hear the truth?
你想听实话吗
Not tonight.
今晚别说了
That's why I didn't tell you in the first place.
所以我开始才没有告诉你
I know.
我知道